How would the Vs. tour have played out if it continued in 1994?

evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
edited February 2017 in The Porch
Listening to some of the 93 and 94 shows the band was on fire and playing with everything they had. The Vs. tour was cut short in mid April with Kurt's death and other factors, but it has been known that the tour would have continued into the summer atleast.

With the band's intensity, Kurt's death, the tension between Ed and Dave a, fame and the ticketmaster issue growing, do you think the band would have continued on, taken a long break, broken up or some other option if they kept on going into the spring and summer of 1994?

I realize this is a hypothetical, so I am aware of that. Just trying to add some space to the board with a new topic and spark some debate.
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
-Christopher Walken

you're=you are
your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
-Stephen Colbert
Post edited by evenflow82 on

Comments

• the Vs tour was cut short? like gigs were cancelled, or they just decided not to book more?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    I remember being very disappointed when they announced that the Summer Leg was off.
    it would've been an interesting tension if they would've kept going.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    Isn't this why the Yield Tour was so epic? The '94 tour fell apart, the '95 tour fell apart, the '96 tour was really small, so '98 was really the first full/proper tour they had done since maybe the Ten tour?
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited February 2017
    Not sure about the yield tour comment. I think the band was just tired of being righteous and wanted to play some shows again.

There was a summer leg to the vs tour. I think a valid point is whether the band would have gone from the vs tour into the Vitalogy tour. There is only about a year between vs and vitalogy's release date and the band was writing, touring and recording at the same time in 93 and 94. Those were the days!!!

If things kept on as they were in 94, I can't see the band lasting long into 1995. Just my opinion though. Mike was a mess, Eddie was fame ravaged, stone and Jeff were simply playing and Dave was in a tough spot with his role in the band. Not a good foundation for their future.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    As stated/implied in previous post, the "break" saved they band.

I put the word "break" in quotations as it really wasn't that long between the end of the 1994 tour and the start of the 1995 one (less than a year) - and they released an album in between. I'd bet many bands would need even more time off...these guys were troopers which indeed (deservedly) adds to their legacy.
  • Hard to say what things would've been like if Kurt hadn't suicided. The tension in the band with Ed & Dave might've cut it it short anyway.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • joseph33joseph33 Posts: 1,247
    If they finished the tour,Dave A. would still have been fired and Jack Irons hired in September. No Code more than likely would have been released early 97. Yield,maybe 99 or 2000. Thats if they took a break. Would make a great Quantum Leap episode,lol.