Options

thanks to the camden puker

beckycitybeckycity Posts: 14
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
i hate you, but i love the fact that i couldn't sit in my row (no one could) so thanks to the kindness of the ushers that night i ended up closer to the stage!

cheers to you, you drunk puking bastid!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    where exactly was this cad located ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    WilliedogWilliedog Posts: 43
    was that in Row A like around seat 13-14, center stage. If it was the same puke I was right behind you and they eventually cleaned it up right before pearl jam came on....but it smelled the whole fucking night.
  • Options
    yeah, it was the middle of row A. i arrived post clean up, but man it reeked! that dude was lucky i was not there for the actual puking cause i would have killed him! we were seated in seats 1/2 so the usher let us stand across the aisle closer to the stage since many people didn't want to enter the row.

the funniest part of the whole thing is that right before we went in my sister (knowing i am puke-phobic) said to me 'i'm surprised this scene doesn't freak you out.. aren't you afraid someone might puke on you??!' i said 'nah, not here.. the fan club people are so into the shows that they don't get sooooo sooo drunk that they are puking'

boy was i wrong!
    ha. fuckin camden puker.
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    haha thats awesome.

The crowd was awesome for Camden II
  • Options
    GlttrGrrlGlttrGrrl Posts: 129
    I find it hilarious that you say it stunk the whole night and you "couldn't" stand in your seats....because people who were further down the row or in rows behind you were more than happy to stand in the area once it had been cleaned up. But *you* were somehow too prissy to stand there...because you were wearing flip flops or some other wholly inappropriate concert footwear. I think you're just a bunch of wimps who had no problem blocking people in rows C and B just so you could get a better view.

Do you know how much fecal matter, vomit and disgusting things like pesticides get on your shoes every day?

cheers
  • Options
    UNH1995UNH1995 Worcester Posts: 356
    Sounds like you made the best out of a stinky situation.
    There can be humor and goodness from vomit.
    Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
  • Options
    GlttrGrrl wrote:
    I find it hilarious that you say it stunk the whole night and you "couldn't" stand in your seats....because people who were further down the row or in rows behind you were more than happy to stand in the area once it had been cleaned up. But *you* were somehow too prissy to stand there...because you were wearing flip flops or some other wholly inappropriate concert footwear. I think you're just a bunch of wimps who had no problem blocking people in rows C and B just so you could get a better view.

Do you know how much fecal matter, vomit and disgusting things like pesticides get on your shoes every day?

cheers

i'm not too 'prissy' to get vomit on my sneakers, i'm just not in the mood to breathe vomit fumes for 2.5 hours. i am 5 feet tall, my sister is 4'11 and my friend chris is 5'7" so i seriously doubt we were blocking anyone's view.. unless mini-me was rockin out in row B... to those people lucky enough to jump up to the puke-row, you should be thanking the camden puker too cause we all benefitted i guess.

i'm betting the puker didn't even belong in row A, i have a feeling he snuck up during the opening band in hopes of staying there for the whole show but then puked and ran... but that's just a guess.
  • Options
    i also find it amusing that *GlttrGrl* is judging my footwear ;)
  • Options
    GlttrGrrlGlttrGrrl Posts: 129
    beckycity wrote:
    i'm not too 'prissy' to get vomit on my sneakers, i'm just not in the mood to breathe vomit fumes for 2.5 hours.

But for some reason the people in the row behind yours and in front of yours, not to mention the people who snuck into your seats, were able to breathe them just fine...that's because it didn't smell after about 30 minutes after it was cleaned up.
  • Options
    WilliedogWilliedog Posts: 43
    You have it wrong glittergrl, i was exactly behind this incident, in row B. There was a substantial amount of puke on the ground, that was there since the opening act, it was nothing anyone would want to stand in and have their footwear dissolved by gastric acid, especially if they were wearing sandals.

I saw people try to inform staff several times during Ted Leo and before Pearl Jam came on, a maintenance crew finally cleaned it up right before Pearl Jam played, however the smell of hot puke rotting in the sun all day was still there. However, once the show started it was easily forgotten about as everyone was sweaty and didn't smell great anyways.
  • Options
    GlttrGrrl is the exxpert on puke and footwear. she has taught me well. from now on i will wear wellies and a clothes pin on my nose so i will never have my show experience disrupted again!!! thanks to the Grrl who rocks the Glttr proudly.