• Options
    Oh lord wontcha buy me a ....

Orchard!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    Hobbes said:

Tubular?

Righteous?

Tubular! Now there's one I haven't heard in eons! Sterling, Hobbes!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    I occasionally use the word "neat" but only when describing something cool to a child.
    I say "neat" to my kids all the time! LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I occasionally use the word "neat" but only when describing something cool to a child.
    brianlux said:

Grammar and spelling- a life long challenge for this Dork! It's the main reason I'm on revision 7 of my book. Egads! (Did I spell that correctly?)

Yes, Pocier, neato too!

Tree, I didn't pick up on "sweet" until the nephews came along- now I use it often. Sweet!

"Rad" never quite stuck, though I like it when millennials use it.

"Awesome", unfortunately did stick. Would prefer it used ONLY for things truly awesome.

"Bad" meaning "good" never quite works for me unless the person saying it is truly badass.

"Gnarly"- one of my all time favorites!

Still haven't caught on to "sick". At my age, saying "The newest Dinosaur Jr album is sick!" would be embarrassing!

Others gone but not forgotten: "cherry", and "boss".

Other terms?

buddy of mine uses "groovy" WAY. TOO. MUCH.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited April 2017

brianlux said:

Grammar and spelling- a life long challenge for this Dork! It's the main reason I'm on revision 7 of my book. Egads! (Did I spell that correctly?)

Yes, Pocier, neato too!

Tree, I didn't pick up on "sweet" until the nephews came along- now I use it often. Sweet!

"Awesome", unfortunately did stick. Would prefer it used ONLY for things truly awesome.

"Bad" meaning "good" never quite works for me unless the person saying it is truly badass.

Still haven't caught on to "sick". At my age, saying "The newest Dinosaur Jr album is sick!" would be embarrassing!

Other terms?

I almost never actually say the word "groovy" except, for some reason, occasionally when writing. There is only one person I can think of who got away with using that word and made it sound cool: Jimi Hendrix. (Mike Bloomfield got away with it once or twice too.) And since the estate won't let YouTube play most Jimi stuff, here's Beautiful People sampling Jimi on "Rilly Groovy":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RjFp4Wqqs

(But this cut is better!:)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VFKPKS8mE
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Yes, Pocier, neato too!

Other terms?

I almost never actually say the word "groovy" except, for some reason, occasionally when writing. There is only one person I can think of who got away with using that word and made it sound cool: Jimi Hendrix. (Mike Bloomfield got away with it once or twice too.) And since the estate won't let YouTube play most Jimi stuff, here's Beautiful People sampling Jimi on "Rilly Groovy":

my buddy has been saying it since we were teenagers (complete with two finger peace sign). and he still says it. he got made fun of for it then, and he does to this day. but, it's him.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Yes, Pocier, neato too!

Other terms?

my buddy has been saying it since we were teenagers (complete with two finger peace sign). and he still says it. he got made fun of for it then, and he does to this day. but, it's him.
    Hey man, that's rilly groovy!

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    has "bitchin'" been mentioned?

https://youtu.be/1v3CzvQ9e_w
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

has "bitchin'" been mentioned?

https://youtu.be/1v3CzvQ9e_w

Nope! Good one.

How about, "that's tops"?

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    Da Bomb!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I use "neat" all the time be mean "nice" or "cool" or "groovy" etc.
    Tight, badical, ( variation of radical.. lol, 80's..) hot,