WEED is legal in Massachusetts 12/15/2016

ski-bumski-bum Posts: 1,012
edited December 2016 in The Porch
So um...........
I forgot what I was going to say!
9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
Post edited by ski-bum on

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Congrats! Enjoy the dank taste of freedom.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • ski-bum said:

So um...........
    I forgot what I was going to say!

Fukn funny. I was lafn reading this
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Still not legal to buy it yet though.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    I'm out in LA this week, thought it was available recreationally ... nope

Not til 2018

No worries though ;)

Every freeway, street stinks of it
  • jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 136
    Well, I hear you & I agree with your sentiments, but I can't see THIS thread open too much longer...But while we still can, isn't NH the only state in NE where you CAN'T??
  • ski-bumski-bum Posts: 1,012
    Not sure why this thread would be a problem.
    Just trying to help people stay out of trouble.

Here are some of the new laws in Mass.
    1) Adults 21 and over may possess up to 1 ounce of marijuana outside of their homes.
    2) The law allows individual adults 21 and over to grow up to 6 marijuana plants at home, and up to 12 plants per household if two or more adults live in the home.
    3) Marijuana can only be legally sold in Massachusetts by a licensed retailer. But there won't be any licenses granted for at least a year, if not longer.
    4) Marijuana use remains illegal in any public place, including parks and other recreational areas, public streets and sidewalks and so forth.
    5) Just like before the law, you can't drive a car under the influence of marijuana.
    6) Workplace policies that restrict marijuana use are not superseded by the new law.
    7) The law allows a person 21 and over to give away up to 1 ounce of pot to another person who is 21 or older.
    The recreational marijuana law has no direct effect on the state's medical marijuana law, which was approved by voters in 2012.
    Hope this helps clear up some confusion.

Uh.....
    Now, What was I talking about?
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
  • Since it was decriminalized in '08, everything's been a lot more lax, however it's nice to know that there will be legal sales etc (albeit not until 2018)

I'm looking forward to having access to much better edibles.
  • like ed said in t'ride 'it's nice to be on the right side of change."
    the wave has started and we have finally won the war.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    When does neveda start opening rec shops?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

like ed said in t'ride 'it's nice to be on the right side of change."
    the wave has started and we have finally won the war.

The war is far from over
  • rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    I thought it was already legal when I walked onto the field at Fenway on August 5th.
  • rbhester said:

I thought it was already legal when I walked onto the field at Fenway on August 5th.

While I don't try to be blatant about it, I'm also not half as concerned about consuming in public since it was decriminalized.

It will be nice to be able to buy & posses it legally, but since '08 it hasn't been a big deal around here (at least not that I've noticed)
    I'M just saying, & I agree with a lot of the FACTS posted here, that this doesn't really pertain to PJ. It'll probably get closed/moved.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    ^^^ says the guy with "brownie" in his name lol
    edited December 2016
    jbrownie said:

I'M just saying, & I agree with a lot of the FACTS posted here, that this doesn't really pertain to PJ. It'll probably get closed/moved.

Have you ever been to a PJ concert in Boston?
    Ha ha, yes. I've got 4 years on you judging by your dates, & WTF, NO Mansfield shows for you? Did you just MISS that 3 night layover? LOL. :) But it's the holidays, so no hate; I'm just playing. :) (& as a native, just stick with Great Woods. Aren't they Comcast or Xfinity now?)
    Sorry, I stand corrected, because the VENUE NAME won't stand still! Great Woods, Tweeter, Comcast, XFinity, whatever. It's all country music now anyway, which is a shame. Great shed, LONG haul from anywhere, but PJ would throw down, curfew be damned, every time.
  • F great woods

If I never have to enter that parking lot again, I'll consider myself a lucky man. I loved the 3 PJ shows I've seen there (& many other great shows) but I'm done with that venue. That place sucks hard.
    jbrownie said:

Sorry, I stand corrected, because the VENUE NAME won't stand still! Great Woods, Tweeter, Comcast, XFinity, whatever. It's all country music now anyway, which is a shame. Great shed, LONG haul from anywhere, but PJ would throw down, curfew be damned, every time.

Yea, I was wondering what you were talking about.

F great woods

If I never have to enter that parking lot again, I'll consider myself a lucky man. I loved the 3 PJ shows I've seen there (& many other great shows) but I'm done with that venue. That place sucks hard.

The secret to "Mansfield" is you HAVE TO buy VIP parking. You get right out after the show. Don't tell anyone.
  • ski-bum said:

jbrownie said:

Yea, I was wondering what you were talking about.

F great woods

The secret to "Mansfield" is you HAVE TO buy VIP parking. You get right out after the show. Don't tell anyone.
    Pay MORE to go to a shitty venue? No thanks...... The parking lot is only the worst of it, the venue itself is nothing to write home about either. If I never go to another show there again I'll be a happy camper.

I'm glad PJ hasn't played there since '08, they're about the only band I'll go back there for now.