Options

Canada's mosque

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    You're right, godfather. Maybe the solution is extreme vetting on white male Canadians and an immigration ban on Caucasians from countries known to have links to terrorists - starting with America.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    By the way, Canada has countless mosques alongside the countless of other places of worship.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    benjs said:

You're right, godfather. Maybe the solution is extreme vetting on white male Canadians and an immigration ban on Caucasians from countries known to have links to terrorists - starting with America.
    the NRA are the terrorists.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

I was referring to some suspected terrorists from Saudi Arabia, I'm not at all speaking about the NRA. Facilitators of weaponry at worst are of questionable moral fiber, but not terrorists.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

I was referring to some suspected terrorists from Saudi Arabia, I'm not at all speaking about the NRA. Facilitators of weaponry at worst are of questionable moral fiber, but not terrorists.
    we have the highest rate of gun deaths of any civilized country in the world. its not even a contest. at the heart of it, you have the NRA. wearing a suit and glasses, does not exclude you from being called a terrorist.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

we have the highest rate of gun deaths of any civilized country in the world. its not even a contest. at the heart of it, you have the NRA. wearing a suit and glasses, does not exclude you from being called a terrorist.
    Yes, it does. Given that our founding fathers designed the constitution in ways that arguably provided the population with the right to carry arms, it would be less of a stretch to coin the drafters of the second amendment as terrorists than the NRA.

To call someone a terrorist, you'd have to prove that without reasonable a doubt he or she intended (or conspired) to act maliciously. Is the NRA in bed with each proponent of gun violence in the States? That's what the NRA as terrorists would look like.

EV
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

If you had the highest rate of knife deaths would you call cutlery manufacturers terrorists too?

EV
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Wait, aren't these types of guns "banned" in Canada?
  • Options
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

Yes, it does. Given that our founding fathers designed the constitution in ways that arguably provided the population with the right to carry arms, it would be less of a stretch to coin the drafters of the second amendment as terrorists than the NRA.

To call someone a terrorist, you'd have to prove that without reasonable a doubt he or she intended (or conspired) to act maliciously. Is the NRA in bed with each proponent of gun violence in the States? That's what the NRA as terrorists would look like.
    they use the Constitution as a basis for excessive armament in the same way Islamic terrorists use the Koran. There are also Christian undertones coupled with paranoid propaganda. So, yes I consider the NRA a terrorist organization.

Cutlery is an extremely inefficient way to kill. But yeah, if it were the year 1200, i might be going after whatever group says that its okay for every American to have an arsenal of combat swords in their home.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

doesnt sound very civilised does it?

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    the Constitution also calls for equality. Did we have that from the get go? And do we have it now? I think not. If you are a WMA, you get a pass on a lot of bad behavior.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

they use the Constitution as a basis for excessive armament in the same way Islamic terrorists use the Koran. There are also Christian undertones coupled with paranoid propaganda. So, yes I consider the NRA a terrorist organization.

Cutlery is an extremely inefficient way to kill. But yeah, if it were the year 1200, i might be going after whatever group says that its okay for every American to have an arsenal of combat swords in their home.
    Except that, again, armament isn't a crime, whereas the terrorists exploiting the meaning of the Qur'an that you're referring to who are attempting to murder - clearly are committing crimes. Also, religious propaganda and undertones are tools used by terrorists, but they're also tools used by peace-loving priests and imams and to be frank, even many parents.

If your battle is against tools that can be used for good or evil and plan on unequivocally condemning them and their users, you will run out of tools to live day to day with, and run out of decent people to communicate with.

EV
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Any update on who did this?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127
    Wma31394 said:

Any update on who did this?

well....according to some of the folks here the NRA did it. LOL !!!!!!! so going along with that belief is it fare to say that all muslims are the enemy because of the so called radical muslims ?

• Options
    i'm hearing that it was Syrian refugees.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

i'm hearing that it was Syrian refugees.

that wouldn't surprise anybody...but they sure made it sound like a couple Canadians ?

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Until it is actually known what their ties are, it's pointless to speculate. Wait for the information to come out instead of hearing the best guesses of all of the news organizations hoping to get the scoop.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    yea...still waiting for the NRA to accept responsibility . LOL !!!!
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    tbergs said:

Until it is actually known what their ties are, it's pointless to speculate. Wait for the information to come out instead of hearing the best guesses of all of the news organizations hoping to get the scoop.

Agreed...all of those organizations initially shouting "white supremacists" should be immediately regarded as fake news organizations.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    saw some trump supporters on twitter basically celebrating this. disgusting.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason P said:
    Not what I expected. But then again, I have no idea what to expect these days.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    this could be the start of radical muslims beginning to turn on their own and that could turn into a muslim civil war of sorts,
    just a thought.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

If you had the highest rate of knife deaths would you call cutlery manufacturers terrorists too?
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

Let's talk when the National Cutlery Association manipulates a large amount of the population into thinking having knives is a Constitutional right.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

this could be the start of radical muslims beginning to turn on their own and that could turn into a muslim civil war of sorts,
    just a thought.

Wow, you really have no idea what is going on in the world, do you??
    Most victims of terrorism are Muslim, but terror events only make it to Fox News when the victims are white I guess.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

just a thought.

Most victims of terrorism are Muslim, but terror events only make it to Fox News when the victims are white I guess.
    most victims ?....but not all ?
    they did it in Canada at a very intense time and not Afghanistan or Iraq, next they may do it at the one in your neighborhood,
    and of course you had to bring up the "white" thing..but I guess liberals need an ace up the sleeve to cover their mixed words.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637

rgambs said:

just a thought.

they did it in Canada at a very intense time and not Afghanistan or Iraq, next they may do it at the one in your neighborhood,
    and of course you had to bring up the "white" thing..but I guess liberals need an ace up the sleeve to cover their mixed words.

Be afraid and hand over your rights. It's unfortunate the trump supporters can't see that they're doing this.
  • Options

rgambs said:

just a thought.

Be afraid and hand over your rights. It's unfortunate the trump supporters can't see that they're doing this.
    how is that happening ?

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

rgambs said:

just a thought.

11,000+ deaths by guns. 3 deaths by terrorists in the same time period.

yeah, radical islamic terrorists are the big fucking problem in america.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    edited January 2017

just a thought.

Hey godfather. .....time for you to catch up....
    The different types of Muslims have been fighting each other, for hundreds if not thousands, of years.
    I know you won't do it but Google Shia vs. Sunni to learn something.