Poll--The Weakest Link: Yield Round 3

Comments

• FlameryFlamery Posts: 258
    Do The Evolution
    Brain of J. is one of the best openers on any PJ album imo
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,845
    Faithfull
    No need for strategic voting since it's pretty clear which 3 are heading out, though I'm baffled by the votes for Brain of J.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam Posts: 1,102
    All Those Yesterdays
    Never been a huge fan of this song.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 740
    Faithfull

No need for strategic voting since it's pretty clear which 3 are heading out, though I'm baffled by the votes for Brain of J.

Same. Faithful is good, just not at the level of these others for me. All Those Yesterdays would probably be next on the block, but that's where it gets very tough. I love that song. Such a strong Beatles vibe to it. That one and Low Light are so representative of what Yield really is to me. It marks the time when they really started to become the band they were going to be for the decades to come.

But this album wouldn't feel quite like Pearl Jam to me without Brain of J.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,778
    Low Light
    Man, this is difficult.
  • All Those Yesterdays
    Prediction: In Hiding loses to Given to Fly in the championship round. Does anyone doubt this outcome?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,622
    Low Light
    As has been stated already, really surprised to see BoJ with 2x the votes of DTE. I honestly love them both and thought for sure people would be voting it out just because they're sick of hearing it live, much like Even Flow got bounced too early. Glad to see it hanging tough though because it's the last heavy rocker on the album and a good song with better lyrics than BoJ.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,253
    All Those Yesterdays
    Brain of J. Damn. Another one of my all time favorites. Thought it would have a better chance. I guess the PJ I love isn't quite the same as the majority
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,136
    All Those Yesterdays
    cutz said:

Man, this is difficult.

I know Jim..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PapPap Posts: 28,803
    Do The Evolution
    Consistency.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Posts: 278
    Brain Of J.
    At this point, I am so close to Yield personally, I am simply voting for the song that I don't feel as deeply attached to vs. the others. I don't know any other way to rectify a vote. This is so difficult but I love it so.
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 740
    Faithfull

Prediction: In Hiding loses to Given to Fly in the championship round. Does anyone doubt this outcome?

Nope.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    All Those Yesterdays

Both songs are stellar, hopefully it ends in a tie.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    All Those Yesterdays
    mcgruff10 said:

Sweet..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Do The Evolution

I'm all in on In Hiding, but if it loses to GTF... it would be noting to be ashamed about.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    Low Light

I'm all in on In Hiding, but if it loses to GTF... it would be noting to be ashamed about.
    Aside from the argument that "Release" upset either "Black" or "Alive," I think the "biggest" songs on each album have been winning these polls - it's tough to argue against "RVM," "Corduroy," and "Present Tense." For this reason, a "Given to Fly" victory would be in line with what's been happening here.
    With the above said, the outcomes for the next five records should be VERY interesting. I honestly have no idea what you all will be selecting.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,184
    In Hiding
    For the record I HATE THIS POLL!!!!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Low Light

I've hated all of them. It's like someone handing you a plate of bacon and asking which piece you'd throw away first.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Brain Of J.

I've hated all of them. It's like someone handing you a plate of bacon and asking which piece you'd throw away first.
    That made me laugh.. :lol:
  • Do The Evolution
    rummy said:

Aside from the argument that "Release" upset either "Black" or "Alive," I think the "biggest" songs on each album have been winning these polls - it's tough to argue against "RVM," "Corduroy," and "Present Tense." For this reason, a "Given to Fly" victory would be in line with what's been happening here.
    With the above said, the outcomes for the next five records should be VERY interesting. I honestly have no idea what you all will be selecting.
    Valid.

Think of Avocado. I'm going to have to get back into that album and refresh myself with it.

Army Reserve from what I can recall, but Unemployable prompted my user name around here.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Faithfull
    all those yesterdays and brain of j gets tee most votew to kicked out???
    im calling 911..u fuckers needs to get arrested!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Do The Evolution

rummy said:

Valid.

Think of Avocado. I'm going to have to get back into that album and refresh myself with it.

Army Reserve from what I can recall, but Unemployable prompted my user name around here.
    Inside Job

(I'll stop now... I know I'm getting ahead of myself)
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Do The Evolution

Says the guy who voted for Faithfull.....
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    All Those Yesterdays

Can't imagine what you say if NAIS don't win on Binaural contest..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited April 2017
    Low Light

rummy said:

Valid.

Inside Job

(I'll stop now... I know I'm getting ahead of myself)
    Severed Hand.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Low Light

Same as last round.

Yup, me too.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    All Those Yesterdays

Dude you voted for faithful!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    edited April 2017
    All Those Yesterdays
    mcgruff10 said:

What happens if there is a tie? is there any rule? should we make one now?
    What about counting the votes the songs got on each round, the one with less votes obviously wins...
    Post edited by pearljam1809 on
    edited April 2017
    Low Light

mcgruff10 said:

What happens if there is a tie? is there any rule? should we make one now?
    What about counting the votes the songs got on each round, the one with less votes obviously wins...
    We just wait....and wait......and wait some more, if necessary, until someone out there breaks the tie.
This discussion has been closed.