Options

Jamily

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Pap said:

Pearl Jam saved my life... And to the Jamily, and to my family my kids, I love you guys!.. ~ Dave Krusen

Did he actually say that?
    That he did. This is one of the reasons he is not in the band anymore because of words like this.
    Dave A would never had said that.
    Ha ha. Nice!!!

Can I also say I hate when people say uncle Neil. I mean, that s what he is to the members of Pearl Jam, not to us.
    Well, if we're part of "the boys'" "jamily", then he must be our "uncle Neil", too! :lol:
    (that was painful to type)
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Pap said:

Pearl Jam saved my life... And to the Jamily, and to my family my kids, I love you guys!.. ~ Dave Krusen

That he did. This is one of the reasons he is not in the band anymore because of words like this.
    Ha ha. Nice!!!

Can I also say I hate when people say uncle Neil. I mean, that s what he is to the members of Pearl Jam, not to us.
    Well, if we're part of "the boys'" "jamily", then he must be our "uncle Neil", too! :lol:
    And don't forget "uncle bruuuuuuuce"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Pap said:

Ha ha. Nice!!!

My god that must have been painful! You might need a few beers after that.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Lighting up my fellow jamily! Our boys are now Hall of Famers. It doesn't get Eddie Vedder than that!
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options

Lighting up my fellow jamily! Our boys are now Hall of Famers. It doesn't get Eddie Vedder than that!

That is awesome however you did not use "uncle Neil" in your example. I d give you a B-.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

That is awesome however you did not use "uncle Neil" in your example. I d give you a B-.
    This is true...
    Revised:
    Lighten up my fellow jamily! Our boys are now Hall of Famers. Although Uncle Neal could not induct the boys, it does not get Eddie Vedder than that!
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    ^^^
    You spelled Neil wrong.
    B-
    :lol:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Pap said:

Ha ha. Nice!!!

I can see your point, definitely. But I have to admit to using that term a lot myself when referring to Mr. Young (only with a capital "U" in Uncle). Since I'm close enough to his age (6 years) and since I ran the main spotlight on him at a Buffalo Springfield gig in 1967 can I get away with calling him "Big Brother Neil"?

lol
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Pap said:

Ha ha. Nice!!!

I can see your point, definitely. But I have to admit to using that term a lot myself when referring to Mr. Young (only with a capital "U" in Uncle). Since I'm close enough to his age (6 years) and since I ran the main spotlight on him at a Buffalo Springfield gig in 1967 can I get away with calling him "Big Brother Neil"?

lol
    Maybe
    Or how about "Cousin Neil"?
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    To all these people, we give our most sincere and deepest thanks. Your hard work and love, and dedication, means that this award is as much for you as it is for us. You make us feel like we're one big happy Jamily! ~ Stone Gossard
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options

Pap said:

Oh yeah!.. :rock_on: Respect! :bow:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Jbarker said:

Pap said:

I figured he said it because Stone said it.
    You're right:

To all these people, we give our most sincere and deepest thanks. Your hard work and love, and dedication, means that this award is as much for you as it is for us. You make us feel like we're one big happy Jamily! ~ Stone Gossard
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    not that it matters to anyone else but i am A OK with the word jamily to describe us
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    The fun police have now decided that word play is no longer allowed :neutral: Is Faithfull not an appreciated term either?

Why so serious. If not Jamily, then what? The Pearls Or maybe Jam-Fam is better ha
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015

The fun police have now decided that word play is no longer allowed :neutral: Is Faithfull not an appreciated term either?

Why so serious. If not Jamily, then what? The Pearls Or maybe Jam-Fam is better ha

"Faithful" has always been the go to.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited April 2017

The fun police, they live inside of my head!
    (cue Rick Neilsen =) )

Not a fan of the term itself, but so not worth my getting riled over. This is a beautiful, warm and intelligent community brought together by those who embody the same.

A rose by any other.....yada yada.
  • Options

fun police? relax. we are just poking fun at some pretty bad words. lol. nobody is gonna take your "it doesn't get eddie vedder than this" t shirt from you at the next show.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    mcgruff10 said:

fun police? relax. we are just poking fun at some pretty bad words. lol. nobody is gonna take your "it doesn't get eddie vedder than this" t shirt from you at the next show.
    Im relaxed. I was poking fun at the seriousness taken with a word.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

mcgruff10 said:

Im relaxed. I was poking fun at the seriousness taken with a word.
    No seriousness here! Jamily is a goofy word, and it does give me something to laugh about when I see people use it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Sea said:
    Twaticus defined it pretty well, hahaha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    What Stone says goes. Just fuck with him. I triple dog dare ya.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    FoxyRedLa said:

What Stone says goes. Just fuck with him. I triple dog dare ya.

Look who put her sassy pants on... :wink:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Platonic man groupies?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options

• Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Chris @tempo_n_groove - where are you at?
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited April 2017
    both kat and sea are IN !!!
    it's *** official ***
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Pap said:

I received these in my mystery box. In no way does it use the term "jamily".

Please refrain from using this term and use the correct term "Faithful" and for gods sake please spell Faithful right!!!

This has been your PJ public service announcement.

Have a wonderful day.
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    :lol:

Pap said:

I received these in my mystery box. In no way does it use the term "jamily".

Please refrain from using this term and use the correct term "Faithful" and for gods sake please spell Faithful right!!!

This has been your PJ public service announcement.

Have a wonderful day.