Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores Book

2456718

Comments

  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,128
    It's been almost 8.5 years but it's finally come true...
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/359021#Comment_359021
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/AustriaPosts: 3,724
    i don't like the word "complete"...like there's nothing more to come...
    up here in my tree in vienna
    2006: Vienna
    2009: Berlin
    2010: London ~ Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam 1 & 2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1 & 2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin
    2018: Padova ~ Rome

    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • joergjoerg AustriaPosts: 119

    i don't like the word "complete"...like there's nothing more to come...

    same fear here :s
    ... wind in my hair i feel part of everywhere ...
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 57,184
    If you are on Instagram​ check out Pearl Jam's latest video story on the book. :)
  • NamiNami NewfoundlandPosts: 5,762
    joerg said:

    i don't like the word "complete"...like there's nothing more to come...

    same fear here :s
    was thinking the same thing...should at least have Volume 1
    haha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 57,184
    https://pearljam.com/news/anthology-book-pre-order




    The scores of 130 Pearl Jam songs, all in one place. Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores is a deluxe, hardcover book providing scores of every song from Pearl Jam albums Ten through Lightning Bolt, plus three bonus singles. Contains lyrics and streamlined transcriptions of every instrument with guitar and bass parts written in both standard notation and tablature.

    Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores will be released May 10th. In celebration of World Book Day, pre-order this must-have through pearljam.com and get an exclusive bookmark.
  • guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ONPosts: 271
    At the risk of being overly negative, I wonder how accurate these are. Is it just a fancy collection of the types of hal leonard books that you see at guitar shops, or is it actually somewhat verified by the band? Ive never put a lot of faith in the hal leonard books. They generally get you in the ball park, but arent always 100 percent.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 337
    Ordered! Can't wait... As a guitar player who has learned many of these songs over the past 25 years it is great to finally have a definitive source book! I don't expect these tabs to be exactly the fingerings that Stone and Mike use but they should be in the ballpark... If you've ever watched youtube videos of Stone playing you realize the guy is on a whole different level with the way he plays chords and his finger positions... Just recently (finally) got down Stone's part in 'Faithful'... every single tab on the internet is wrong for the chorus... watch the youtube of Seattle '13 for the correct part... Still super stoked for the book! Wish Lost Dogs was included though...
  • marjenmarjen CTPosts: 632
    Like others I am wondering if they are done recording new music? Strange they call it complete recordings when they might have more albums. It has been a very long time since Lightning Bolt came out. Maybe they just plan on touring on their existing catalog once every couple years until they can't do it anymore. Would suck for sure, but at their age it is certainly a possibility.
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 57,184
    mrk2 said:

    Hal Leonard has more info (listed as 816 pages there...)
    https://www.halleonard.com/product/viewproduct.action?itemid=157921&lid=3&keywords=pearl jam&subsiteid=1&

    List of included songs:
    https://www.halleonard.com/product/viewproduct.action?itemid=157921&lid=157921&keywords=pearl jam&subsiteid=1&&viewtype=songlist

    Must have this. Been playing guitar for years, but haven't had time to figure out all their songs. Maybe will sit down and learn the rest too.

    Thanks!
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 57,184












  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYCPosts: 24,233
    demetrios said:













    reminds me of a bible :lol:

    I'd have to think that this is the coolest thing ever for someone who plays guitar
    severed hand thirteen

    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12 2015: NYC 9/23
    2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+7 2017: RRHoF 4/7
    2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4

    EV: 8/4-5/2008, 6/21-22/2011
  • AxemanAxeman Posts: 1
    Even Bugs is in there, lol
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 7,226
    Finally the lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter
  • JedJed New York CityPosts: 646
    MedozK said:

    Finally the lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter

    This!

    Worth the price of admission alone.
    https://twitter.com/pjfourtwitter.com/pjfour
  • JbarkerJbarker AlbertaPosts: 528
    mcgruff10 said:

    gcp79 said:

    Looks amazing! I am surprised that Long Road and I Got Id are left off though.....

    Long road:
    D
    G
    Em
    A
    D
    And the wind keeps rolling: C

    G

    Back to D
    lol
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 20,094
    Jbarker said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    gcp79 said:

    Looks amazing! I am surprised that Long Road and I Got Id are left off though.....

    Long road:
    D
    G
    Em
    A
    D
    And the wind keeps rolling: C

    G

    Back to D
    lol
    I didn't have a guitar in front of me lol. probably the easiest pj song to play.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JbarkerJbarker AlbertaPosts: 528
    No songs from Lost Dogs or Merkin seems like a missed opportunity.
    But there is Yellow Led., SOLAT & Breath. Even Foxy Mop is listed (can't wait to jam that one).

    Don't see Vol.1 written anywhere on it.
    Five years from now we will all agree that we should have noticed the 'signs' that the band was...."calling it a day"

  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 3,610

    I want to support 10c but after the last vault went missing in the post and then they said they sent a replacement but never did I can't take the chance unless I can't get it elsewhere.

