RRHoF follow ... missed opportunity by PJ?

Maybe something is (hopefully) still to come. But I'm surprised nothing big has been announced by PJ thus far. Feels like all the hardcore fans have been waiting for a Wrigley Blu Ray, 2013-16 tour DVD, new LP info, Lost Dogs 2, etc., forever. I understand if they're not touring this year and there's nothing to say about that -- they often take time off. But there haven't been any big interviews and very little in the press in recent months, outside of the very positive HoF induction coverage. Maybe it'll come out in late April for the HBO show or perhaps there's some grand summer plan teased in the "Let's Play Two Summer 2016" pennants. But most big bands use the HoF as a trampoline and PJ hasn't done anything yet, which is interesting. Then again, they've always done it their way, on their own schedule -- which is fine -- so maybe this is the "plan." :) As long as they're happy and the music/touring continues, that's all that matters. But I am surprised they're so reluctant to release a DVD or dig into their back catalog/vault archives. This seems like the perfect time to open things up ...

Thoughts?

Comments

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,840
    The HBO broadcast is in a few weeks, so they have plenty of time for a followup announcement.
  • BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Yes. Would be nice if it came then and would make sense for international TV.
    Still waiting ... sigh. 
  • Still waiting ... sigh. 
    they've never been a band to capitalize on anything commercially, not sure why it would be a surprise they don't do it now. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,127

I don't think they need the momentum of the HOF induction to really carry any sales, us psychos make sure that they're always in demand!

It's not about sales. It's releasing something new or archival for the fans. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535

I don't think they need the momentum of the HOF induction to really carry any sales, us psychos make sure that they're always in demand!

I agree.   PJ has a pretty die hard devoted following.   They don't really need to do a lot of promotion.  All they need to do is send out an e-mail, tweet, and FB post and everyone who needs to know knows within 24 hours.. maybe 48hours for those people to tell the people who shun the internet :)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I'd love a new release of some sort but this feels a bit like following the beaten path. That's never really been their style. Not sure they needed to use the RRHOF as a trampoline to anything. I get the feeling they are content exactly where they are.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,127
    It's not about sales. It's releasing something new or archival for the fans. 

Point noted.

Counterpoint: What type of archival release  would you like to see? (regarding something new, MC is on tour w/ Soundgarden, he can't really cancel that to go back in the studio, so that's out)

Currently there’s ‘Of Potatoheads & Polaroids’ and the ‘Anthologies’ collections that were just released. Last year they commemorated the 25
    th anniversary w/ the ballpark shows and the earlier tour, and there was the big PJ20 concert & documentary 6 years ago. Then of course, there is the vault series too, so when it comes down to it this band never stops releasing archival / retrospective items.

IMO JimmyV hit the nail on the head (as usual) with the beaten path comment. There’s enough out there, PJ doesn’t really have to commemorate the HOF with any sort of releases, it seems like they have enough going on.

(it's also reasonable to think they'll do something in 4 years for PJ30........ Jesus, I can't believe it's going to be 30 years, I feel so old)