Options

MSG to SEA re: "Personal Attacks & Gossip" (Dave Abbruzzese New Rolling Stone Article Thread)

2»

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Who is Dave A?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    my2hands said:

Who is Dave A?

• Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    RP112579 said:

Sending Sea or Kat a PM probably would have been more effective. But, at least now we got the forum compared to North Korea! :rofl:

Right but a PM wouldn't gauge how other people felt-which is what the point of a "community discussion" is.
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    It has very little, if anything, to do with the mods being tired of a topic. Its about respect; respect for all members if the band past and present. People aren't adhering to that, hence why they get locked.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    reditalianreditalian Posts: 327
    edited April 2017
    on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Honestly op, I think the mods are tired of discussing Dave A, nothing more nothing less. While I am sure they all had some good times as a band We are talking about a guy who was fired 23 years ago. Time to move on. Have a great night.

The mods shouldn't decide on what threads stays or goes based on what they are "tired of".

And not being able to talk a band member from the band this fanclubs message board is created for. Please.

If that would be true. Then, what is this. North Korea?
    It's a privately owned website and we are invited guests. They set the rules. Start your own website, set the rules, and have a blast. But when you're a guest in someone else's house you follow their rules. I don't get why that's a foreign concept to some people here.
    Sorry but I pay money to join (analog) so I'm not a guest I'm a part owner (also 15 years of tickets) so I will say what I want. Only happy things can be said? that's not right!! PJ is my favorite band and honestly I don't care either way about this but if I disagree I should be able to say so.
    Post edited by reditalian on
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445

on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Honestly op, I think the mods are tired of discussing Dave A, nothing more nothing less. While I am sure they all had some good times as a band We are talking about a guy who was fired 23 years ago. Time to move on. Have a great night.

The mods shouldn't decide on what threads stays or goes based on what they are "tired of".

And not being able to talk a band member from the band this fanclubs message board is created for. Please.

It's a privately owned website and we are invited guests. They set the rules. Start your own website, set the rules, and have a blast. But when you're a guest in someone else's house you follow their rules. I don't get why that's a foreign concept to some people here.
    Sorry but I pay money to join (analog) so I'm not a guest I'm a part owner (also 15 years of tickets) so I will say what I want. Only happy things can be said? that's not right!! PJ is my favorite band and honestly I don't care either way about this but if I disagree I should be able to say so.
    You're not a part owner because you pay a fee to post here.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    JimmyV said:

Personally I think the connecting of unconnected dots and 2+2=5 logic employed in blaming the band for Dave's behavior throughout this episode is what has gotten the threads locked.

+1
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    We agreed to the 10c rules when we signed up, and we all know there's no gossiping allowed. As was already mentioned, speculation is akin to gossiping.

The fact is, none of us know exactly what went down.

That can't be said enough times, none of us know exactly what went down.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

people pay to be members of golf courses but that doesn't mean they can do whatever they want. there are rules. membership does not equal ownership.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Love it or leave it :murica:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
    Some threads were merged because of duplication and others were closed…there isn’t always time to point people in the direction of an open thread, especially when there is an open topic on the front page (I can see how that would be confusing if you aren’t here on a daily basis). Some threads were closed because of disrespectful comments/speculation, personal attacks and gossip. If people want to gossip about financial abilities, or personal demons, or call someone names, or seek salacious stories …. they can do so elsewhere. The poll that was mentioned was not a serious poll… it was closed for trolling. There have been plenty of postings from moderators about the rules. Please see the Posting Guidelines and TOS rules, and if you have further questions, please respectfully send us a private message.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.