Options

ISO: Opened Benny Vinyl

2»

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    Yah I'm lucky. I think it must of been sold close to the end of a university term and as I remember being pretty broke. I remember thinking it was alot of money at the time. I didn't even order it the first day. I actually slept on it, and ordered it the 2nd day. I think I got in right before it sold out....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Saturday bump!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    One last bump before we head out of town!

If no one is interested in trading for an open Benny, I'll probably be selling some stuff in a week or so when I get back.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    Back up top!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mfc2006 said:

If no one is interested in trading for an open Benny, I'll probably be selling some stuff in a week or so when I get back.

I'm debating selling some of my higher end posters that are framed for a Benny. I don't need to do it that way, but I feel guilty just going out and blowing 2 grand on a record. Seems frivolous to say the least. But If I can sell a framed Reaper for 300 bucks and things like that, I might feel better about it. And God knows I have enough posters to replace the spot on teh wall. .
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

I'm debating selling some of my higher end posters that are framed for a Benny. I don't need to do it that way, but I feel guilty just going out and blowing 2 grand on a record. Seems frivolous to say the least. But If I can sell a framed Reaper for 300 bucks and things like that, I might feel better about it. And God knows I have enough posters to replace the spot on teh wall. .
    That's exactly where I'm coming from as well. Can't justify spending the $ outright, but selling a few items would do the trick.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    This should be on the first page!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    mfc2006 said:

RobbyD462 said:

I'd say around $800

cool---that's what I was thinking. $900 tops
    Thank you. I can't believe the prices some people have been suggesting lately. I saw people on facebook telling this woman who wanted to sell that she could post an opened Benny with G+ packaging for $1200 - $1500. They were telling her that is a FAIR price. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Zod said:

Attaway77 said:

This is ridiculous!!!! Just reissue this damn thing already... This is the most sought out PJ album for vinyl lovers, sad PJ fans who never got the chance to get this have to trade/sale/bargain/etc just to have this while those who do could care less and want over a thousand dollars for it... Just stupid IMO. Come on PJ, we're not getting younger in life, you hear your fans on this, REISSUE THE DAMN THING ALREADY SO THE REAL FANS CAN ENJOY IT.... Sorry Matt, didn't mean to hi jack this for my rant brother.. Just pisses me off when great fans like yourself and everybody else of this band has spoken their voice about this one vinyl we all would love to own...... cheers brother, hope you snag one, you deserve it....

The frustration is understandable, but it's not like they released it for everyone the first time around. When it came out it was a limited edition release for sale in the 10c store. It sold out in less than 48 hours, and quickly amassed legendary status. It's not like the missing studio albums, lo2l etc... where they were limited only due to how unpopular vinyl was at the time. Benaroya was a limited thing on purpose from the get go (clearly stated in the email that went out announcing it), so I tend to think it doesn't get reissued. Maybe I'm wrong, but I always get the feeling Benaroya was a one off thing.... Of course the band can always change their minds :)
    You're right on all counts.... I just don't understand why the band wouldn't want to release it. They could easily sell them for $125 or something outrageous like that and make a fortune with it. I can't imagine what is stopping them, because I feel pretty confident that it's not because they are worried people who own the original would be mad that they can no longer sell theirs for $1200 or feel like they are somehow emotionally affected from their collectible going down in value or rarity, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Attaway77 said:

This is ridiculous!!!! Just reissue this damn thing already... This is the most sought out PJ album for vinyl lovers, sad PJ fans who never got the chance to get this have to trade/sale/bargain/etc just to have this while those who do could care less and want over a thousand dollars for it... Just stupid IMO. Come on PJ, we're not getting younger in life, you hear your fans on this, REISSUE THE DAMN THING ALREADY SO THE REAL FANS CAN ENJOY IT.... Sorry Matt, didn't mean to hi jack this for my rant brother.. Just pisses me off when great fans like yourself and everybody else of this band has spoken their voice about this one vinyl we all would love to own...... cheers brother, hope you snag one, you deserve it....

The frustration is understandable, but it's not like they released it for everyone the first time around. When it came out it was a limited edition release for sale in the 10c store. It sold out in less than 48 hours, and quickly amassed legendary status. It's not like the missing studio albums, lo2l etc... where they were limited only due to how unpopular vinyl was at the time. Benaroya was a limited thing on purpose from the get go (clearly stated in the email that went out announcing it), so I tend to think it doesn't get reissued. Maybe I'm wrong, but I always get the feeling Benaroya was a one off thing.... Of course the band can always change their minds :)
    You're right on all counts.... I just don't understand why the band wouldn't want to release it. They could easily sell them for $125 or something outrageous like that and make a fortune with it. I can't imagine what is stopping them, because I feel pretty confident that it's not because they are worried people who own the original would be mad that they can no longer sell theirs for $1200 or feel like they are somehow emotionally affected from their collectible going down in value or rarity, lol.
    Just make the repress black.. at least there will still be some novelty to the original. Everyone's happy, except the flippers.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Attaway77 said:

Just make the repress black.. at least there will still be some novelty to the original. Everyone's happy, except the flippers.
    Totally (I actually hate the colour burgundy, lol. I had a traumatic experience with burgundy once. :lol: I would much prefer it to be black)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Attaway77 said:

Totally (I actually hate the colour burgundy, lol. I had a traumatic experience with burgundy once. :lol: I would much prefer it to be black)
    Then I'll trade my new black for your old ass burgundy down the road...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mfc2006 said:

RobbyD462 said:

I'd say around $800

Thank you. I can't believe the prices some people have been suggesting lately. I saw people on facebook telling this woman who wanted to sell that she could post an opened Benny with G+ packaging for $1200 - $1500. They were telling her that is a FAIR price. :lol:
    I saw that....unreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mfc2006 said:

RobbyD462 said:

I'd say around $800

I saw that....unreal.
    How do you let that thing go to G+?
  • Options
    I sent her a message because someone gave me a heads up. She never replied. That was before people started chiming in with crazy value estimates. Oh well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JP-DiddyJP-Diddy Posts: 34
    mfc2006 said:

I sent her a message because someone gave me a heads up. She never replied. That was before people started chiming in with crazy value estimates. Oh well.

I messaged her soon as she posted and never heard back from her either
  • Options
    time to start selling off some individual items.....

I think I'll go through some stuff, then post a new thread with items for sale. I'm thinking that a reasonable goal for me is $800-1000 for an open, clean copy of Benny. Would love some feedback on price, please.

Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    mfc2006 said:

I think I'll go through some stuff, then post a new thread with items for sale. I'm thinking that a reasonable goal for me is $800-1000 for an open, clean copy of Benny. Would love some feedback on price, please.

Thanks!

I think you're right in the ballpark there. Aim towards 800 of course but you are dead on.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

mfc2006 said:

Thanks!

I think you're right in the ballpark there. Aim towards 800 of course but you are dead on.
    Agree
  • Options
    ^^thanks, guys!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    just posted some items here:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/263522/selling-stuff-to-buy-a-benny-hall-round-1/p1?new=1

will probably let this thread die out. thanks to all for the bumps & insight!

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com