Options

Transportion from Boston to Mansfield on 6/28

maksmaks Posts: 7
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Am looking to hire a limo for transportation from Boston (Back Bay area) to the 6/28 Mansfield show and back. We are 4 so far - if we can get 6 more and get a 10 person limo it'll be $44 per person round trip (tip included).

Nothing like beers and PJ on dvd for the hour ride to and from the show...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    That's a good idea. I am going to 6/30. Does anyone know how much a cab back to Boston would cost?
  • Options
    anez_98anez_98 Posts: 158
    A cab would be a lot back to boston ... you would have to arrange for the cab to get to mansfield, too, as i've never seen a cab there - especially after the show.
  • Options
    anez_98 wrote:
    A cab would be a lot back to boston ... you would have to arrange for the cab to get to mansfield, too, as i've never seen a cab there - especially after the show.

But prob. cheaper than a hotel in Mansfield right?
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    maks wrote:
    Am looking to hire a limo for transportation from Boston (Back Bay area) to the 6/28 Mansfield show and back. We are 4 so far - if we can get 6 more and get a 10 person limo it'll be $44 per person round trip (tip included).

Nothing like beers and PJ on dvd for the hour ride to and from the show...
    PM sent
  • Options
    anez_98anez_98 Posts: 158
    Pearl Jen wrote:
    But prob. cheaper than a hotel in Mansfield right?

Maybe ... i've just never heard of someone cabbing it from mansfield to boston after a show. could be done, tho, i guess. it's about 25 miles away from boston. I don't know if mansfield even has cabs.
  • Options
    anez_98 wrote:
    Maybe ... i've just never heard of someone cabbing it from mansfield to boston after a show. could be done, tho, i guess. it's about 25 miles away from boston. I don't know if mansfield even has cabs.

Called a few cab companies tonight and they said as long as it is booked in advance, it will be fine. The estimate they gave was around $85 I think. Do you think there are any hotels that are cheaper than that?
  • Options
    We are now 7 in the limo leaving from Back Bay area - could do pickups anywhere, though. If anyone else is interested let me know.
  • Options
    Group of 7 people are meeting at 6:00pm at the Boston Park Plaza. Still room for a few more.
  • Options
    jenbedderjenbedder Posts: 15
    I am driving from Mansfield to Cambridge after the show and I'd give a ride to up to 3 people. PM me if you are interested.
    it makes much more sense
    to live in the present tense
  • Options
    dEvMcguiredEvMcguire Posts: 10
    in the past to get to 8-29-00 and 8-30-2000. you get off at the Mansfield MBTA station, and there's a freakin' fleet of cabs. about $15 got us there 8 years ago (plus tip) so now I bet it's around $20-25.

we had to catch a train by 11:30 to get back to Beantown, so we left during the last song to make sure we secured a cab.

here's the Mansfield station page and you can get the schedule times there.

http://mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/stations/?stopId=112
    "Made it to the ocean, smoked a joint in a tree...,"

9/15/98, 9/16/98, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/28/08
  • Options
    dEvMcguiredEvMcguire Posts: 10
    g'luck!
    "Made it to the ocean, smoked a joint in a tree...,"

9/15/98, 9/16/98, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/28/08