Options

How was your day?

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    My facebook album of bird photos went viral in the last two days, and I am stunned. It is touching to see how many people have a connection to birds, Cardinals especially. In these times where my mind wanders to politics and the future a lot, this whole thing has made my day and distracted me in a good way. There was maybe one negative reaction. That was it. Birds make people happy, seemingly. As someone who studied media, I am also amazed at how this whole going viral thing works. It takes a life of its own. Now I am excitedly watching to see it cross borders and oceans. So far, the majority of the more than 5000 shares was in America. I am a bit floored lol
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829

My facebook album of bird photos went viral in the last two days, and I am stunned. It is touching to see how many people have a connection to birds, Cardinals especially. In these times where my mind wanders to politics and the future a lot, this whole thing has made my day and distracted me in a good way. There was maybe one negative reaction. That was it. Birds make people happy, seemingly. As someone who studied media, I am also amazed at how this whole going viral thing works. It takes a life of its own. Now I am excitedly watching to see it cross borders and oceans. So far, the majority of the more than 5000 shares was in America. I am a bit floored lol

Well done, Leeze. That almost makes me wish I was on fb to see it. I bet it's spectacular.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    hedonist said:

Got a really great phone call today.. that might hopefully result in at least a part time job. Yay!

Fingers crossed for you!

My day was more sweet than not, so...thankful.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Got a really great phone call today.. that might hopefully result in at least a part time job. Yay!

That is incredibly awesome news!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Yeah! I applied at my previous competition, and they called me yesterday, and asked for a second interview! Yay!
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Well done, Leeze. That almost makes me wish I was on fb to see it. I bet it's spectacular.
    You can, it is a public album and you can look at it even without a fb account :)https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10211806029372284.1073741854.1416081001&type=1&l=210d57f81b
    It just hit 10.000 shares. This is wild!
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options

deadendp said:

Yeah! I applied at my previous competition, and they called me yesterday, and asked for a second interview! Yay!
    Got the job!! Yay!! I get to work in a heated building!! AND... all my customers have come to that store and told them they should hire me! That melted my heart!
  • Options

deadendp said:

Got the job!! Yay!! I get to work in a heated building!! AND... all my customers have come to that store and told them they should hire me! That melted my heart!
    Well, that, and the fact that there is finally heat melted your heart
  • Options
    dankind said:

"Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age."

:rofl:
  • Options

deadendp said:

Congratulations!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Good start now that PJ is getting inducted in Cleveland as well as Yes and ELO.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I'm sooo tired, it's so dark. Shortest day is tomorrow, then it gets brighter again.
    Congrats to your new job, WH.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    bluegrace said:

I'm sooo tired, it's so dark. Shortest day is tomorrow, then it gets brighter again.

After tomorrow, nowhere to go but up!

I love just knowing that every day gets a little longer and a little brighter.
  • Options

bluegrace said:

After tomorrow, nowhere to go but up!

I love just knowing that every day gets a little longer and a little brighter.
    My younger sister and I were just having this conversation this morning! :lol:

My day is long.. and only half over. Spent 9 hours in the ER with
    My nephew, praying it wasn't appendicitis.. finally fell into bed at 1 this morning.. back up by 7 to accomplish my day.. faxing in the last of my unemployment paperwork, and dropping off my w-4, then go off load hay, and buy a ham-hock, left to do...

Don't worry, Addler was just full of crap.. they sent him home with stool softener and some Tylenol3...
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,779
    Well I have been emotionally abused on FB and had a pipe come loose at work(I'm still half drenched) so all in all not bad.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,954

:smiley:

and now this
    http://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene/archives/2016/12/20/this-macomb-residents-bird-photos-are-going-viral-for-a-very-good-reason
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

and now this
    http://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene/archives/2016/12/20/this-macomb-residents-bird-photos-are-going-viral-for-a-very-good-reason
    Good stuff allround.
    :clap:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Love it, Leeze!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

and now this
    Leeze! Those pictures are amazing! Great job.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    ^^^
    We have Blue jays all year round visiting our feeder. I never tire of seeing them.
  • Options
    Thank you, thank you :relaxed: It is a neat hobby, and really all the work of the little camera. I love that this is something positive that went viral. There were so many happy reactions to it :)
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
  • Options
    Longueuil said:

Hahahaha! I truly see why these went viral! Magnificent shots Lisa!
  • Options
    New Nine Inch Nails. My day has been great
    This will only take a while
  • Options

Thank you, thank you :relaxed: It is a neat hobby, and really all the work of the little camera. I love that this is something positive that went viral. There were so many happy reactions to it :)

Congratulations. Very cool album from what I saw of it
    This will only take a while
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Got my FB account blocked again for a month for telling a Trump troll to kill themselves. They have no right to hurt feelings. They need to be in mental hospitals away from internet access instead of keeping me away from friends and family for their selfish Nazi reasons. They're domestic terrorists, plain and simple.
  • Options
    So.. ( just a thought) your telling someone they should kill themselves is somehow better? I think that was just as detrimental as anything they might have said. ( not trying to start any arguments.. but that was a critically harsh statement, as is calling folks domestic terrorists because they believe differently than you might. )
  • Options
    Then again.. things like this is why I permanently deleted my account.. too many folks think everyone needs to know their opinion on EVERYTHING.. ( and YES.. I was one of the worst offenders there). Facebook is detrimental to intelligence.. period.
  • Options
    So yesterday was a great day.. because I finally sat down and told my family that I am going back to school to re-certify in horse training, and get certified in dog training. ( this will be round two in this education field.)
    For the first time ever... they agreed. All my life, I was told this field wasn't a "real" profession; it was a "pipe dream", not a job. But last night.. they finally admitted that this is my gift.. and that I SHOULD do what I love for a living.
    So all in all.. a great day!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

So.. ( just a thought) your telling someone they should kill themselves is somehow better? I think that was just as detrimental as anything they might have said. ( not trying to start any arguments.. but that was a critically harsh statement, as is calling folks domestic terrorists because they believe differently than you might. )

Yeah, I can't imagine ever getting to that point to recommend suicide.

And YES to going for your dream. My dad always told me that if you love the work you do, it isn't really work.

Many of us pulling for you on this, Tree :)