Options

This is YOUR fault.

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

LOL, I don't vote because I refuse to validate this system. Keep kicking the can when nothing changes except the debt ceiling every time Congress plays one party againat the other. I see it this way, two wings, same bird. Not interested. You guys wanted big government, now you get to deal with it.

You seem pretty interested to me.
    Only interested in ending the oligarchy.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

11-20 million people. It has been going on for a long time.

So you mean illegals. Why do you think people suddenly feel it's so important now, that it should be central to a president's policies?
    I think it has been important to people, it is just finally someone is doing something about it.
    The previous two presidents have done more to stem immigration, legal and otherwise, than ever before. One by tanking the economy and the other with record deportations and 18 to 24 month screening processes. But for you, nothing has been done. How does your limited, small government handle the issue? Land owners on the border taking matters into their own hands? Locally formed militias doing it for free? You really are a contradiction of hypocrisies.
    That is bs.
    How so?
    You can't deport a fraction of what was let in and call it a success and you can't really make a comparison with their predecessors because it wasn't the problem then that it is numbers wise. Neither one of them did anything to stem the flow, they didn't remove incentives and in fact during the Obama Administration they advertised, in Mexico, things like SNAP cards.

Landowners on the borders don't have private property rights in your world? Trespassing is ok?

One of the few things the federal government is supposed to do is protect the nation, allowing people to come in without a strict vetting process fails all of us. In turn the only ones facing the strict scrutiny are the ones that observe the law and come here legally, not really fair to them when others can just walk across without delay.
    An illegal wouldn't qualify for food stamps unless they stole someones identity. Not saying that doesn't happen, just clarifying because people are very misinformed about illegals receiving publis assistance.
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-uncovers-usda-records-sponsoring-u-s-food-stamp-program-for-illegal-aliens/
  • Options

unsung said:

LOL, I don't vote because I refuse to validate this system. Keep kicking the can when nothing changes except the debt ceiling every time Congress plays one party againat the other. I see it this way, two wings, same bird. Not interested. You guys wanted big government, now you get to deal with it.

then stop bitching about it. simple.
    Your participation validates the current status quo, my opting out does not.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Hugh's Canadian.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Forgive me for having a job and a mortgage to pay , kids in college..
    Where is the protest you are organizing on anti government let us know I'd show up !

My protest is done is other ways, not by destroying private property.
    I have been to 2 protests in 10 days. The first group over 150K and today's 2K. I did not destroy any property or see anyone else doing so.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

Hugh's Canadian.
    I am aware.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

So you mean illegals. Why do you think people suddenly feel it's so important now, that it should be central to a president's policies?
    I think it has been important to people, it is just finally someone is doing something about it.
    The previous two presidents have done more to stem immigration, legal and otherwise, than ever before. One by tanking the economy and the other with record deportations and 18 to 24 month screening processes. But for you, nothing has been done. How does your limited, small government handle the issue? Land owners on the border taking matters into their own hands? Locally formed militias doing it for free? You really are a contradiction of hypocrisies.
    That is bs.
    How so?
    You can't deport a fraction of what was let in and call it a success and you can't really make a comparison with their predecessors because it wasn't the problem then that it is numbers wise. Neither one of them did anything to stem the flow, they didn't remove incentives and in fact during the Obama Administration they advertised, in Mexico, things like SNAP cards.

Landowners on the borders don't have private property rights in your world? Trespassing is ok?

One of the few things the federal government is supposed to do is protect the nation, allowing people to come in without a strict vetting process fails all of us. In turn the only ones facing the strict scrutiny are the ones that observe the law and come here legally, not really fair to them when others can just walk across without delay.
    An illegal wouldn't qualify for food stamps unless they stole someones identity. Not saying that doesn't happen, just clarifying because people are very misinformed about illegals receiving publis assistance.
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-uncovers-usda-records-sponsoring-u-s-food-stamp-program-for-illegal-aliens/
    I just got a ridiculous mailer from them about indicting Clinton, they seem like loonies.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

That is bs.
    How so?

I just got a ridiculous mailer from them about indicting Clinton, they seem like loonies.
    I could have posted a link from nasa and people here would try to discredit it.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

That is bs.
    How so?

I could have posted a link from nasa and people here would try to discredit it.
    NASA has solid credentials and can back their claims with peer reviewed facts. Judical Watch, not so much.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mickeyrat said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Jason P said:

Bummed out that you never got to use your bug-out bag?

