Options

Star Wars - The Last Jedi

2»

Comments

• Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    "its time for the jedi to end"

..i read/hear this as," it is time to allow the jedi to crush the enemy" 

the jedi have been constrained by their ways, for too long.

live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    Happy New Trailer Day!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    OMG can't wait
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm not watching any trailers, I don't want any expectations except quality.
    The Force Awakens was the biggest movie event of my life so far, and I was thoroughly satisfied.
    The Last Jedi, I am twice as pumped for this one.

I'll probably be going to see it at midnight on a Sunday night by myself so I don't disrupt time with the wife and child.
    Sort of depressing not to have anyone else to go with or care about it, but also nice to get to take it in without distraction.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    I used to go to the movies every Sunday morning when it wasn't football season because my wife would go to church services and then help with the youth group in CA.  I like going by myself.  
    Sounds like you have a good plan.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    "its time for the jedi to end"

..i read/hear this as," it is time to allow the jedi to crush the enemy" 

the jedi have been constrained by their ways, for too long.

Who knows, there's so many angles.
    My guess is that, it's time for the Jedi to end because they get corrupted by the dark side and make a mess of the galaxy.
    It's relatively seldom that a Sith Master trains an apprentice up from the ground, they usually let the Jedi do the Force training and then swoop in to corrupt.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    So many questions going on in my mind after watching the trailer five times. 
  • Options
    My friend just told me that director is not happy with the trailer as the studio has included spoilers in it.
    Not sure I want to watch it now.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I just saw a tweet from Mark Hamill saying to avoid it.

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I just saw a tweet from Mark Hamill saying to avoid it.

Hmm, trying to think what in that trailer they felt was spoilerish. Have a couple of ideas i guess.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I gave into temptation and viewed it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    My reaction to the end of the trailer ...

• Options
    The director had his comments widely misconstrued. He responded to a question if you want to walk into the theater totally clean, meaning not knowing ANYTHING, then avoid the trailer. But he also said the trailer was very good. He didn't tell anyone not to watch the trailer and he didn't express any anger or disappointment with the studio.

For what it's worth...I think the trailer features a lot of misdirection. Scenes are cut together to look like they are happening together when they really aren't. Kylo in his fighter/Leia on the bridge and Rey/Kylo at the end in particular look like they are happening at different points of the film.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    I'm super bummed there were no Gungans in it

:lol:

• Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    ^^
    My thoughts exactly...
    Trailer looks awesome!!!
    Have tix for the midnight screening - can't wait :):)
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Tickets purchased for Thursday 12/14
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,317
    This little bird thing better not have a large role.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I was looking forward to his big fight scene.

With Jar Jar's grandson.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I was looking forward to his big fight scene.

With Jar Jar's grandson.
    HAHAHA!!!! Yes! What if the Skywalker/Jedi/Rebellion was just a subplot for a hidden storyline that ends up having it all about Jar Jar in the end? 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    JimmyV said:
    The director had his comments widely misconstrued. He responded to a question if you want to walk into the theater totally clean, meaning not knowing ANYTHING, then avoid the trailer. But he also said the trailer was very good. He didn't tell anyone not to watch the trailer and he didn't express any anger or disappointment with the studio.

For what it's worth...I think the trailer features a lot of misdirection. Scenes are cut together to look like they are happening together when they really aren't. Kylo in his fighter/Leia on the bridge and Rey/Kylo at the end in particular look like they are happening at different points of the film.
    That's exactly what I thought.  Clips of different scenes edited together to give a misleading impression of continuity.

A buddy of mine lives a couple blocks away from the Alamo Drafthouse in Winchester.  He got tickets for a bunch of us last night by going straight to the box office in person. Commemorative pint glasses, too, of course!
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

That's exactly what I thought.  Clips of different scenes edited together to give a misleading impression of continuity.

A buddy of mine lives a couple blocks away from the Alamo Drafthouse in Winchester.  He got tickets for a bunch of us last night by going straight to the box office in person. Commemorative pint glasses, too, of course!

That's awesome! I had no idea tickets were supposed to go on sale yesterday after the trailer. Around 7pm I saw it mentioned on Twitter. I immediately looked online and AMC had them up early. Scored a pair for 8pm on Thursday 12/14! Cannot wait for this.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    OK so I'm not watching it then.

Hello 12/14!!!
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Seeing it in 4K Laser Projection with Dolby Atmos sound! Can't wait!