chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696

Pearl Jam - Lexington and both Wrigley shows
    Radiohead - Lollapalooza
    The Cure - Chicago
    Louis CK - Chicago Theater
    Jerry Seinfeld - Chicago Theater

Also Wilco - Grant Park Chicago
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625

RS151862 said:

1. PJ - Philly 2
    2. PJ - Ottawa
    3. Gary Clark Jr. - Pittsburgh
    4. Bruce Springsteen - Pittsburgh
    5. Deftones - Philly
    6. Dinosaur Jr - Pittsburgh
    7. EODM - Pittsburgh

Just saw Clarke Jr with his "intimate" show and he only played for 1 hr and 10 minutes. That was actually a shorter show than the Beastie Boys show I saw in Santa Barbara, never thought that would be broken...

Great show but of course I wanted more...
    I definitely would have been disappointed with 1:10 show. I saw him in a club that held about 2000 people and he played over 2 hours. I thought it was fantastic. The only other time I saw him was at a festival, and this blew that away.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Prophets of Rage. Energetic show!
    Awolnation. Because I love these guys!!!
    Thee Oh Sees @ The Bowery Ballroom
    The Weeks @ Rough Trade
    Dillinger Escape Plan @ Webster Hall This was one of the top 5 best shows I've EVER been to. Might be close to number 1 all time.
    Iron Maiden @ MSG
    Pearl Jam Philly 2. Ten Show!
    Peter Bjorn and John @ Baby's All Right
    TOTD @ MSG
    Pearl Jam Fenway 1&2

Honorable mention the four FL shows that PJ did. They were on fire to start off the tour!
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

jjflash said:

lolobugg said:

@derbydave

hey, can you copy mine from Facebook? I don't have access at work. :lol:

Here ya go, amigo.....copied and pasted from your FB....
    Glad to get to meet you at #s 8 & 1!

So my top 10 concerts of 2016.
    No more tickets in hand so I can say it now and avoid all that cheesy end of the year lists.
    Some of these bands like PJ and Diane Coffee... I saw multiples times so I am compressing them...so that I can all get them in. Otherwise PJ would probably take up at least 3 of the top 10. LOL
    10. My Morning Jacket- Asheville NC
    9. Built to Spill- Asheville NC
    8. Wilco- Chicago IL
    7. Band of Horses- Asheville NC
    6. Smashing Pumpkins- Columbus OH
    5. Hop Along & Speedy Ortiz- Asheville NC
    4. Diane Coffee- Nashville TN, Greenville SC, Asheville NC
    3. Car Seat Headrest- Asheville NC
    2. Bob Dylan- Asheville NC
    1. Pearl Jam/Temple of the Dog - in order of my faves.... Chicago IL, Greenville SC, Philadelphia PA, Columbia SC, Hampton VA, Lexington KY.
    Thanks D!!!
    There is NO Way that Dylan show was enjoyable. His voice is shot. Please explain Logan?!?
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    edited December 2016
    derbydave said:

Where's YOUR list Flash??
    #Slacker

Aiight.....here ya go :smiley: ......

1. Pearl Jam -- Lexington. This one tops my list b/c my buddy and I made the rail (& some new friends along the way). Seeing my favorite band on the front row w/o any obstruction marked a life time memory.
    2. Pearl Jam -- Wrigley 1 & 2. My favo of the two was Night 1. Great weekend w/ great friends in a great city.
    3. Band of Horses -- Birmingham. These guys are so good live. As a bonus, got to see 'em w/ my wife who doesn't like to go to many shows.
    4. Sturgill Simpson -- Birmingham. Horn section throughout the show + 'Sailor's' in its entirety?!? ::ears melted::
    5. Adele -- Nashville. Big expectations, all of which were met. Early on in the night she warned that she liked to talk a lot. She didn't lie. Very entertaining on many levels.
    6. The Record Company -- Birmingham. Catch 'em if you get a chance.
    7. Gary Clark Jr. -- Birmingham. GC's fingers are a long as my forearm. Holy smokes can he play.
    8. Wood Brothers -- Birmingham. These guys come thru town once a year and I try to catch 'em every time. One of the best live acts out there IMO
    9. David Grisman/Del McCoury -- Birmingham. Seeing Grisman play live was on my list of musical must-dos. Prob the sixth or seventh time seeing Del. Two musical icons sharing the stage in their golden years = must see T.V.
    10. Taj Mahal Trio -- Birmingham. Blues with a feeling.

