Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: TEN, Round 1

Comments

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Oceans

how in the motherfuck does Oceans have that many votes?? I guess none of you wackos are bass players???

It wasn't an easy vote but I thought Oceans was the one song that could of been left of the album with the least impact. Ask a non die hard fan what they think of Oceans and they would probably have no idea what song your talking about.

And I get that Jeremy was the most played and commercialized song in their catalog but I don't get all the hate. Just my opinion.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Deep
    jp307677 said:

All of them. Not a fan of any of the studio versions of these songs. The songs are terrific live, but never liked this album one bit

For what it's worth, I will be basing my decisions for these Ten polls on bootleg/live versions of the songs. I don't listen to the studio album anymore.
  • Options
    Deep
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

This was brutal!

Jeremy?

C'mon man.

(not that Deep was obvious by any means)
    It was a tough choice! I think the cheesy video had a part in my decision. Plus ed can't hit those vocals anymore.
    You're not the same person anymore since you changed your profile picture.
    lol....the same people!
    I know ya dork. I was just being a dickhead.
    Is that what happens when you hit 50? ;)
    lol

I think for most. I started being a dickhead at a really early age. Maybe 30 or so!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    DEEP.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Deep
    The way I see it, better to be a dickhead than be a complete dick.
  • Options
    Why Go
    I can´t believe Deep & Garden have the most votes.
    And for all the hate Evenflow gets, it does not translate in this poll :confused:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Deep
    There is some fact with this. For example, it is fact that Even Flow is not the weakest link. Anyone who voted for this song in the first round is wrong.

I may prefer to listen to The Fixer over one of Jay Z's biggest hits, but that doesn't mean that the Fixer is a better song than the Jay Z tune.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Deep

I can´t believe Deep & Garden have the most votes.
    And for all the hate Evenflow gets, it does not translate in this poll :confused:

Yeah, I thought Even Flow would be getting hit pretty hard (maybe next round?)...And I thought Garden was a bigger deal!

What do I know, I guess?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    Jeremy
    whoever voted for porch just have their fan club tickets revoked for the next five tours.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Jeremy
    when deep was played at fenway 2 I felt like it was reborn again. So fucking good.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Garden
    Great to see the involvement in the thread. The Round 1 poll will close tomorrow at 2:00cst, and I will start Round 2 for the weekend.
  • Options
    Deep
    mcgruff10 said:

when deep was played at fenway 2 I felt like it was reborn again. So fucking good.

I thought that reborn feeling you had was a result of passing wind?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Jeremy

mcgruff10 said:

I thought that reborn feeling you had was a result of passing wind?
    Well yeah duh. Combine passing wind and deep live and you get pure bliss.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Why Go
    Friggin' Deep in the lead. WTF? Been one of my favorites for years with that killer guitar and dark lyrics. Also, anyone voting Jeremy or Evenflow isn't basing their pick on the weakest song, but the song they are sick of hearing. Neither should be eliminated this early.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Deep
    mcgruff10 said:

whoever voted for porch just have their fan club tickets revoked for the next five tours.

It will be getting my vote next round.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Jeremy
    tbergs said:

Friggin' Deep in the lead. WTF? Been one of my favorites for years with that killer guitar and dark lyrics. Also, anyone voting Jeremy or Evenflow isn't basing their pick on the weakest song, but the song they are sick of hearing. Neither should be eliminated this early.

I like Jeremy but it has always been the weakest song to me ever since Ten was released. You could really make an argument as to why none of these songs should be the first to go including the one you chose...
  • Options
    Jeremy

mcgruff10 said:

It will be getting my vote next round.
    Say what?!
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Jeremy
    I love deep. Can't believe it has the most votes. Very tough to choose though
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Even Flow
    Pearl Jam doesn't have many songs I'd consider a weak link on any album!!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Jeremy
    PJNB said:

tbergs said:

I like Jeremy but it has always been the weakest song to me ever since Ten was released. You could really make an argument as to why none of these songs should be the first to go including the one you chose...
    I feel the same way about Jeremy...and the video clinched it for me!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Garden
    If you haven't voted yet, the poll closes today.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Jeremy
    Over/Under on if we will get through the whole album before a tour is announced. :lol:
  • Options
    Deep
    Deep

Hard to choose since I like all the songs on this album. There were a couple of other close ones but Deep gets my vote even though I live the song.
    It makes much more sense to live......in the present tense.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Deep
    Yeah this is really tough. I like the album beginning to end. Round 2 is gonna be brutal! :o
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    edited February 2017
    Where do I vote? I know I've voted in polls before, but I'm not seeing what I remember seeing for voting...

NM....I see the vote date and it registered as 2:00 pm, but now guessing it's closed at 2:00 am, and thus no voting option. I'll catch Rd 2.
    Post edited by PJinIL on
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    Garden
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    A little late........................Even Flow.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Deep

A little late........................Even Flow.

To quote our president: "Wrong"

Kidding (partly)
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,067
    edited February 2017
    Jeremy
    KC138045 said:

how in the motherfuck does Oceans have that many votes?? I guess none of you wackos are bass players???

It wasn't an easy vote but I thought Oceans was the one song that could of been left of the album with the least impact. Ask a non die hard fan what they think of Oceans and they would probably have no idea what song your talking about.

And I get that Jeremy was the most played and commercialized song in their catalog but I don't get all the hate. Just my opinion.
    To each their own i guess. I love Oceans. Deep is fucking badass. Jeremy for me was not a great song to begin with and then was just ruined by MTV and radio. I could easily go with never hearing it again. (Although I do love the bass line in it).
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes they should. ^^
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Garden
    Round 1 poll will close in 3 hours.

As of this moment the three songs eliminated would be Deep, Garden and Jeremy
    Post edited by MedozK on
This discussion has been closed.