Options

Midnight Oil Announcing new dates

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,785
    JOEJOEJOE said:

nice to see so much interest around here!

I've been anticipating this since the announcement in November that they were going to make an announcement in January at the earliest. Great band, great music, what's not to love.
    Plus I popped my concert cherry with Midnight Oil back in '88, so it's kinda like going back to my first love. :wink:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Gonna be a great tour so happy they are touring specially this yr !!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    I hope Peter still has all of his dance moves!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Did you watch him on that boat announcing the tour he's pumped even mentioned our president !!!
  • Options

JOEJOEJOE said:

Did you watch him on that boat announcing the tour he's pumped even mentioned our president !!!
    Yep....it is a great time for them to come back....they were sort-of the RATM of their time...maybe just a bit more subtle!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

Yep....it is a great time for them to come back....they were sort-of the RATM of their time...maybe just a bit more subtle!
    No doubt great comparison !!! It's gonna be great to see them again ...
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Once again, you guys are just the best of the best. Wouldn't have tried again for MD if not for you guys keeping things up to date here. Finally got through and got a ticket. So excited! Hoping they have many choice words on current events at their show closest to DC... All who are going to any shows on this tour anywhere, enjoy! And report in so we can follow the tour!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:

Once again, you guys are just the best of the best. Wouldn't have tried again for MD if not for you guys keeping things up to date here. Finally got through and got a ticket. So excited! Hoping they have many choice words on current events at their show closest to DC... All who are going to any shows on this tour anywhere, enjoy! And report in so we can follow the tour!

Here here no doubt Peter will not be quiet on our political landscape , I'm so happy they are touring!!
  • Options
    Practicing 160-170 songs !!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

This just made me so happy I have a ticket to both shows in NYC. Come on different set lists.
    Post edited by northerndragon on

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

There is enough... for everyone!
  • Options

There is enough... for everyone!
    Truer words have never been spoken !!
  • Options
    The L.A. pre-sale was a bit difficult....I ended up with a pair of balcony seats as a fall-back.....hoping to score GA Pits during regular sale.
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,004
    JOEJOEJOE said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

Oils have never been subtle especially when they stopped NYC traffic to let Exxon know what they done in Alaska
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    Looks like Midnight Oil just figured out how popular they still are. Although I have to say I am really hoping they don't move the NYC shows. I am really looking forward to seeing them at Webster Hall.

MIDNIGHT OIL WORLD TOUR SELLS OVER 200,000 TICKETS, 25 SHOWS ALREADY SOLD OUT, EXTRA SYDNEY & MELBOURNE SHOWS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON DUE TO PHENOMENAL DEMAND

Midnight Oil’s “The Great Circle 2017” world tour has struck a massive global chord with music fans. Over 200,000 tickets have been snapped up in just the first few days. All 14 North American shows have sold out plus ‘house full’ signs are already up for other venues including London’s Hammersmith Apollo and the iconic Olympia Theatre in Paris.

In breaking news, Midnight Oil and Frontier Touring are moving quickly to announce an extra Sydney and Melbourne show in November. Dates, venues, lineups and on-sale times for these two extra shows will be announced within 48 hours and will be posted immediately on www.midnightoil.com and the Midnight Oil Facebook page. 

Meanwhile fans everywhere are warned NOT to buy tickets from reseller sites. Such unofficial sites may currently be legal but they typically charge vastly inflated prices and sometimes even offer fake tickets. Midnight Oil is well aware of the problems caused by automated ticket buying around the world and the band is as frustrated as its fans are by this ticket scalping. It may be legal and impossible to stop in many places but it is clearly a big problem for both fans and artists on all ‘high demand’ shows these days.

In an attempt to frustrate these scalpers, discussions are currently underway to possibly shift some North American shows to larger rooms. Further international dates are also under consideration to allow more people around the world to be a part of this special tour. So anyone who buys tickets from a reseller over the coming weeks could well end up regretting that choice as more legitimate tickets may be released. Fans should therefore only buy tickets via the official outlets listed on www.midnightoil.com/tour-dates and keep an eye out for news of opportunities to access more tickets as they become available.
    Sign up to the band’s mailing list at www.midnightoil.com/mailing-list to receive notifications about more ticket releases over coming months.

