Cutest student comment

I teach grade 8 (around 14 years old) and we are doing a music project where they have to create a music band and finally create an LP cover. So I bring some LPs, show them and play one for them. The needle wasn't working well so the sound couldn't be heard so my student says '' maybe you put it on the wrong side''. :)

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,732
    LOL! Give 'em a few years- teenagers are getting into vinyl these days.

I'm just curious, does your school actually have a record player? Is it one of those all-in-one old school machines? If so, probably not the best thing for your vinyl collection!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I teach high school, and last year the science teacher showed me a students response on the final about genes; the student's answer was " it's evolution, baby!"
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • brianlux said:

I'm just curious, does your school actually have a record player? Is it one of those all-in-one old school machines? If so, probably not the best thing for your vinyl collection!

Yes, I used the old school's turntable but I only used an old Beatles's album (I keep the good copies at home). But they were fascinated by it and they loved to look at all the great art work on the examples I showed them (a few PJ of course...).
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,732

brianlux said:

Yes, I used the old school's turntable but I only used an old Beatles's album (I keep the good copies at home). But they were fascinated by it and they loved to look at all the great art work on the examples I showed them (a few PJ of course...).
    Yes, the art work! That's such a big factor in what makes vinyl LP so great.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.