Options

In Protest: Pearl Jam Radio's Top 15 Protest Songs

Comments

• Options
    Tiki said:

Oh, we accept the results but he should be impeached immediately.

BALDFACED Lies on day one his Presidency about the "very dishonest media" fabricating issues with the intelligence community (a statement the President himself made) and his completely false claims to the largest inaugural crowd ever (a statement the President's press secretary made), while IGNORING and not addressing the grievances of hundreds of thousands of protesters in the street (not only in DC, but worldwide) lead me to believe that he is in "violation of public trust" and should be IMPEACHED immediately. It appears as though he doesn't care about the will of the people, he only cares about himself.

His electoral college "victory" is a testament to his soon to be untenable unpopularity.

Nice, right?

We now have self-care guides and support groups to help with these emotions
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Holland said:

The people have spoken and Trump is POTUS. Would there be a top 15 protest song list had Clinton won? I doubt it. Dems are a whiny group unless they get there way.

The fact that you want to live in a world that does not hold its leaders accountable and just have everyone shut up because they "lost" is very disturbing to me. Also you are right the people have spoken and Trump is POTUS. Why are you telling the people that they no longer have a voice now that he is in the office?
    People had their voice for the 18 months plus before the election..had their voice on election day..I never said shut up..just accept the results.
    If you feel compelled to protest, then have at it. I simply stated that Dems are whiny if they don't get there way...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73

Holland said:

The people have spoken and Trump is POTUS. Would there be a top 15 protest song list had Clinton won? I doubt it. Dems are a whiny group unless they get there way.

The fact that you want to live in a world that does not hold its leaders accountable and just have everyone shut up because they "lost" is very disturbing to me. Also you are right the people have spoken and Trump is POTUS. Why are you telling the people that they no longer have a voice now that he is in the office?
    People had their voice for the 18 months plus before the election..had their voice on election day..I never said shut up..just accept the results.
    If you feel compelled to protest, then have at it. I simply stated that Dems are whiny if they don't get there way...
    Whiny is not exclusive to Democrats. I could argue that Republicans are whiny since they can not take any negative feedback on Trump. Also I find it scary how few Republicans call Trump out on his bullshit. Why does this not happen more often? Instead we get canned comments like you mentioned earlier that the people have spoken.
  • Options
    Trump is certainly full of shit..so is Hillary..I think we should do away with having basically 2 candidates to choose from.Why not have 4? Popular vote wins.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

The Pearl Jam that i love would have protested against Clinton too. Lose-Lose'16

I'm sorry you love a Twilight Zone-version of Pearl Jam.

And live in a Twilight Zone-world where having Clinton wouldn't have been a MASSIVE win compared to Trump. For the whole of the world and the earth. The Lose-lose narrative is ignorant, when what you elected is a neo-fasicst.
    Hmmm i seem to remember quite a few 98 shows i was at that had anti-Clinton words. I remember a few 2000 shows that were anti-both candidates. That was my personal favorite time even tho i thought Nader was nuts too. I cant support either party one bit. No wool for me. Baaaahhhh. Bahhhhh. :lol:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2017
    You call it whining... I call it dissent... which is a fundamental cornerstone to a healthy democracy... if you don't like it, those same passports are still available
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    As an appendix to the list, include Soon Forget from '16 Toronto.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    my2hands said:

You call it whining... I call it dissent... which is a fundamental cornerstone to a healthy democracy... if you don't like it, those same passports are still available

yes
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Meh, I'll stay..I dont have anything to whine about with the incoming POTUS..For example.. healthcare is paid for by my employer.I did just go to the Healthcare website for giggles and found out I don't qualify for a discount so I would have to pay full market value for a plan.Kinda glad that may be tweaked for my employers benefit....helps out with my ability to buy PJ swag instead of paying ridiculous premiums out of pocket.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,436

my2hands said:

Meh, I'll stay..I dont have anything to whine about with the incoming POTUS..For example.. healthcare is paid for by my employer.
    The aristocrat choir sings "what's the ruckus?"
    The haves have not a clue.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Meh, I'll stay..I dont have anything to whine about with the incoming POTUS..For example.. healthcare is paid for by my employer.
    I think you may have misread that..my employer..meaning I am but a peon that has bosses.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

I think you may have misread that..my employer..meaning I am but a peon that has bosses.
    No... I read it correctly. People concerned about their healthcare are not whiners. Calling people whiners while mentioning that your employer pays for your healthcare suggests a certain amount of tone deafness on your part regarding this issue.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hate everyone equally
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

I hate everyone equally

:lol: /thread
  • Options

I hate everyone equally

Well played lol
  • Options

my2hands said:

Meh, I'll stay..I dont have anything to whine about with the incoming POTUS..For example.. healthcare is paid for by my employer.I did just go to the Healthcare website for giggles and found out I don't qualify for a discount so I would have to pay full market value for a plan.Kinda glad that may be tweaked for my employers benefit....helps out with my ability to buy PJ swag instead of paying ridiculous premiums out of pocket.
    Here is the entire post..sounds like my entire point was cost of healthcare.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

my2hands said:

Yes... as far as the whiners go I imagine you could substitute food or shelter for PJ swag in your post.