As an honorable mention, and really should slide in somewhere around #7, is Xylouris White. These guys opened up for Kurt Vile and were absolutely mesmerizing.
    Post edited by jjflash on
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Dead and Company Alpine Valley
    Wrigley 1
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Nobody caught a TOOL show in January?

TOOL in St Louis would be on my list of top 10 shows this year.
    Of course PJ @ Wrigley x2....

I love Tool but they play for 90 minutes and have no new material since 2006
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

lolobugg said:

jjflash said:

lolobugg said:

@derbydave

hey, can you copy mine from Facebook? I don't have access at work. :lol:

Here ya go, amigo.....copied and pasted from your FB....
    Glad to get to meet you at #s 8 & 1!

So my top 10 concerts of 2016.
    No more tickets in hand so I can say it now and avoid all that cheesy end of the year lists.
    Some of these bands like PJ and Diane Coffee... I saw multiples times so I am compressing them...so that I can all get them in. Otherwise PJ would probably take up at least 3 of the top 10. LOL
    10. My Morning Jacket- Asheville NC
    9. Built to Spill- Asheville NC
    8. Wilco- Chicago IL
    7. Band of Horses- Asheville NC
    6. Smashing Pumpkins- Columbus OH
    5. Hop Along & Speedy Ortiz- Asheville NC
    4. Diane Coffee- Nashville TN, Greenville SC, Asheville NC
    3. Car Seat Headrest- Asheville NC
    2. Bob Dylan- Asheville NC
    1. Pearl Jam/Temple of the Dog - in order of my faves.... Chicago IL, Greenville SC, Philadelphia PA, Columbia SC, Hampton VA, Lexington KY.
    Thanks D!!!
    There is NO Way that Dylan show was enjoyable. His voice is shot. Please explain Logan?!?
    Chris, it was amazing. Playing theaters has really helped him sound a lot better. The last 2 years of shows have been some of the best that I have ever heard him sound in concert. My first concert was in 1995. He doesn't play guitar anymore. Just piano and harmonica. My only complaint was he played one too many Sinatra covers but other than that, the setlist was superb. It's not everyday that I get to see a Nobel Laureate.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

RS151862 said:

1. PJ - Philly 2
    2. PJ - Ottawa
    5. Deftones - Philly
    7. EODM - Pittsburgh

Just saw Clarke Jr with his "intimate" show and he only played for 1 hr and 10 minutes. That was actually a shorter show than the Beastie Boys show I saw in Santa Barbara, never thought that would be broken...

I saw Gary play 2 hours at the Borgata with a half empty crowd... I thought he killed it
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    jjflash said:

derbydave said:

Where's YOUR list Flash??
    #Slacker
    Aiight.....here ya go :smiley: ......

1. Pearl Jam -- Lexington. This one tops my list b/c my buddy and I made the rail (& some new friends along the way). Seeing my favorite band on the front row w/o any obstruction marked a life time memory.
    2. Pearl Jam -- Wrigley 1 & 2. My favo of the two was Night 1. Great weekend w/ great friends in a great city.
    3. Band of Horses -- Birmingham. These guys are so good live. As a bonus, got to see 'em w/ my wife who doesn't like to go to many shows.
    4. Sturgill Simpson -- Birmingham. Horn section throughout the show + 'Sailor's' in its entirety?!? ::ears melted::
    5. Adele -- Nashville. Big expectations, all of which were met. Early on in the night she warned that she liked to talk a lot. She didn't lie. Very entertaining on many levels.
    6. The Record Company -- Birmingham. Catch 'em if you get a chance.
    7. Gary Clark Jr. -- Birmingham. GC's fingers are a long as my forearm. Holy smokes can he play.
    8. Wood Brothers -- Birmingham. These guys come thru town once a year and I try to catch 'em every time. One of the best live acts out there IMO
    9. David Grisman/Del McCoury -- Birmingham. Seeing Grisman play live was on my list of musical must-dos. Prob the sixth or seventh time seeing Del. Two musical icons sharing the stage in their golden years = must see T.V.
    10. Taj Mahal Trio -- Birmingham. Blues with a feeling.

