Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: No Code, Round 3

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited March 2017 in The Porch
Moving on to Round 3.
I'm Open, Mankind and Lukin have been eliminated in Round 1.
Habit, Around The Bend eliminated in Round 2.

Again, you are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" from the remaining list after a couple days I remove another three (3) songs with the most votes.
All songs eliminated MUST have a least 10 votes to qualify for dismissal.

We will then move on to Round 4.

The poll will close on Monday (3/27) at 2:45pm cst.

Poll--The Weakest Link: No Code, Round 3 123 votes

Sometimes
25%
ledveddermanigotid88Force Of Naturepjpitt89mfc2006Namihrd2imgnRoeghmannCaught-A-Bolt-Of-LightningKearn5ygiventofly69gado15rylanjeff2040pearldavidsonleekstokieMicheyb21joseph33whoanelly15Pearl34Jam 31 votes
Hail, Hail
4%
dannyAbe FromanKP278376BLACK35northerndragonShyner 6 votes
Who You Are
21%
releaseNYgoitalonevitodacatmookieblalockcutzShaqdaddyPeasant TentsBIGDaddyWilComeToTXdimitrispearljamJimmyVFlying MXZmace1229Kev - Coat and KeysGern Blanstenhm210980cmaliszePaptylermoorejk21 26 votes
In My Tree
0%
jstu39 1 vote
Smile
16%
mcgruff102-feign-reluctancebootlegger10Noloadgoldrushdot30ed243421MRMACPHISTO75aurelgugusrummyshetellsherselfGarasaurasSaravaFlamerypearljam1809rgambs23scidooCathy14nutMichaelM722 20 votes
Off He Goes
12%
my_waveNewJPagerockpantsspnoone104 years and countingon2legsPurex37RoelandtbergsHesCalledDyerRP112579Thirty Bills UnpaidSandy66joe159TheCrazyNinja23 15 votes
Red Mosquito
16%
CantKeepmedowncincybearcatBEnglish017tunodamaiPA Jammerchinese_njarkkonieminenMedozKVitalogensiamayerdderbydavebuck502000wall232jmf5631PJ_SoulWeston1283chadaw76EchoesOnMarsRideTheWave93whypitythedead 20 votes
Present Tense
3%
jdopjjoberschlakeBSullyseanwon 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Red Mosquito
    Three songs will be up for elimination this round.
  • Options
    Sometimes
    Something is wrong if Sometimes moves on to the next round.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    Smile

Well, I gotta admit I rank it at #5 on the album (ahead of remaining songs Who You Are, Red Mosquito, and Smile).

It's a great tune and all a matter of personally taste, I suppose. In the end, it's all (wonderful) Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    Present Tense will always be my favourite on this album. Any of those songs left could be my second favourite depending on what mood I am in. This is going to be impossible to pick.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Smile

It's off to a very bad start as four of the first votes are for (against) it.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Sometimes
    it isn't weak, but it is the weakest.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    Who You Are
    Now, its getting tougher. Was debating between 2 songs this round.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Sometimes
    Same pick last round.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Smile
    Sorry Smile. Not a bad song but a tad overrated.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    Sometimes
    I personally think Red Mosquito is in the top 2 for this album.
  • Options
    Smile
    Well, it's official: Sometimes has already qualified for elimination.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Smile
    Take note: As of 6:03 6:26 EST my top three on this album have yet to receive a vote.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    Red Mosquito
    My fave album so it is so so difficult! I went with Red Mosquito. I keep missing the previous rounds as well which isn't helping haha! I'm Open is maybe my top song, but musically speaking it's probably not top of the album. Personally it's In my tree or Present Tense, so they'd be deserving winners, happy they're still in :)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Sometimes
    Fuck. This is tough.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Sometimes
    mfc2006 said:

Fuck. This is tough.

Smile needs more votes. :smile:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Sometimes
    Tough choice...went with Sometimes over Smile.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Smile
    This was tough....I d take any of these songs at a show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    Who You Are
    sorry
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Smile
    From now on, every vote will be tough, well except for Smile, I never really got it
  • Options
    Smile

From now on, every vote will be tough, well except for Smile, I never really got it

It's the harmonica, isn't it?
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Sometimes
    Smile is a joy! Never got it at a show, but I feel like it would make for a great sing along. It does in my car anyways. Sometimes is so much better live that over time, it has weakened the studio version for me.

If it were up to me, we could just skip to In My Tree vs Present Tense right now.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Smile
    Sorry Smile.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Smile

Smile is a joy! Never got it at a show, but I feel like it would make for a great sing along. It does in my car anyways. Sometimes is so much better live that over time, it has weakened the studio version for me.

If it were up to me, we could just skip to In My Tree vs Present Tense right now.

That's a good/deserved final. Hail Hail might still be my favourite but those two really define No Code, don't they?
  • Options
    Sometimes
    I love Hail Hail too. Won't be mad at all if it wins (and it would fit with my "winners setlist" theory - Release, RVM, Corduroy, Hail Hail is a hot start).

But IMT and PT just have so many layers. And you're right, that makes them quintessential No Code tracks. They each kind of give you the full experience.
  • Options
    Sometimes
    ^^^
    IMT is a timeless classic.
    To place a vote for this song a person must have done some serious soul searching.
  • Options
    Sometimes
    Also, if I'm projecting the rest of the polls, the winners setlist will look like this when we're all said and done.

Release
    RVM
    Corduroy
    Present Tense
    GTF
    Thin Air
    Save You
    Sad
    Severed Hand
    Unthought Known
    MYM

Side note: If anyone needs an idea for a birthday present for me, go ahead and book my favorite band to play that set in my backyard.

Other side note: I just realized have no freaking idea what song will win Binaural! Might be a blind spot for me. And I thought Vitalogy was hard!
  • Options
    Smile
    rummy said:

It's the harmonica, isn't it?
    haha, maybe, but only on this song, because I absolutely love Footsteps
  • Options
    Smile

Also, if I'm projecting the rest of the polls, the winners setlist will look like this when we're all said and done.

Release
    RVM
    Corduroy
    Present Tense
    GTF
    Thin Air
    Save You
    Sad
    Severed Hand
    Unthought Known
    MYM

Side note: If anyone needs an idea for a birthday present for me, go ahead and book my favorite band to play that set in my backyard.

Other side note: I just realized have no freaking idea what song will win Binaural! Might be a blind spot for me. And I thought Vitalogy was hard!

No one can seriously compare vitalogy to binaural.
  • Options
    Sometimes
    mcgruff10 said:

I just realized have no freaking idea what song will win Binaural! Might be a blind spot for me. And I thought Vitalogy was hard!

:lol:
    No
  • Options
    Smile

mcgruff10 said:

I just realized have no freaking idea what song will win Binaural! Might be a blind spot for me. And I thought Vitalogy was hard!

:lol:
    No
    You know it bud!
This discussion has been closed.