Options

PJ/EV address HOF/drummers

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301

on2legs said:

^I think it's fake. I doubt he spells his own name wrong.

on2legs said:

Lol. Great catch!

Save the "fake news!!!" for Trump.

Hello, Edie Vetter here...
    That still doesn't make it a "great catch" as in fake, as you described it.

FreeAssRecords is Dave A's channel, is it not?
    Yeah, that's him. He has some cool pj vids on it
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options

Who is that guy who brings Dave A up in the comments of every PJ video on you tube? Geezus.

Dave A? ;)
    Could be...
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited April 2017
    NewJPage said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Lol. Great catch!

Fans in the Facebook group rather scream "FAKE NEWS" than accept that's his account/channel.

Trump's really gotten into the worlds head. Even the Pearl Jam circle. Scary stuff.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922

NewJPage said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Lol. Great catch!

Fans in the Facebook group rather scream "FAKE NEWS" than accept that's his account/channel.

Trump's really gotten into the worlds head. Even the Pearl Jam circle. Scary stuff.
    The Facebook group has been particularly irrational on this topic I feel.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Everyone has been irrational on this topic. Jesus freakin crimeny.

LET.

IT.

GO.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    edited April 2017

Disagree. I think there have been plenty of rational takes on this topic.

Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
    I love Daves drumming but if that letter was really written by him it's obvious why he was booted. "Slap in the face" to be grouped with Krusan and Chamberlain? He should be thankful they left and he was given the opportunity to join the band. No grace or humbleness that the other band members have. A clear contrast.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184

Who is that guy who brings Dave A up in the comments of every PJ video on you tube? Geezus.

Dave A? ;)
    I think it's him. :lol: I responded "Dave is that you?" to one of them and got no response for once.

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

I love Daves drumming but if that letter was really written by him it's obvious why he was booted. "Slap in the face" to be grouped with Krusan and Chamberlain? He should be thankful they left and he was given the opportunity to join the band. No grace or humbleness that the other band members have. A clear contrast.

Spot on.

Krusen & Jack Irons seem to be humble gracious guys, this isn't rocket science here folks.

Something else I found very telling: Jeff thought to include Chad Channing's name on his t-shirt that night, but not Dave A's. What more do you need to know?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

LET.

IT.

GO.

I just posted a comment from, what by all metrics is, Dave A on the subject. I thought that was worthy of posting here on the message board (and in the facebook group). It has nothing to do with me not öetting something go. I just saw a comment from - what has been known to be Dave A's channel - and posted it.

So don't call me irrational. :)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

Lol. Great catch!

How many times have you misspelled your name?

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

Spot on.

Krusen & Jack Irons seem to be humble gracious guys, this isn't rocket science here folks.

Something else I found very telling: Jeff thought to include Chad Channing's name on his t-shirt that night, but not Dave A's. What more do you need to know?
    What more? That opens up the discussion even more :) Is it all Jeff and not Ed?!?! :)
  • Options

Spot on.

Agreed. And that rant makes no sense if it is him even beyond misspelling his own name... he bemoans that he was never formally invited and then goes on to say that he wouldn't have gone if he was invited!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

Spot on.

What more? That opens up the discussion even more :) Is it all Jeff and not Ed?!?! :)
    on2legs said:

Spot on.

Agreed. And that rant makes no sense if it is him even beyond misspelling his own name... he bemoans that he was never formally invited and then goes on to say that he wouldn't have gone if he was invited!
    It's so beyond ridiculous at this point.

Move the f on with your lives people.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    on2legs said:

Spot on.

In what way would "not making sense" not point to it being Dave A? :)

(I get the thing about wanting a personal invitation. But I also think he wouldn't have gone even if everyone called him and begged for him to come. He rather be angry afterwards and keep the fire going so to speak)
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014

My first thought too. But then I thought for a second and sort of agree. If it is him, I dont think it was meant as a put-down on their drumming ability, but more on time and sacrifices spent with and for the band. Especially Chamberlin. Chamberlin more than likely had zero impact on the sound and success, whereas Dave at least contributed to a few albums and some specific songs. I could see being annoyed that you are placed on the same level in terms of impact as a guy who drummed a few gigs between albums, when you where the drummer during the biggest part of their career and recorded a record breaking album.
    I wouldnt rant publicly about it, but I understand.
    But I think the mispelling is also pretty strong that it is fake. Like someone pointed out, how often do you mispell your name? so who knows.
  • Options

on2legs said:

Spot on.

In what way would "not making sense" not point to it being Dave A? :)

(I get the thing about wanting a personal invitation. But I also think he wouldn't have gone even if everyone called him and begged for him to come. He rather be angry afterwards and keep the fire going so to speak)
    Have a great day :smiley:

• Options

He explains what he means by that. He even call them "great players". read the whole thing...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Spot on.

that thought ran through my mind as well.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Spot on.

that thought ran through my mind as well.
    Well that sort of supports Dave A's thing about not being or feeling invited?
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,924
    This thread is done. Please remember the Posting Guidelines. Thank you
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
This discussion has been closed.