Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Vitalogy, Round 1

13»

Comments

• Options
    Tremor Christ
    TC has about as much interest as Bugs in round 1. This says a lot.
    3-1
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    Pry, To

3-1

Nah. The other three are just a lot worse than Bugs. It's almost unfortunate that four songs (as opposed to the usual three) are going out this round so we could witness the epic slaughter of Bugs in round #2.

• Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited March 2017

3-1

It tells me some things, but not the things you're hearing.

Edit: bugs is my vote
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,784
    Stupid Mop

3-1

What it says is that most of us probably didn't see the "4 songs will be eliminated" disclaimer until after we voted. Otherwise I would have voted for Immortality.
    Note to self: read instructions before proceeding.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Stupid Mop
    Easiest vote by a mile!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Tremor Christ
    OP
    You should do this for the Lost Dogs album after all the studio ones are done.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

OP

lol, I will do my best.
  • Options
    pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    edited March 2017
    Aye Davanita

OP

That one would be really tough, those songs are gems
  • Options
    Pry, To
    MedozK said:

OP

lol, I will do my best.
    Might be too many songs for a single poll. Would have to do disc 1 and disc 2 separately, maybe? I guess songs like SoLaT, Breath, I Got Id, and Long Rd all deserve a shot, too.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,986
    Aye Davanita
    Should get interesting once the filler songs are officially out
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    Stupid Mop
    rummy said:

MedozK said:

OP

lol, I will do my best.
    Might be too many songs for a single poll. Would have to do disc 1 and disc 2 separately, maybe? I guess songs like SoLaT, Breath, I Got Id, and Long Rd all deserve a shot, too.
    OP. Do you see the monster you created here? :wink:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options

rummy said:

MedozK said:

OP

lol, I will do my best.
    OP. Do you see the monster you created here? :wink:
    lol, yea, it's all good. Just glad people enjoy the concept.
  • Options
    Stupid Mop
    Much easier than the first two albums.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    Stupid Mop
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Tremor Christ is meh.

That's actually my favorite PJ song of all time lol
    Certainly the best song on Vitalogy! But pay no attention to PJFan - knowing him, he's just saying that to bug people, lol. ;)
    Actually it's true. Tremor Christ is meh for me. I have listened to all songs on tape equally because when I first got it I listened to the full album over and over again for months (I calculate about a billion times) and TC never really stuck but I listened to it anyway.
    Aye Dav however is a neat little snippet that I don't skip when it comes on after all these years.
    Tremor Christ is pretty damn boring. That and satans bed are my two least favorite "songs" off vitalogy.
    I think Satan's Bed is fun live.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    Pry, To

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Tremor Christ is meh.

That's actually my favorite PJ song of all time lol
    Certainly the best song on Vitalogy! But pay no attention to PJFan - knowing him, he's just saying that to bug people, lol. ;)
    Actually it's true. Tremor Christ is meh for me. I have listened to all songs on tape equally because when I first got it I listened to the full album over and over again for months (I calculate about a billion times) and TC never really stuck but I listened to it anyway.
    Aye Dav however is a neat little snippet that I don't skip when it comes on after all these years.
    Tremor Christ is pretty damn boring. That and satans bed are my two least favorite "songs" off vitalogy.
    I think Satan's Bed is fun live.
    Fun live? Yes.
    Getting my vote in round 2? Also Yes.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Stupid Mop
    What about a march madness bracket for all the songs to determine the greatest?

I guess it would be much easier to just use the album winners.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Stupid Mop
    Vitalogy is one of the easier albums to find the "weakest" songs for me. No Code will be a different story...
  • Options
    Pry, To
    bbiggs said:

Vitalogy is one of the easier albums to find the "weakest" songs for me. No Code will be a different story...

Vitalogy, No Code, and Yield will all be very tough during the later rounds. For me, the first round or two will likely be simple (I'm looking at you, "I'm Open" and "Pilate!")
  • Options
    angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    BUGS
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 887
    Pry, To
    bbiggs said:

I've told myself I won't vote during the No Code voting...I just can't do it.
  • Options
    Tremor Christ

bbiggs said:

Oh you will,
    You must, you shall....
    Ha, ha
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Pry, To

bbiggs said:

Oh, come on now...Four will probably go during round #1...So you vote for I'm Open or Mankind. Those two will go along with (my guess) Around the Bend and maybe Lukin or Smile. Round 2 will see the loss of one of the songs I just mentioned plus the "at-the-time-polarizing" Who You Are and Habit. Sometimes (which I love) will have to go during round 3 as will Red Mosquito and, gasp, Off He Goes (such a beautiful tune) leaving the three greats Present Tense, Hail Hail, and In My Tree to duke it out in the final.

Easy.

(Sorry, I've been boozing it up this afternoon...So much extra sunlight this evening!!!!)
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Stupid Mop
    Whoever voted for Last Exit should lose their vote and may God have mercy on their soul.
  • Options
    Stupid Mop

Whoever voted for Last Exit should lose their vote and may God have mercy on their soul.

I agree and feel the same about the person who voted for Tremor Christ.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Pry, To

In their defense, I think they misread the instructions and voted for it by mistake (at least one of them did).

I can appreciate that Last Exit or Tremor Christ might not be one's favourite song on Vitalogy but I can't see how either of them could rank lower​ than ALL FOUR of Stupid Mop, Aye D, Pry To, and Bugs.
  • Options
    Pry, To
    Really looking forwards to round #2. Very curious to see what three (?) songs will get chopped.
  • Options
    Stupid Mop
    rummy said:

In their defense, I think they misread the instructions and voted for it by mistake (at least one of them did).

I can appreciate that Last Exit or Tremor Christ might not be one's favourite song on Vitalogy but I can't see how either of them could rank lower​ than ALL FOUR of Stupid Mop, Aye D, Pry To, and Bugs.
    Bugs is a wicked song, unfortunately I think it takes a hit because it's not "traditional" and a lot of people get hung up on that instead of seeing it for what it is.

• Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 559
    How a bout a 24 hour, "limited edition" vote for Merkin Ball.
  • Options
    I think we can now move on with Aye Davanita, Stupid Mop, Pry To, and Bugs eliminated in the first round.
This discussion has been closed.