Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    It sounds like he has some pretty unsavory and probably illegal things tucked away in his finances and history.  He is freaking the F out
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    MayDay10 said:
    It sounds like he has some pretty unsavory and probably illegal things tucked away in his finances and history.  He is freaking the F out
    Yup. 

Colbert's search for the PTAPE last night was hilarious.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    "THE FIELD"
    The New Republic is pretty far to the left so you maybe have to take its view of the Trump admin with a grain of salt, but ... I find this scenario frighteningly plausible:

https://newrepublic.com/article/143984/were-brink-authoritarian-crisis 
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Mueller asking White House to preserve any and all documents relating to that meeting last year with little Donald...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    The New Republic is pretty far to the left so you maybe have to take its view of the Trump admin with a grain of salt, but ... I find this scenario frighteningly plausible:

there is no way the courts will allow Trump to pardon himself.  that would basically mean the President is fully above the law and could literally do anything. 
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    mfc2006 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Yup. 

anyone remember Colbert and his sister showing up in podesta emails? all those yeah whatever emails that meant nothing pre Nov 8 but since influenced the election by the hands of Russia Russia Russia?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Nothing says Guilty like talking about pardons before there's even a complete investigation, a charge or an arrest. What a sad and disgusting road we're on.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Yup. 

anyone remember Colbert and his sister showing up in podesta emails? all those yeah whatever emails that meant nothing pre Nov 8 but since influenced the election by the hands of Russia Russia Russia?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    pjhawks said:

there is no way the courts will allow Trump to pardon himself.  that would basically mean the President is fully above the law and could literally do anything. 
    is this sarcasm?
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254

<<A pardon "carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it." Burdick v. United States, 236 U.S. 79, 94 (1915). >>

It's a crying shame that we have come to this.

Please, please, call your senators. Tell them to take a stand. If they are Democrats, ask them to reach across the aisle and talk sense into their GOP colleagues. What's happening ought to transcend party politics; the future of our country as a nation ruled by laws and not one man is at issue.

I called my senators' DC offices and was sent directly to voicemail. So, here is a list of all local offices -- find one where a human is answering the phone!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/2/1629046/-Call-your-senator-Phone-numbers-for-every-office-of-every-U-S-senator

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Nothing says Guilty like talking about pardons before there's even a complete investigation, a charge or an arrest. What a sad and disgusting road we're on.

True.

Cheers, all!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Kat said:

True.

Cheers, all!

Nothing says not Guilty like a glove not fitting. 
    President Trump will not be impeached.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,166
    mfc2006 said:
    Kat said:

True.

Cheers, all!

trump will not accomplish anything legislatively. he is too toxic to the rank and file republicans. none of them will risk their seats to defend him or endorse his platform. he might as well be impeached. there would be more dignity in it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ^^^
    If he doesn't accomplish anything legislatively in his first term and I'm being serious it is because as you state the rank and file repubs and I will also add the entire Democratic party is focusing on two things only. Impeaching and not endorsing his platform.  Four years will be over in a blink of an eye and Americans will be in the same spot - President Trump with no opponent.

• Options
    ^^^
    If he doesn't accomplish anything legislatively in his first term and I'm being serious it is because as you state the rank and file repubs and I will also add the entire Democratic party is focusing on two things only. Impeaching and not endorsing his platform.  Four years will be over in a blink of an eye and Americans will be in the same spot - President Trump with no opponent.

this is delusional. he is 6 months in. his back is against the wall. his approval rating is 36%, disapproval near 60%. the trump dream is over. there are going to be indictments. why else would he be asking about his ability to pardon his staff, family, and himself? he knows what is coming down the line.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    ^^^
    His back up against a wall for this 6mos has been a cakewalk.  He has been in this position before for a year during the campaign run. During that run he came out on top with all the tips to succeed when faced these "abysmal" numbers.  

• Options
    ^^^
    His back up against a wall for this 6mos has been a cakewalk.  He has been in this position before for a year during the campaign run. During that run he came out on top with all the tips to succeed when faced these "abysmal" numbers.  

he was not in legal jeopardy during the campaign. his son in law is right now at this moment facing jail time. jared may be offered a deal to flip on trump and save himself. will he flip, or will he go to jail like his dad? kushner and trump jr and manafort are testifying next week. this is very real, and potentially very, very, bad for your boy.

mueller has the tax returns, because comey had the tax returns. why do you think trump is saying that if mueller investigates his business ties he has crossed a red line? the jig is up soon, donnyboy.

• Options
    "THE FIELD"
    mfc2006 said:
    Kat said:

True.

Cheers, all!

You seem so sure of yourself. It must be nice to be so sure.
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    Intelligence intercepts show Trump's future attorney general indeed talked about the campaign with the Russian ambassador. This is so out of bounds I don't even know where to begin. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/343245-sessions-discussed-trump-campaign-matters-with-russian-ambassador
  • Options
    W/ Spicer out of the way and comments like this from Scaramucci only enforces that this impending impeachment is not coming....

“Is it your commitment to give accurate information to the best of your ability from that podium?” a reporter asked him Friday. "I almost feel I don't have to answer that question,” he said. “You can tell from me and my body language what kind of person I am.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/anthony-scaramucci-is-the-right-answer-to-the-wrong-question/534537/

• Options
    Time will tell.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Happy Friday!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    W/ Spicer out of the way and comments like this from Scaramucci only enforces that this impending impeachment is not coming....

“Is it your commitment to give accurate information to the best of your ability from that podium?” a reporter asked him Friday. "I almost feel I don't have to answer that question,” he said. “You can tell from me and my body language what kind of person I am.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/anthony-scaramucci-is-the-right-answer-to-the-wrong-question/534537/

You see those bars your behind by the time this is over there will be a few of the deplorables from his staff behind them too and your hero will be in exile in Russia! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

You see those bars your behind by the time this is over there will be a few of the deplorables from his staff behind them too and your hero will be in exile in Russia! 

So August 4th 2017 is the date you are calling?
  • Options
    President Chump is going down.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    Why do I get the feeling this ends with the (ex)-president muttering, "I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303

Not sure where you got that date from I guess it's your release date lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Russian sanctions bill passes house and now goes to Trump
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/22/politics/congress-deal-russia-sanctions/index.html

Despite the White House lobbying for changes to the measure, the legislation will give Congress a new ability to block the administration from easing sanctions on Moscow. Democrats and some Republicans have expressed concerns that Trump is considering giving Russia back two compounds in Maryland and New York that were seized by the Obama administration in December.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,614
    Russian sanctions bill passes house and now goes to Trump
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/22/politics/congress-deal-russia-sanctions/index.html

Despite the White House lobbying for changes to the measure, the legislation will give Congress a new ability to block the administration from easing sanctions on Moscow. Democrats and some Republicans have expressed concerns that Trump is considering giving Russia back two compounds in Maryland and New York that were seized by the Obama administration in December.

Will Trump veto the bill? Putin's mind wants to know.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Not sure where you got that date from I guess it's your release date lol 

That is my release date yes, ha.
    It's not that bad being in jail really.  I still get to chat w/ you.
    Scaramucci eliminates all possibility of impeachment. This guy doesn't f around.