• Options
    on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Yes... as far as the whiners go I imagine you could substitute food or shelter for PJ swag in your post.
    Well, I do give to the ASPCA every month..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    mlyonsmlyons Posts: 10

mlyons said:

demetrios said:
    Wtf is PJ Radio protesting exactly? Stop embarrassing yourselves in order to pat yourselves on the back for being so tremendously wonderful. True unemployment is still high and median income stagnated. Just because people stop looking for jobs, and those you've held in employment saw REAL income drop does not make your economic policies effective. Look at the proper statistics and you'll understand why people voted the way they did including the areas that voted for continued handouts.
    Please enlighten us as to what the real "True" unemployment rate is? I'm so confused. I thought it was 4.7% but that must be the fake facts from fake news of CNN. When you let us know of your secret True insight can you please site your sources?
    And btw, I purposely did not site any sources above. Go the the Bureau of Labor Statistics to both (in)validate my definition and narrative and get the relevant statistics. They publish it. And everyone should stop using the fake news thing incorrectly to be snide. This isn't real or fake. It's statistics, and you can make them say anything you want while still being truthful. Damn Lies and Statisitcs! That's why you should educate yourself and make up your own mind rather than listening to our self filtered news agencies and media outlets to fit our prism. Use the news to pique your curiousity, then use your curiousity to seek out the truth.

And definitely do not use your favorite band's message board, concert rhetoric and radio station.
    Don't use my favorite band's message board to disagree with you? I find it odd that you troll a thread about protesting with pj songs on a pj site. You never answered my question by the way you just filibustered. If you have some different numbers on unemployment then please share (along with sources) I mean you did bring it up. It was your whole point was it not? I imagine your on Hillary's FB page too arguing with her supporters. Your kind isn't rare on Message Boards...troll. But your guy won so be happy and not so grumpy. Everything will be fixed for you very soon will it not?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Don't let the protests get to you. The only elections the left respects are the ones where they win. The people have the power until they don't vote they way the left wants. Nothing new here to see. Move on.
  • Options
    mlyonsmlyons Posts: 10

Don't let the protests get to you. The only elections the left respects are the ones where they win. The people have the power until they don't vote they way the left wants. Nothing new here to see. Move on.

I had a big long response written out with facts about Russian involvement in the election along with numerous lies Trump has told, but then I reread your idiotic statements and thought why bother. Why does it bother you so that people are peacefully protesting? I understand you like to stir the pot or you wouldn't be trolling a protest thread calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a baby.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    edited January 2017
    mlyons said:

I had a big long response written out with facts about Russian involvement in the election along with numerous lies Trump has told, but then I reread your idiotic statements and thought why bother. Why does it bother you so that people are peacefully protesting? I understand you like to stir the pot or you wouldn't be trolling a protest thread calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a baby.
    Settle down.

This is my first post about the protests I think. It doesn't bother me. My post was directed at those frustrated with the protests to not let it get to them.

P.s. You don't know me! Ha.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    People protested when Obama won also. When people thought he was born in Kenya, or Muslim, or was going to take away their guns to name a few.. Things he wasn't or didn't say he was going to do. Inheriting a large mess by the previous president who ruined our economy and standing around the world. Thins incoming president did the things he was accused of and admitted to them And said the things he wanted to do that people are protesting. And is inheriting a better situation than what was left for Obama.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

The band would have preferred Clinton, so what?

There wouldn't have been a Bushleaguer if Gore won either.

So what's your point...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Holland said:

I think more people should be outraged about them playing RITFW with U2 instead of a version with Neil or whatever.

Haha I was wondering what you were complaining about there. Not a big U2 fan and Bono is off the rails all the time but Sunday Bloody Sunday is probably one of the best protest songs out there. Neil does it better though.
    That Pearl Jam/U2 collaboration is the cringiest things the band has done :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Trump has been so normalized to republican voters already they think the concern and protest is simply because the Democrats lost lol

Clearly they haven't paid attention to this fucking asshole and his dangerous and racust rhetoric since he came down those escalators

The vast majority of people I see gloating and dismissing the concerns of others have a white penis, because white healthy males are literally the only people he hasn't offended, spewed hate speech at, or proposed racist policies to discriminate against with
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    my2hands said:

Trump has been so normalized to republican voters already they think the concern and protest is simply because the Democrats lost lol

Clearly they haven't paid attention to this fucking asshole and his dangerous and racust rhetoric since he came down those escalators

The vast majority of people I see gloating and dismissing the concerns of others have a white penis, because white healthy males are literally the only people he hasn't offended, spewed hate speech at, or proposed racist policies to discriminate against with

The problem is they did pay attention and did vote for him despite all the negatives. That's what's worrisome. They believed every lie against Hillary and didn't care about any truths about Trump.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879

In Protest: Pearl Jam Radio's Top 15 Protest Songs SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio January 20th 2016
    MP3 Download .. https://we.tl/DBuTDzfXkS

Not my capture. Thanks friend for recording & sharing this with us!
    Enjoy! :)

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    PEARL JAM IS POLITICAL!?!?!??! AND LIBERAL!?!?!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Huuuuuge omission here. Just terrible. Not For You from Soldier Field '95. Sad.

And to those who have an issue with the positions this band has taken, well then, maybe....This is not for YOU! For Yoooooooou aaaahhhh!
    It's a hopeless situation...