FT: Thomas "The Catch" Boston Fenway Orange Variant

2»

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,147
    edited April 2017
    bbiggs said:

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

good luck, OP! that variant is sweet! it's actually the only poster I have of a show that I did not attend. I have the basic print, but love it!

As a baseball fan I must stick to the original print. Mine is actually out getting framed.
    It's one of my 3 favorite pieces of concert memorabilia (all 3 being PJ posters of course) and I went all out with it too. My wife got me a nice gift certificate for Christmas to a local place that does great work, and we splurged on this one. I was lucky enough to score the AP, and it has a place of honor in our living room, opposite the Pendleton Skyline from the GCF.

As my 9 year old nephew remarked "It's like two of your favorite things, Pearl Jam & Fenway all in one"

He's a smart kid. :D
    So cool. I wish one of the Wrigley prints would have incorporated Wrigley Field into the poster more (not a huge fan of the Klausen) . It would be the same for me, having 2 of my favorite things (Wrigley and PJ) in one!
    I hear that; for such an iconic venue, it's odd that it didn't inspire better posters between the three shows they've played there. The ivy alone could have made for some better themes. The Faile had a cool concept to incorporate the El & some Chicago characters but the execution fell short IMO. The Cracker Jack is a phenomenal poster, but that's a baseball thing, not a Wrigley thing. That's definitely a missed opportunity. (In all fairness though, I think the Catch is the only Fenway poster that lives up to the shows or venue. The rest could have been much better)
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

good luck, OP! that variant is sweet! it's actually the only poster I have of a show that I did not attend. I have the basic print, but love it!

As a baseball fan I must stick to the original print. Mine is actually out getting framed.
    It's one of my 3 favorite pieces of concert memorabilia (all 3 being PJ posters of course) and I went all out with it too. My wife got me a nice gift certificate for Christmas to a local place that does great work, and we splurged on this one. I was lucky enough to score the AP, and it has a place of honor in our living room, opposite the Pendleton Skyline from the GCF.

As my 9 year old nephew remarked "It's like two of your favorite things, Pearl Jam & Fenway all in one"

Post a picture of the poster bud!
    My wife spotted the frame at the last minute before we finalized the order which was a great find, it definitely brings out the "Pearl Jam" lettering & background behind the old North Church. After getting it done, I realized I don't love the green matte. Although it matches the poster, I think it's too much green. If I can find a nice blue matte to match the socks & hat on the player, I will see about changing it.

Apologies OP, but at least we're bumping it. (Edited to fix link)
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404

bbiggs said:

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

So cool. I wish one of the Wrigley prints would have incorporated Wrigley Field into the poster more (not a huge fan of the Klausen) . It would be the same for me, having 2 of my favorite things (Wrigley and PJ) in one!
    I hear that; for such an iconic venue, it's odd that it didn't inspire better posters between the three shows they've played there. The ivy alone could have made for some better themes. The Faile had a cool concept to incorporate the El & some Chicago characters but the execution fell short IMO. The Cracker Jack is a phenomenal poster, but that's a baseball thing, not a Wrigley thing. That's definitely a missed opportunity. (In all fairness though, I think the Catch is the only Fenway poster that lives up to the shows or venue. The rest could have been much better)
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:

Post a picture of the poster bud!
    My wife spotted the frame at the last minute before we finalized the order which was a great find, it definitely brings out the "Pearl Jam" lettering & background behind the old North Church. After getting it done, I realized I don't love the green matte. Although it matches the poster, I think it's too much green. If I can find a nice blue matte to match the socks & hat on the player, I will see about changing it.

Apologies OP, but at least we're bumping it. (Edited to fix link)
    I love it!!! Nice work! I ll post a pic of mine when it s done.
    Bump for the op!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JO66982JO66982 Posts: 43
    Thanks for sharing your frame ups of this awesome print. Hope it inspires some trades!
  • JO66982JO66982 Posts: 43