Pearl Jam will get "suggestions" on what to play from RRHOF?

camel1206camel1206 Posts: 65
edited April 2017 in The Porch
Most recently, Schon revealed the songs Journey will play during the ceremony - "Lights," "Separate Ways" and "Don't Stop Believin.'" The band will perform those songs with current singer Arnel Pineda.

What's also interesting is that Schon said, via Twitter, that the band doesn't get the choose the songs it will play. Instead, the organizers of the ceremony requested those three songs.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.cleveland.com/v1/articles/20434722/journey_reveals_setlist_for_ro.amp

Well, thoughts everyone?? There is no way in goodness green earth that PJ will get told what they can/can't play.
Chicago '13
New York 1 & 2 '16
Chicago 1 & 2 '16
Temple of the Dog '16 - Los Angeles
Post edited by camel1206 on

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    camel1206 said:

Most recently, Schon revealed the songs Journey will play during the ceremony - "Lights," "Separate Ways" and "Don't Stop Believin.'" The band will perform those songs with current singer Arnel Pineda.

What's also interesting is that Schon said, via Twitter, that the band doesn't get the choose the songs it will play. Instead, the organizers of the ceremony requested those three songs.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.cleveland.com/v1/articles/20434722/journey_reveals_setlist_for_ro.amp

Well, thoughts everyone?? There is no way in goodness green earth that PJ will get told what they can/can't play.

Alive
    Jeremy
    Last Kiss

It is then!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503

camel1206 said:

Alive
    Jeremy
    Last Kiss

It is then!
    You're probably right on the first two. Last Kiss is a cover so I doubt they'd play that.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    camel1206 said:

Im fine with Alive and Jeremy. Those two songs alone converted me. The average viewer doesnt want to hear a Riot Act cut anyway so let the boys rock out on a classic. Its a TV show
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    This post is ironic, considering all of the "please play this song" posts there are on this message board before every show.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,184

camel1206 said:

Im fine with Alive and Jeremy. Those two songs alone converted me. The average viewer doesnt want to hear a Riot Act cut anyway so let the boys rock out on a classic. Its a TV show
    F that! Play a mix of hits and a deep cut. Typical PJ show.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    I don't see this going over well with the band. Just a hunch.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Posts: 1,179

camel1206 said:

F that! Play a mix of hits and a deep cut. Typical PJ show.
    I could see this:

Corduroy
    Black
    Alive
    Ledbetter

Ritfw with everyone

1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    So we know that Journey are getting 3 songs.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,509
    RNRHOF Organizers - "Pearl Jam, you guys will play Sirens, Last Kiss & Alive."

Pearl Jam - "lol. No. We will play whatever we feel like it on Friday night."

RNRHOF Organizers ..

• the hall chooses what songs? are you kidding me?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• pearldavidsonpearldavidson Posts: 1,366
    edited April 2017
    Alive & Betterman for sure. Alive is a guarantee.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson Posts: 1,366
    JimmyV said:

They probably knew about it a little while ago.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Not surprised. I'm gonna guess three of these five: Alive, Even Flow, Jeremy, Daughter, Betterman.
  • ShanKathyShanKathy Posts: 314
    Eddie will ask Stone to write the set list 10 minutes before the show.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    I think we'll see 2 of their "hits" & then one curveball.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • camel1206camel1206 Posts: 65
    demetrios said:

RNRHOF Organizers - "Pearl Jam, you guys will play Sirens, Last Kiss & Alive."

Pearl Jam - "lol. No. We will play whatever we feel like it on Friday night."

RNRHOF Organizers ..

Being 10 years old when this movie came out, still loving it to this day. Yeah, just good stuff lol
    Chicago '13
    New York 1 & 2 '16
    Chicago 1 & 2 '16
    Temple of the Dog '16 - Los Angeles
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129

JimmyV said:

They probably knew about it a little while ago.
    And I'm betting it didn't go over well when they found out about it.

That said, it really isn't unreasonable for the HOF to want/expect a band to play their hits at the the ceremony. No one is inducted based on their obscurities and deep cuts.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • brookelilybrookelily Posts: 238
    Interesting. If that's true, I find it hard to believe the RRHOF suggested to Krist and Dave they play "Aneurysm" in 2014, but I guess its possible.
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180

Interesting. If that's true, I find it hard to believe the RRHOF suggested to Krist and Dave they play "Aneurysm" in 2014, but I guess its possible.

My guess its a back and forth. Suggestion is not the same as ordered.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Remember, it will not be 13,000 PJ fans. I don't think they want 3K of us up and about while 10K sit and think wtf when they break into Dirty Frank.

So, the fact is, PJ themselves will filter in the direction of the hall anyway.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    theres no way theyre gonna play jeremy, eddie cant sing that without 18,000 people helping him. not gonna get that help on friday nite.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    Didn't Neil play fuckin up during his? They probably didn't like that very much.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    PJNB said:

Didn't Neil play fuckin up during his? They probably didn't like that very much.

And Act of Love, a song no one had heard before. So, typical Neil.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    mrpink90 said:

theres no way theyre gonna play jeremy, eddie cant sing that without 18,000 people helping him. not gonna get that help on friday nite.

Good point.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    They pick the songs and charge them for tables? Sounds like a great organization.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • camel1206 said:

Journey does not equal Pearl Jam.

I just can't see PJ playing only songs from their debut album era. I predict two or three songs from the vintage known stuff and one a little newer. Like:

Corduroy
    WWS or Grievance or Given to Fly
    Better Man (been on classic rock stations for about 20 years)
    Alive
    finale jam: Rockin' OR People Have the Power (although that was the finale jam ten years ago when REM & Van Halen were inducted, so I'm not sure they would repeat it. Pretty cool to have Sammy Hagar and Eddie singing together on the same song.

Yes, Neil Young played Fuckin' Up back in the day.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    ComeToTX said:

They pick the songs and charge them for tables? Sounds like a great organization.

This is a fundraiser at the end of the day.