Options

Sick of the hype

2»

Comments

• Options
    comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    Why can't everyone just enjoy the shows.

I understand when people argue sports teams, they usually argue for the city they are from.

With Pearl Jam we are all on the same team.

We all like Pearl Jam.

Why put down a show that somebody really enjoyed or say that this show will not be that good.

Just enjoy.
    Well said. It's not like there's a finite amount of amazing PJ shows...just cause one rocks doesn't mean the next one is gonna suck. Just enjoy the shows you are lucky enough to attend...and if someone is really excited about a show you didn't get to see, maybe get some joy by living vicariously.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    5against1- wrote:
    I don't know if I am the only one but I am sick of all the hype for the MSG shows. Camden 1 and Bonnaroo were just as good. The MSG show was great but please don't call it the best PJ show ever. I can think of 2 shows I attended off the top of my head that blow it away. State College 03, and the Gorge 06 night 1.

I totally think that Camden I AND II were better. MSG was all the same songs that were played in Camden I and II except II had other rare ones.
    I am glad I was able to finally see them in MSG and I had a great time and trip with my friends to NY but I would not do it again.
    Camden two nights is good enough for me.
    MSG was built up way to much for it to really deliver.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    It's just East Coast Bias. Shake it off. I will confess, though, Randall's Island night one was f'n insane. I am so glad I worked extra hours at McDonald's back then to afford the tickets.
    For Rent
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I don't think it is about the set list....it is about the energy in the building. I've been to a lot of shows and the roar of the crowd in that building is like nothing else I've ever felt....you can feel it in your bones!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    I gotta say, MSG does tend to get over hyped, but I'm sure I would say how awesome the shows were if I was able to attend. As for fans down south sucking, that just isn't the case. I've lived in atlanta for two years, and when I tell people here that pearl jam is my favorite band and i've seen them a bunch of times, they usually think it's cool and ask questions. Even my 9th graders know who PJ are down here (I teach at a school that is a stone's throw from athens and most don't know who rem are). When I lived up north, I got a lot of "you like pearl jam? the 90's are over, dude." I'm drunk, but people should stop shit talking other shows. Honestly, sometimes pearl jam fans can be douche bags. I include myself in that statement.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    Why can't everyone just enjoy the shows.

I understand when people argue sports teams, they usually argue for the city they are from.

With Pearl Jam we are all on the same team.

We all like Pearl Jam.

Why put down a show that somebody really enjoyed or say that this show will not be that good.

Just enjoy.

I agree 100%
    ive always looked at concerts like going to a sporting event where my (our) team always wins.
    and a great show is like mariano rivera pitching the top of the 9th in the world series and sritking out three in a row, all with a nice mccready solo as the soundtrack.
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    5against1- wrote:
    I don't know if I am the only one but I am sick of all the hype for the MSG shows. Camden 1 and Bonnaroo were just as good. The MSG show was great but please don't call it the best PJ show ever. I can think of 2 shows I attended off the top of my head that blow it away. State College 03, and the Gorge 06 night 1.

i was at the gorge show...hate to break it to you but MSG had a better crowd.
    the scenery at the gorge cant be beat but no place can beat MSG for energy and i have seen them in alot of different places.
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
  • Options
    I totally think that Camden I AND II were better. MSG was all the same songs that were played in Camden I and II except II had other rare ones.
    I am glad I was able to finally see them in MSG and I had a great time and trip with my friends to NY but I would not do it again.
    Camden two nights is good enough for me.
    MSG was built up way to much for it to really deliver.

camden better than msg??? not even close
    half those people at camden looked tired or something after the first set for night 2
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    5against1- wrote:

i'll tell you what's not over hyped: your ability to complain about anything.

i guess every party needs a pooper
  • Options
    thecory wrote:
    i'll tell you what's not over hyped: your ability to complain about anything.

i guess every party needs a pooper

LOL
  • Options
    so this isn't weird?

ahuh

y is hulk hogan rubbing his daughters butt?
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    5against1- wrote:

agreed I was kind of disappointed
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    new yorkers? really?

funny I don't hear ny'ers call it the city, so really it is everyone else :)
    I would have to say as a first time visitor to the city it is a shithole. Sorry.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    I would have to say as a first time visitor to the city it is a shithole. Sorry.

Ask people around the world "Which is better: NYC or Vermont?"

Lets see which wins.

Actually, lets see who knows where Vermont is.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    New York is the greatest fucking place in the world. I feel truly at home when I am there. Unfortunately I don't live there.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    msg ROCKS LIKE NO OTHER ...PERIOD
  • Options
    another that calls it the city

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    hmm u lived in nyc for 30 yrs yet u call manhattan nyc?

yea that is weird

brooklyn is part of nyc, just as staten island, queens, the bronx, is.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Vedderman51Vedderman51 Posts: 606
    I am glad I didn't pony up the dough to go this trip. Bonnaroo looks to be the best of the tour so far
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Ask people around the world "Which is better: NYC or Vermont?"

Lets see which wins.

Actually, lets see who knows where Vermont is.

vermont, easily.

unfortunately some pj fans are elitists, and it shows when shows are played at msg and boston. not everyone, but some. it makes the boards unbearable (actually they have been lately, i rarely post anymore).

considering what was supposedly on the setlist for night 1, the msg shows were weak. people there got robbed.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    why can't it just be that some like one thing others like another?

I personally would like matt to stop touching ed's butt

not because I think another butt is better

just because I don't like it
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    There is only one thing worse than NY PJ fans thinking their special....

Boston PJ fans thinking their special.

:)
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Gangstacro wrote:
    You almost have to be there to understand.

No, you definitely have to be there to understand.

The fucking floor was moving under my feet. I swear to God. A concrete floor.

At first, I just thought it was just in my head. Then Ed asked, "When the stage moves, can you guys feel it, too?" And I was like ... "Yeah!" It was a really, really weird feeling.

Maybe the MSG shows are overhyped. Maybe. But I've never been to a show with the atmosphere of the MSG shows in my damn life.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    a8l wrote:
    There is only one thing worse than NY PJ fans thinking their special....

Boston PJ fans thinking their special.

:)

And the only thing worse than both of these things is when people don't use there/their/they're correctly. LOL.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Every PJ show I have seen ahas been great but the MSG shows are usually at the bottom of the list. The sound there isn't that great, compared to PNC and Susquahanna Bank Center. I guess I'm just biased because i prefer to see them at smaller venues instead of big arenas.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I don't think many of the fans around the globe would travel to Mansfield, MA., Camden, NJ to see Pearl Jam. They were at the Garden in droves!

I have seen 7 PJ shows in NYC, all of them were magnificent.

Pearl Jam must love playing there and that is all I care about!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~