Poll--The Weakest Link: Riot Act Round 4

2»

Comments

• rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    Love Boat Captain
    mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

Thumbing My Way is easily the best song musically and lyrically. Sadly it's just a little too slow for Joe Pearl Jam Fan and I understand it- even though they're wrong.

Jeez....just because someone prefers the three Riot Act singles to TMW they've become a "Joe?"
    Is being a joe worse than being an even bros?!
    Definitely not.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Love Boat Captain
    rummy said:

Thumbing My Way is easily the best song musically and lyrically. Sadly it's just a little too slow for Joe Pearl Jam Fan and I understand it- even though they're wrong.

Jeez....just because someone prefers the three Riot Act singles to TMW they've become a "Joe?"
    Definitely not what I was getting at. Just saying that TMW is too slow for most. And I get that. Nothing wrong with preferring rockers. I just think lyrically and musically, this is one very underrated song. As far as Ed songs go, it's right up there with Sad as the best of post Vitalogy songs.
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    Love Boat Captain

rummy said:

Definitely not what I was getting at. Just saying that TMW is too slow for most. And I get that. Nothing wrong with preferring rockers. I just think lyrically and musically, this is one very underrated song. As far as Ed songs go, it's right up there with Sad as the best of post Vitalogy songs.
    Fair enough (hand shake).
    For what it's​ worth, I think it's a great tune for those acoustic sets they do. When listening to PJ, I tend to prefer a run of quiet tunes as opposed to going back and forth between them and the rockers.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Love Boat Captain
    rummy said:

rummy said:

For what it's​ worth, I think it's a great tune for those acoustic sets they do. When listening to PJ, I tend to prefer a run of quiet tunes as opposed to going back and forth between them and the rockers.
    I agree 100%. One of the weirdest set moments for me was St. Paul 2003 when a rocking version of Evenflow was followed by Thin Air. You could literally feel the air being sucked out of the arena.

I like the current format of opening with 3-4 slow songs and maybe 1-2 to kick off the encore. The Vote For Change acoustic encores were awesome as well.

I'll keep holding out for an acoustic album or tour though. A fella can dream.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,732
    Thumbing My Way
    rummy said:

brianlux said:

Going to be quite the show down between "Save You" and "I am Mine". And a tough choice for me.

Go figure. The two lead singles make it to the final (well it appears this will be the case).
    They chose well. Unfortunately, "Save You" was never officially release on a 7" vinyl single.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    Love Boat Captain

rummy said:

rummy said:

I agree 100%. One of the weirdest set moments for me was St. Paul 2003 when a rocking version of Evenflow was followed by Thin Air. You could literally feel the air being sucked out of the arena.

I like the current format of opening with 3-4 slow songs and maybe 1-2 to kick off the encore. The Vote For Change acoustic encores were awesome as well.

I'll keep holding out for an acoustic album or tour though. A fella can dream.
    The love for the Benaroya Hall show, and the Mansfield 2003 preset should have given them a hint...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Posts: 3,065
    Love Boat Captain
    Tough choice!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    edited May 2017
    Save You
    All great songs left. This album is sooooo good! I don't feel comfortable voting for Save You but, of the 4 remaining, I'd choose the other 3 in a playlist first.
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    Love Boat Captain
    LBC should've been gone 2 rounds ago.
    NYPJ
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Save You
    These four songs get played once or twice a tour. That is most of Riot Act though.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170

These four songs get played once or twice a tour. That is most of Riot Act though.

True that, but they're also the shows that stick out from those tours.. Hartford 2013, Charlottesville 2013, Quebec City 2016, Pemberton 2016, etc. :D It's been interesting watching this tournament.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Save You
    I really dug the Jumpin Jack Flash tag on LBC at the shows I saw in 2014.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170

I really dug the Jumpin Jack Flash tag on LBC at the shows I saw in 2014.

You got to see the best 2 versions of it, for sure! All 12 of those shows are among my favorites from recent years. Incendiary, I say!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,896
    Love Boat Captain
    mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

Save You absolutely rocks. Love it.

You would be correct sir. Lbc is terrible.
    I like LBC a lot, but the other three remaining are better.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Save You
    LBC, Thumbing My Way and I Am Mine are the three songs that pass as my favorites from this album.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Thumbing My Way
    Final round should be interesting. Makes sense that LBC is out and yet a favorite of mine, especially lyrically. Just this amazing line alone, man...

"And the young, they can lose hope 'cause they can't see beyond today,
    The wisdom that the old can't give away."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Save You
    How the hell is Thumbing my Way #1?
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
    Thumbing My Way

How the hell is Thumbing my Way #1?

#1 on the list of next to be eliminated.

• MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Love Boat Captain
    This poll has ended.
    Thumbing My Way and Love Boat Captain have been eliminated.
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    Save You
    MedozK said:

This poll has ended.
    Thumbing My Way and Love Boat Captain have been eliminated.

https://youtu.be/ILPbQvh8ol4
    :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

This discussion has been closed.