Options

Pearl Jam – "Again Today" . Brandi Carlile cover song from 'Cover Stories'

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918
    @ Brandi Carlile

Kris is the great American poet. He's one of my favorite men sent here to teach us the beauty of language and to understand the struggle for freedom as human beings while abiding by the laws of dignity and peace. There aren't words to describe his bravery and his commitment to justice and mercy, and his version of "Turpentine" on Cover Stories puts chills up my spine. xobc To pre-order #CoverStories, visit buff.ly/2mWv2IO

• Options
    MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Under a month ...

And still taking pre-orders for Test Presses.
    Yep. If they had called this a special colored variant, cool. But continuing to take pre orders, on a test pressing vinyl?
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    demetrios said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Under a month ...

Yep. If they had called this a special colored variant, cool. But continuing to take pre orders, on a test pressing vinyl?
    Possibly not so many orders coming through for them as this thread is assuming?
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    DW139059 said:

demetrios said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Under a month ...

I don't think we're assuming anything, just saying that it's not really a test pressing when you take pre-orders for them and print based on the order you get. i.e., they don't need more than a few test pressings, so pre-ordering them kind of defeats the purpose.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Kinda defeats the purpose of a "test press" when you print an infinite amount.
    Regardless, looking forward to this release. I love Brandi's music!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    scurtis said:

DW139059 said:

demetrios said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Under a month ...

I don't think we're assuming anything, just saying that it's not really a test pressing when you take pre-orders for them and print based on the order you get. i.e., they don't need more than a few test pressings, so pre-ordering them kind of defeats the purpose.
    Well, they could be printing to fill all orders they get... or, they have (or will have) a finite number of test pressings, say 10 for arguing purposes, and merely haven't filled up to 10 orders yet @ 200 bucks a pop... was the small point I was trying to throw out there. :glasses:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited March 2017
    Yea, to me you purchase a test pressing for the rarity of the item (usually like 5). Some can be really rare with differing masterings, but in this case. I see it as a pressing with blank labels and no nice cover or inserts.

I would much rather buy the signed $75 version.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Yea, to me you purchase a test pressing for the rarity of the item (usually like 5). Some can be really rare with differing masterings, but in this case. I see it as a pressing with blank labels and no nice cover or inserts.

I would much rather buy the signed $75 version.

Being that a month has passed & there's no limit on buying test pressing @ this online store, I wouldn't mind buying it @ $75. I wonder when they will stop taking orders. Test pressing orders.
  • Options
    Bump! :)
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    It sounds bad any way u say it because its for charity but these "test presses" are usually billed as "official band bootlegs" where im from. I have a few from some famous bands. Like someone said --same official pressing you can buy on amazon just no art. Big difference from a test press. False advertising unless they've only sold like five of these. Again hate to sound like a prick but it is what it is.
  • Options
    @ Brandi Carlile

Seth and Scott Avett are really important people to me and have made a massive impact on who I am as a songwriter and an activist. The song "Murder in the City" in particular says a lot about who they are as people and the bond that human beings can share when they look beyond the things that aim to separate us in this world...to a brighter one where we all share one name in love. The Avett Brothers are one of the best live bands the road has ever seen - it's a stunning honor to hear them sing "Have You Ever" for Cover Stories. xobc Pre-order on iTunes: http://buff.ly/2nN2NwH

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Love, love, love the Avett Brothers! :plus_one: And yes Brandi, great music act! :star:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    @ Looking Out Foundation

Bid now for your chance to attend the VIP COVER STORIES ALBUM PLAYBACK PARTY at the iconic Carlile Room in Seattle with special guest DJ Brandi Carlile on April 13th at 4pm!

Be the first to hear the widely anticipated Cover Stories album in it's entirety before the release date on May 5th! Don't miss this incredible opportunity to hear legends and rising stars unique interpretations of Brandi Carlile's classic record The Story, played exclusively for you by the woman herself behind the DJ booth. Please join us for this special celebration. 100% of the winning bid goes directly to the Looking Out Foundation's Story Campaign benefiting War Child UK.

Cover Stories - Brandi Carlile celebrates 10 years of The Story - An Album to Benefit War Child UK.

14 songs. 14 artists. 1 Cause. A new interpretation of Brandi Carlile's The Story album. Featuring Dolly Parton, Adele, Pearl Jam, Kris Kristofferson, The Avett Brothers, Margo Price, Jim James, and more.

Click the link below NOW to place your bid! ... http://www.ebay.com/sch/again_today/m.html
  • Options
    @ Brandi Carlile

Hey!
    Exactly one month from today, Cover Stories will be out there for the world to hear! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who's pre-ordered the album - you're directly impacting War Child UK's amazing work to help kids impacted by war. But we need to keep the momentum going! Tell your friends, talk about it over dinner (or a Jameson), buy one for your favorite person! Let's see how much we can raise in a month! Need a little convincing? Just listen to this track from one of my heroes!

We'll preview another track for you tomorrow - but which artist will it be?!...

xobc

Pre-order Cover Stories here:
    Official merch store: https://brandicarlile.merchtable.com/
    itunes: http://smarturl.it/Brandi_CoverStories
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    edited April 2017
    Sounds like when Pearl Jam does a song way to fast live. Everything just rushes by. Did someone in the band really need to go to the bathroom? Should have done it slower/more emotional.

Getting State of Love and Trust in Milan 2006 flashbacks.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    @Brandi Carlile

I can't wait for you guys to hear this!
    This is Pearl Jam's incredible cover of "Again Today".
    This band is nothing short of sacred to me and the twins.
    These guys are all incredible activists and total heroes of ours.
    When Mike called me up on the phone and said that they were gonna do it in the style of the Ramones and Ed wanted me to sing the harmony the world stood still.
    I LOVE THIS!
    xobc

#CoverStories
    #rockandrollhalloffame
    #TheStoryCampaign

https://www.coverstoriesalbum.com/
    https://brandicarlile.merchtable.com/
    http://smarturl.it/Brandi_CoverStories
  • Options
    In the beginning of the song I wanna sing "Lets stop on the westcoast line..."
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetrios said:

@Brandi Carlile

I can't wait for you guys to hear this!
    This is Pearl Jam's incredible cover of "Again Today".
    This band is nothing short of sacred to me and the twins.
    These guys are all incredible activists and total heroes of ours.
    When Mike called me up on the phone and said that they were gonna do it in the style of the Ramones and Ed wanted me to sing the harmony the world stood still.
    I LOVE THIS!
    xobc

#CoverStories
    #rockandrollhalloffame
    #TheStoryCampaign

https://www.coverstoriesalbum.com/
    https://brandicarlile.merchtable.com/
    http://smarturl.it/Brandi_CoverStories

Should have done it in the style of 60s Neil Young or Broken Arrow-Neil Young.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050

In the beginning of the song I wanna sing "Lets stop on the westcoast line..."

ha I thought that or WWS for a millisecond
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Lol. Yeah i hear WWS. Not bad. New Pj of any kind is a good day
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050

Lol. Yeah i hear WWS. Not bad. New Pj of any kind is a good day

new PJ is a blessing and i dont care if its them playing on sesame street, I'd take it!
    plus, its a studio recording so that means they hopefully threw down another 15 songs or so while there ;)