It isn't over yet, I hear the left calling for civil war.
    Seems justified to me. Shit has to hit the fan eventually in any society. Maybe this is the US's time (again).
    not sure how civil war would occur in 2017 United States. it's not a clear "this area" vs "that area" anymore. just everyone attack washington? LOL
    There are all kinds of possible scenarios, and one option could be determined by lines drawn on a map I suppose - could end up being south/mid vs north/west/east, who knows?? That would depend on the State politicians I guess. But I'm more picturing something like a military coup led by dissenting federal and state politicians...... are there enough politicians and military leaders in America who care enough about the US not becoming a fascist dictatorship, and who care little enough about their own cushy, relatively stable stations in life for such a thing to happen? I don't know. Far crazier shit has happened. If Trump and Bannon keep going the way they are and actually play out what they have apparently been fantasizing about for years now that they are in a position to actually go for it, I think this kind of thing might be inevitable. Are Trump and Bannon and friends crazy enough to do it? Hell yes. Let's just see if they have the will and energy.
    I'm sorry, but this seems like fantasy land. I do not foresee the US getting into a military involved civil war. I could picture another nation attempting an attack on US interests overseas or on the mainland, but as far as American citizens picking up arms and attacking each other on a mass scale...we are a long way from that and it would be a fairly one sided victory if it were between polarized liberals and conservatives. The Vietnam War created some mass retaliation and unrest...but a civil war? I just cannot imagine a scenario where either side of the equation would get enough support for anything effective that would not get shut down fairly quickly. Not to mention that the current military climate seems to be backing Trump, not opposing.
    US Interests. Define that.
    Google that yourself genius...wow, some people's kids...
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

That is bs.
    How so?

When did I ever claim land owners don't have property rights or that trespassing was okay? In my world? Hey everybody! Post No Tresspassing signs and Violators Will Be Shot signs on our border and presto change-o, problem solved!

Better build a wall on the northern border as well seeing that's where the actual radical Islamic terrorists were caught trying to drive explosives across the border. So, without the big, bad government, who's going to protect our borders?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ^^^
    You never own your property if you pay property tax.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

That is bs.
    How so?

When did I ever claim land owners don't have property rights or that trespassing was okay? In my world? Hey everybody! Post No Tresspassing signs and Violators Will Be Shot signs on our border and presto change-o, problem solved!

Better build a wall on the northern border as well seeing that's where the actual radical Islamic terrorists were caught trying to drive explosives across the border. So, without the big, bad government, who's going to protect our borders?
    A Pink Floyd song comes to mind, lol
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    unsung said:

unsung said:

wrong. Your opting out ensures the status quo remains. You can't affect the outcome of the game from the sidelines.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

That is bs.
    How so?

Your link points out that they don't have to declare their immigration status. That's it. It doesn't say anything about qualifying for food stamps. You should really gather facts and compare them to your kooky links you enjoy.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    edited February 2017
    PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Jason P said:

Seems justified to me. Shit has to hit the fan eventually in any society. Maybe this is the US's time (again).
    not sure how civil war would occur in 2017 United States. it's not a clear "this area" vs "that area" anymore. just everyone attack washington? LOL
    There are all kinds of possible scenarios, and one option could be determined by lines drawn on a map I suppose - could end up being south/mid vs north/west/east, who knows?? That would depend on the State politicians I guess. But I'm more picturing something like a military coup led by dissenting federal and state politicians...... are there enough politicians and military leaders in America who care enough about the US not becoming a fascist dictatorship, and who care little enough about their own cushy, relatively stable stations in life for such a thing to happen? I don't know. Far crazier shit has happened. If Trump and Bannon keep going the way they are and actually play out what they have apparently been fantasizing about for years now that they are in a position to actually go for it, I think this kind of thing might be inevitable. Are Trump and Bannon and friends crazy enough to do it? Hell yes. Let's just see if they have the will and energy.
    I'm sorry, but this seems like fantasy land. I do not foresee the US getting into a military involved civil war. I could picture another nation attempting an attack on US interests overseas or on the mainland, but as far as American citizens picking up arms and attacking each other on a mass scale...we are a long way from that and it would be a fairly one sided victory if it were between polarized liberals and conservatives. The Vietnam War created some mass retaliation and unrest...but a civil war? I just cannot imagine a scenario where either side of the equation would get enough support for anything effective that would not get shut down fairly quickly. Not to mention that the current military climate seems to be backing Trump, not opposing.
    some peoples kids? I figure there's many ways to define that, I want YOUR definition. gonna take wild stab and say google doesnt know that tidbit.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805

unsung said:

unsung said:

wrong. Your opting out ensures the status quo remains. You can't affect the outcome of the game from the sidelines.

exactly, whether you validate the system or not it exists. your invalidation wont make it disappear.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    seems like the holier than thou libertarian got owned in this thread lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

seems like the holier than thou libertarian got owned in this thread lol

LOL, not a Libertarian but you couldn't own me on your best day.

