Options

Problem with Newark tickets

gate92gate92 Posts: 1
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got a call from NJPAC (venue for the Newark show) today and they told me that even though they confirmed 4 tickets for me on the phone, they actually only had 2 available. They apologized for the mistake, but said there was nothing they could do for me. Fortunately, I now only need 2, but I thought I would warn folks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ha funny me too. I really didnt know how to handle the situation either bec Im not sure if Im getting screwed or if it was an honest mistake. I dont want to be greedy bec I still have two seats (and most dont have any) but since I wasnt able to get any for NYC I was going to trade Newark for NYC. Anywho, I took the high road and said fine without causing too much of a stink. I really just hope there was no monkey business since tickets are selling for so much online.
    Any extra NYC tickets out there please consider me.
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    We had a few conversations with the people at the theater before the tickets went on sale. It appeared as though they were hit with the concert at the last minute & a little confused by it. They informed us that only 8 sets of tickets went to their members, that's all that was allowed by management. I don't think they had any idea of the storm that was coming when the tickets went on sale. They are used to less popular "in demand" artists that don't sell out in 1 minute or less. So I think it probably was an honest mistake. The people we spoke to were very nice & helpful. Have a good time at the concert!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)