Options

When will Pearl Jam tour Asia again?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Fuck The Philippines (As long as that guy Duerte(?) exists)

And fuck the USA (As long as Trump exists).

But hopefully the band returns to Asia and Tokyo.

Did the 2003 tour really sel "poor" or did it sell as planned but smaller venues? Were the venues half empty?

Venues were legit half empty. Some of them didn't even have a thousand people.
    That's sad. But would have loved to be there :)

Almost felt embarrassed when NIN played for a half full smaller arena here in Sweden. And Trent even pointed it out.

I think Soundgarden played at the same place, also not full.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Never

mcgruff10 said:

Did the 2003 tour really sel "poor" or did it sell as planned but smaller venues? Were the venues half empty?

Almost felt embarrassed when NIN played for a half full smaller arena here in Sweden. And Trent even pointed it out.

I d love to have been there too! The bootlegs are great!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    Never

Wow.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

Wow.

Yeah, I know. I'm edgy :P
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Never

mcgruff10 said:

sendai, japan: The upper level was completely empty and there is a very small crowd (between 800-1,000). capacity is right around 2700. After ‘Black,’ Ed says, “This is probably the least amount of people we’ve played to in quite a long time; it’s also the best it’s felt in quite a long time.”
    nagoya, japan: The most intimate venue of this tour … much more of a small venue feel than Sendai, on a college campus and not even sold out with many empty seats in the balcony circling the main floor
    budokan, tokyo: capacity is 14,471 and only 8000 showed up
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

sendai, japan: The upper level was completely empty and there is a very small crowd (between 800-1,000). capacity is right around 2700. After ‘Black,’ Ed says, “This is probably the least amount of people we’ve played to in quite a long time; it’s also the best it’s felt in quite a long time.”
    nagoya, japan: The most intimate venue of this tour … much more of a small venue feel than Sendai, on a college campus and not even sold out with many empty seats in the balcony circling the main floor
    Yet that run of shows is probably the best of the whole tour
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Never
    NewJPage said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

the bootlegs feel more like a soundcheck then a concert lol. zero crowd noise in some of them but still awesome.
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,469
    There was a complete lack of Even Bros
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Never

:clap:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

NewJPage said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

the bootlegs feel more like a soundcheck then a concert lol. zero crowd noise in some of them but still awesome.
    Well, all Pearl Jam boots have to little crowd mixed in :) (at least on the parts where the crowd is singing)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yeah ok... maybe no idea to go back...

But one show at the Budokan to finish off a Australia tour should work? In 2003 they played several cities in Japan.
  • Options
    Never

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yeah ok... maybe no idea to go back...

But one show at the Budokan to finish off a Australia tour should work? In 2003 they played several cities in Japan.
    yeah I could see that.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

I don't think he'll pick you up at the airport. That place is way too beautiful for people to be swayed away because of what they read or see in the news. Thats okay, though. Less people in my way taking selfies
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613

CopperTom said:

Shows sold poorly in 2003.

That sucks because those shows were awesome
    I don't know if there is truth to the poor sales comment, but the 2003 Japan shows are possibly my favorite sounding boots they have ever released. I don't know if it was the venue or acoustics or what, but the quiet "respectful" audiences really allowed the music to shine through and I would love to have another tour there for the bootlegs alone.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    be nice if they just holed up in Seattle and recorded songs. lots of them. its overdue
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    vaggar99 said:

be nice if they just holed up in Seattle and recorded songs. lots of them. its overdue

How do we know they haven't done just that?
  • Options
    Trump is an asshole... but to compare him to Duterte is totally ridiculous... he is leading a massacre of Filipinos and openly celebrates the blood bath

If Trump starts openly calling for the police and civilian vigilantes to slaughter heroin addicts by the thousands in the street, and then openly celebrates and flaunts it, give me a call
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Trump is an asshole... but to compare him to Duterte is totally ridiculous... he is leading a massacre of Filipinos and openly celebrates the blood bath

If Trump starts openly calling for the police and civilian vigilantes to slaughter heroin addicts by the thousands in the street, and then openly celebrates and flaunts it, give me a call

He has no problem playing the "Climate Change is a hoax"-card and stop progress to "save" the planet, and doing so while being the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

I don't know Duartes stance on climate change. But looks to me like Trump can be looked upon as a bigger asshole.

But hopefully PJ tour Japan.
  • Options
    I think there is a difference between being a moron and being a psychopathic murderer

All assholes are not created equal lol
  • Options
    Never

my2hands said:

He has no problem playing the "Climate Change is a hoax"-card and stop progress to "save" the planet, and doing so while being the leader of the most powerful country in the world.

I don't know Duartes stance on climate change. But looks to me like Trump can be looked upon as a bigger asshole.

So why the fuck the USA comment? You do know a majority of Americans did not vote for the guy, right?

You're comment smearing an entire group because of one person is ironic as it smacks of something Trump would say. Kind of like Trump smearing all Mexicans and Muslims based on the behavior of a few.

Bigly post.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

my2hands said:

So why the fuck the USA comment? You do know a majority of Americans did not vote for the guy, right?

You're comment smearing an entire group because of one person is ironic as it smacks of something Trump would say. Kind of like Trump smearing all Mexicans and Muslims based on the behavior of a few.

Bigly post.
    The discussion is in another castle.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Gotta love that a simple question of when do you think Pearl Jam will tour Asia turns into a discussion about Presidents. One of a country and/or a topic people probably know nothing about. Zero
  • Options
    Never

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Bigly post.
    Not so much edgy as ignorant.

• Options
    my2hands said:

vaggar99 said:

How do we know they haven't done just that?
    you know something i don't?
  • Options
    Never
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Bigly post.
    It is amazing how many people on these forums rip on the usa for various reasons but have no problem coming here to see a pj show.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Never
    mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Bigly post.
    It is amazing how many people on these forums rip on the usa for various reasons but have no problem coming here to see a pj show.
    Exactly. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I'd like to see people at least avoid painting all of us with the same broad brush.

Now... back to the music. Highly doubt they hit Asia any time soon.
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Options
    edited January 2017
    on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Bigly post.
    Exactly. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I'd like to see people at least avoid painting all of us with the same broad brush.

as a whole, we deserve all the ridicule the world can conjure up. it comes with the territory.
  • Options
    Never
    vaggar99 said:

on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Bigly post.

as a whole, we deserve all the ridicule the world can conjure up. it comes with the territory.
    I don't engage in self loathing behavior. I did my part and my conscious is clear.

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Bigly post.
    Or people look past problems to go see a PJ show. But live in a world where things are "amazing" instead. :)

Anyways!

Tokyo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjo5UIStb18
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    edited January 2017
    Yeah!l Tokyo! Nuclear power with horrendous oversight!!!! Let's all get radiated.

Maybe they will cover don't drink the water.

Just trying to fit in to the spirit of the thread.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on