Outside Lands Festival

In San Francisco..
Anybody ever been to this?
Comments? Advice for a group considering going?
Atlanta 2003
Columbia 2008
Charlotte 2013
Seattle 2013
Greenville 2016

Comments

• kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,935
    I've been three times, but it's been since 2012 when I was last there so I don't know how much has changed. It's a great fest and I've really enjoyed the times I've been. Hope I can make it back soon.
    It's in Golden Gate Park, and there's a good amount of distance between the main stage and the other end where the second stage is so wear your walking shoes. There are other stages too which are in closer proximity. Also wear/bring layers as the fog and weather can cool off quickly and change throughout the day. Depending on where you're staying, I'd recommend the shuttle they run back and forth from the Civic Center downtown if that's still available as public transport gets crowded with everybody trying to pile onto buses or and I imagine Uber/Lyft rides which will have surge pricing. I've even walked a bit (~1 mile) to get away from the park and then grab transit. I'd recommend eating early before you go into the fest or earlier in the day once inside. The food lines can get long and move slow. The fest ends at 10pm daily so you can always grab food afterward. I had VIP two of the times I went and there were shorter lines in there and also dedicated VIP viewing areas/pens which worked out nicely.
    Again, it's been a while since I've been so hopefully others who've been more recently or are SF locals can chime in with more help. Enjoy.