Options

Va. Beach Travel Tip

freetibet1freetibet1 Posts: 35
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
For folks heading to Va. Beach from the North or West, here's a tip. When you get to Richmond, your inclination is to head down I-64 East. But that road can become a parking lot, especially around 3 to 4pm. An alternative is to get on I-95 South to Petersburg. From there take Route 460 East. This is a nice, laid back, rural road. There are stretches that you can go 65, but you will go through small rural towns with stop lights too. I think it is only a few miles and a few minutes out of your way, but it could be well worth it.

When you get near Suffolk, just look for signs for Norfolk/Va. Beach.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Good advice. For folks coming from points north, especially those planning on taking 95 to Richmond, remember you've got a bunch of rush hours to try to avoid, Baltimore, DC, Richmond, then, once you've started to head east for the beach, Hampton Roads. I think the earlier you get into the Va. Beach area, the better.
    "If you love someone... set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck it up." - Ed
  • Options
    freetibet1freetibet1 Posts: 35
    One more thing: If you are a baseball fan, the AAA Norfolk Tides are playing a noon game on Tuesday. Great ballpark.
  • Options
    WaterlilyWaterlily Posts: 71
    freetibet1 wrote:
    One more thing: If you are a baseball fan, the AAA Norfolk Tides are playing a noon game on Tuesday. Great ballpark.

Thanks - we'll keep that in mind as we travel down from NY!
    ...there's a cloud but the Water remains calm
  • Options
    notradebaxxnotradebaxx Posts: 198
    cool thanks..... any really good mom and pop places to eat ???
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
  • Options
    nmm18nmm18 Posts: 13
    I'll be driving down for the VA Beach from DC...if anyone wants to hitch a ride from the DC/VA area...let me know.