• Options
    Bump it , I'm surprised at the surprised folks not to realize the appeal this band still holds specially over this political landscapes across the world !!!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Tickets have been sold.

Through a mix up while getting tickets to the NYC show on May 13th I ended up with 3 extras as opposed to the one I was trying for. If any of you know of someone who is still looking for tickets let me know. There are three tickets available and I am willing to sell them as a single, pair or all three. They are up for $55 ea which is what I paid including fees and shipping.
    Post edited by northerndragon on

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    sold ^

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Damn the shows here in NY are next weekend if anyone from here would like to meet up before show hit me up , I'll have some goodies for anyone interested..
    i can't wait for the shows ..
  • Options
    They just announced 4 additional U.S. shows for this summer:
    Sat 19 Aug – The Greek, Los Angeles CA
    Mon 21 Aug – Terminal 5, New York NY
    Sun 27 Aug – House of Blues, Cleveland OH
    Tue 29 Aug – First Avenue, Minneapolis MN

• Options
    Just scored two tickets to the NY show in August ..
  • Options
    Got a pair of pit tickets for the new L.A. show......face value was $120 each + fees, etc.......ouch!
  • Options
    Fantastic show last night! 2 hours, everyone on point the entire show. Finally get to cross this one off the list!
  • Options
    O.M.G.!!!  HesCalledDyer, until I read your post... wow.  I've been dealing with my father who's in intensive care in a hospital 3.5 hours away from where I live.  But I'd had the show on my radar all this time... when I read your post my heart sank, because I was pretty sure we were going ot same show.  Can't believe I missed it last night!!!

If you get a chance, please give much more detail about the show.  And did they have any shout outs or comments re: playing in DC and our political situation?  I'd love to know details, I can't believe I missed it (couldn't have gone even if I remembered, but at least I'd have known I was missing it and maybe could have given my tix away!).
  • Options
    @JH6056
    Heres the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/midnight-oil/2017/the-fillmore-silver-spring-silver-spring-md-73e7b635.html

Pretty rockin for the most part. Good mix of hits and deeper cuts. I called Truganini for the opener, they played it 3rd so I was close! One of the members of Hunters & Collectors is touring with them playing the horns. Hirst had a mini drum kit up front which he played and helped lead vocals on a few songs midset. Garrett made a few political references but all were in good spirits. The one comment he made which I thought was hilarious was talking about he wakes up every day and thinks "He did WHAT?!" And then he said he promised himself wasn't going to say the T word tonight but he couldn't resist. Then he says "In case you're wondering who I'm talking about, it's Mr. "Trumbull," Australia's prime minister." Referring to when's Trump mispronounced Turnbull.
  • Options
    @JH6056
    Heres the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/midnight-oil/2017/the-fillmore-silver-spring-silver-spring-md-73e7b635.html

Pretty rockin for the most part. Good mix of hits and deeper cuts. I called Truganini for the opener, they played it 3rd so I was close! One of the members of Hunters & Collectors is touring with them playing the horns. Hirst had a mini drum kit up front which he played and helped lead vocals on a few songs midset. Garrett made a few political references but all were in good spirits. The one comment he made which I thought was hilarious was talking about he wakes up every day and thinks "He did WHAT?!" And then he said he promised himself wasn't going to say the T word tonight but he couldn't resist. Then he says "In case you're wondering who I'm talking about, it's Mr. "Trumbull," Australia's prime minister." Referring to when's Trump mispronounced Turnbull.
    Thanks for all of that!  Still crushed but really glad to know a bit more about what I missed...  Thanks!
  • Options
    @JH6056

Does Peter still dance around like he used to in the old days?
  • Options
    I'm hoping they brake out Sometimes tonight !
  • Options
    Holy fuck they opened with Sometimes tonight the show was magical I haven't been this happy after a show in a long long time !