    You know that $45 postage to the UK will also include a £20 VAT import charge as well.
    Gonna have to go with amazon on this one.

    They've always been good to me with that sort of thing. I ordered about 10 boots from the 2008 tour and they were mailed to an old address, even though my invoice had the current one. They immediately sent replacements.
    Then with LO10L it never came. I emailed them, they said to check with the post office, and wait a few weeks in case it got held up in customs After waiting about an extra month they send another. Funny thing is the first one showed up at my door literally about 6 months later. I'm guessing with as many orders as they have, its just cheaper to sent out replacements than for the cost of tracking. I'm pretty sure I had an annual single or 2 never show up where they sent replacements for as well. I'm almost nervous if it happens again they'll think I'm scamming them.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,118

    demetrios said:













    reminds me of a bible :lol:

    I'd have to think that this is the coolest thing ever for someone who plays guitar
    my buddy who plays guitar said this made his entire year
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 3,610
    Jbarker said:

    No songs from Lost Dogs or Merkin seems like a missed opportunity.
    But there is Yellow Led., SOLAT & Breath. Even Foxy Mop is listed (can't wait to jam that one).

    Don't see Vol.1 written anywhere on it.
    Five years from now we will all agree that we should have noticed the 'signs' that the band was...."calling it a day"

    I would think a band this big would let their fans know they are no longer recording. I'm guessing they just arent in any hurry to record, and will probably see only 2 or 3 albums in the next 20 years before they decide they just cant do it anymore.
  • JbarkerJbarker AlbertaPosts: 528
    mcgruff10 said:

    Jbarker said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    gcp79 said:

    Looks amazing! I am surprised that Long Road and I Got Id are left off though.....

    Long road:
    D
    G
    Em
    A
    D
    And the wind keeps rolling: C

    G

    Back to D
    lol
    I didn't have a guitar in front of me lol. probably the easiest pj song to play.
    haha. It is one of the easiest by far - next to wishlist.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYCPosts: 24,233
    my2hands said:

    demetrios said:













    reminds me of a bible :lol:

    I'd have to think that this is the coolest thing ever for someone who plays guitar
    my buddy who plays guitar said this made his entire year
    That's awesome!
    severed hand thirteen

    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12 2015: NYC 9/23
    2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+7 2017: RRHoF 4/7
    2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4

    EV: 8/4-5/2008, 6/21-22/2011
  • mace1229 said:

    I want to support 10c but after the last vault went missing in the post and then they said they sent a replacement but never did I can't take the chance unless I can't get it elsewhere.

    You know that $45 postage to the UK will also include a £20 VAT import charge as well.
    Gonna have to go with amazon on this one.

    They've always been good to me with that sort of thing. I ordered about 10 boots from the 2008 tour and they were mailed to an old address, even though my invoice had the current one. They immediately sent replacements.
    Then with LO10L it never came. I emailed them, they said to check with the post office, and wait a few weeks in case it got held up in customs After waiting about an extra month they send another. Funny thing is the first one showed up at my door literally about 6 months later. I'm guessing with as many orders as they have, its just cheaper to sent out replacements than for the cost of tracking. I'm pretty sure I had an annual single or 2 never show up where they sent replacements for as well. I'm almost nervous if it happens again they'll think I'm scamming them.
    Order from loads of different places in the states and never had as many issues as i've had with 10c. Missing previous vault LP's, fan club tshirts, christmas records. Such a shame really.

    When they do arrive there is always a VAT import duty added also.

    A European distribution service is desperately needed. I'd happily run it for them
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
  • dreamcodedreamcode Posts: 134
    Can't wait to see the counting of bars in "Ghost", "Cropduster" and alikes. The time shifts between 4/4, 3/4, 7/4 and 6/4. Cameron's a genius with these things - also in Soundgarden.

    On another note - it'll be nice to see the official lyrics to all of their songs.
    And he still gives his love,
    he just gives it away...
  • dreamcodedreamcode Posts: 134
    Is the book published all over Europe or only in the US and the UK?
    And he still gives his love,
    he just gives it away...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 20,094
    Jbarker said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    Jbarker said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    gcp79 said:

    Looks amazing! I am surprised that Long Road and I Got Id are left off though.....

    Long road:
    D
    G
    Em
    A
    D
    And the wind keeps rolling: C

    G

    Back to D
    lol
    I didn't have a guitar in front of me lol. probably the easiest pj song to play.
    haha. It is one of the easiest by far - next to wishlist.
    After twenty years I still can't get once to sound right. To me that song is one of the hardest.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Posts: 1,932
    Does it list the alternate tunings too..like on Daughter?
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13
  • JbarkerJbarker AlbertaPosts: 528
    Who needs sheet music....

Sign In or Register to comment.