Your entire side and argument is filled with hypocrisy and virtue signaling. You complain about a temporary visa hold but don't say anything about your President Obama dropping 30000 bombs on these refugee's countries in 2016 alone.

You lost and you don't know how to deal with it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    #1 - This isn't a sporting event, so please stop with the "my side" and "you lost" bs... the sooner we realize we're all on the same team, the better off we'll all be, including you ... see how quickly and easily you make assumptions and label everyone? "my team vs. your team, but I'm smarter because I don't play your game"... you have no clue what my beliefs are... you're no better than the rest my friend

#2 - I don't want to own you, didn't even try, the rest of the thread handled that pretty easily. On my best day I couldn't change your mind, you seem to have it all figured out, and i'm too damn lazy to even try if I could lol

#3 - you didn't vote?

#4 - do you pay taxes?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    #1. Could have fooled me. This place has been silent to the abusive policies of the Obama administration. I have been saying for some time that the two sides are not Dem and GOP but instead authoritarians and libertarians. libertarians (small l intentional) is more than a party.

#2. Walking into a wolves den where everyone is against one is not being owned. I could leave and then everyone can stand around agreeing on everything and never gain other perspectives. But what fun would that be.

3. Not this time. I considered a write in but in the end my State was a lost cause so there was no point. My time has been better spent on working towards moving to another State.

4. Of course I do, I do so because I don't want to be kidnapped and thrown in a cage, or worse killed.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited February 2017
    Of course it's our fault, especially the Democrats. There still crying over there in the dem party thread claiming it's never been their fault! It's everyone else's fault! Wah! :cry:
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Talk about status quo, their inherent fear of change and actually trying to do things differently and better, keeps us with Trump. Wonderful.
  • Options
    unsung said:

#1. Could have fooled me. This place has been silent to the abusive policies of the Obama administration. I have been saying for some time that the two sides are not Dem and GOP but instead authoritarians and libertarians. libertarians (small l intentional) is more than a party.

#2. Walking into a wolves den where everyone is against one is not being owned. I could leave and then everyone can stand around agreeing on everything and never gain other perspectives. But what fun would that be.

3. Not this time. I considered a write in but in the end my State was a lost cause so there was no point. My time has been better spent on working towards moving to another State.

4. Of course I do, I do so because I don't want to be kidnapped and thrown in a cage, or worse killed.

you didn't even vote in your local elections? didn't want to vote 3rd party? Gary Johnson?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    unsung said:

You have conceded that it would be impossible in today's society to move to an ungoverned one, attributing that impossibility to leftists. How do you eliminate that barrier to pursue your goal? Kill them?

You also allude to the notion that government is the source of corruption and failure to make progress. Why do you feel that this is the case - could inherent human traits not be responsible?

People don't abandon a system used for hundreds of years when it isn't working, only to jump into the abyss. If you feel that an ungoverned society would be better than a governed one, you owe it to your cause to identify the flaws of a governed society and more importantly, to explain why an ungoverned society wouldn't exhibit the same flaws.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    Yeah go ahead try not having any law in boroughs like Bronx NY , No government would not work good for innermost city's !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Jason P said:

some peoples kids? I figure there's many ways to define that, I want YOUR definition. gonna take wild stab and say google doesnt know that tidbit.
    It was a broad term...I'm still trying to figure out why you even chose to pull that out of my comment...trolling I guess??? Deplorable...
  • Options
    my2hands said:

unsung said:

you didn't even vote in your local elections? didn't want to vote 3rd party? Gary Johnson?
    Gary Johnson is a joke. No, I didn't vote.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    benjs said:

unsung said:

You have conceded that it would be impossible in today's society to move to an ungoverned one, attributing that impossibility to leftists. How do you eliminate that barrier to pursue your goal? Kill them?

You also allude to the notion that government is the source of corruption and failure to make progress. Why do you feel that this is the case - could inherent human traits not be responsible?

People don't abandon a system used for hundreds of years when it isn't working, only to jump into the abyss. If you feel that an ungoverned society would be better than a governed one, you owe it to your cause to identify the flaws of a governed society and more importantly, to explain why an ungoverned society wouldn't exhibit the same flaws.
    Rome wasn't built in a day. Baby steps. Let's just start following the Constitution and limiting the general government to the powers authorized to it.
  • Options

^^^
    You never own your property if you pay property tax.

I can't keep track of some things, are you being serious?