The Record Company are playing Asheville next year. I will have to check them out.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    sorry i'm going over 10

1. Temple of the Dog- 11/4@ The Tower Theater (no one didn't really know what to expect and they didn't disappoint)
    2. Pearl Jam- 4/28@ Wells Fargo Center (slightly better the the "Ten" show, better setlist, IMO)
    3. Band of Horses- 5/21 in Wilmington, DE (show was announced a few weeks beforehand and a few months before the album came out. Despite a few A-holes in the coupke hundred seeated auditorium, awesome show and we heard 8 songs off the album!)
    4. Pearl Jam- 4/29@ Wells Fargo Center (Ten show :smiley: )
    5. Bruce Springsteen- 9/7@ Citizens Bank Park (First time seeing him and he didn't disappoint. Over 4 hours of pretty much non stop rock)
    6. Wilco- 6/4@ The Mann Music Center
    7. Foals- 10/31@ Electric Factory (great show, thought they might do something special cause it was Halloween, but no)
    8. The Last Shadow Puppets- 4/10@ Union Transfer (First time seeing them, fun/good show)
    9. Jim James- 11/18@ The Fillmore
    10. RNDM- 3/9@ The Foundry
    11. BRMC/Death From Above 1979- 11/7@ The Fillmore
    12. Pearl Jam- 5/2@ Madison Square Garden
    13. Band of Horses- 9/24@ The Fillmore
    14. Peter Bjorn & John- 9/23@ The Troc
    16. Eagles of Death Metal- 5/13@ The Chameleon Club (Lancaster, PA)
    15. Jagwar Ma- 11/11@ The Foundry
    16. Garbage- 7/30@ The Fillmore

*saw 24 shows
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    Happy to see all the BoH love because I get to see them again on Wednesday. I'll do my list after that. Jim James tomorrow as well.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    It is hard to rate the shows , but I will list in chronological order.
    Boz Scaggs (Wilbur Theater / Boston )
    Robin Trower (Wilbur )
    PJ MSG 1 and 2
    Bad Co and Joe Walsh (Jones Beach )
    Sting and Peter Gabriel (DCU Center Worcester )
    Jane's Addiction ( Blue Hills Boston )
    Joe Walsh (Hampton Beach )
    PJ Fenway 1 and 2
    Tony Bennett with Stevie Wonder/Lady Gaga /Andre Bocelli and others (Radio City Music Hall ) airs on NBC Dec 20.
    ELO (Radio City )
    TOTD ( 1 and2 Philly )
    Stevie Wonder shows up at my Philly hotel piano bar and plays over an hour. Less than 10 people were there . Great time
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Ummmm...

1. TOTD-Night 2 Seattle
    2. FTM-Night 2 Seattle
    3. Guns N Roses-Seattle
    4. TOTD-Night 1 tied with FTM Night 1

that's all i can remember right now...I have to check my list
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    Only went to 8 shows:

PJ-Hampton, VA.
    PJ-Columbia, S.C.
    PJ-Philly 1& 2
    PJ-NY 1& 2
    PJ-Fenway-2
    TOTD-Tower Theater-2
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited December 2016

I only hit up 8 shows this year, so here's the best I can do to rank them.

1. Pearl Jam - Wrigley I, Chicago
    2. Pearl Jam - Wrigley II, Chicago
    3. Letters to Cleo - Double Door, Chicago
    4. Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa - Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow
    5. RNDM - Rock & Roll Hotel, Wash DC
    6. Steely Dan (w/Steve Winwood opening) - First Niagara Pavilion, Pittsburgh
    7. The Infamous Stringdusters - National, Richmond
    8. Pearl Jam - Hampton Coliseum

I forgot a show...
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    pj philly night 1
    pj toronto night 1
    bruce springsteen river tour feb toronto
    steve wilson (of porqupine tree) massey hall surprise show of the year
    conner oberst december massey hall
    pj quebec city may 5th
    ray lamontagne july (my morning jacket as back up band) artpark lewiston n.y.
    noel gallagher july artpark lewiston n.y.
    silversun pickups october danforth music hall
    pj toronto night 2
    tragically hip air canada centre friday show
    lampedusa with steve earl ,emmylou harris, robert plant, the milk carton kids, ron sexsmith and daniel lanois massey hall october
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Wrigley 1. Only show of the year and first PJ show!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    1. Pearl Jam (Jacksonville)
    2. NOLA Jazzfest: Pearl Jam, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Galactic, Anders Osborne
    3. Pearl Jam (Ft. Lauderdale)
    4. Pearl Jam (Miami)
    5. JJ Grey & Mofro (Thomasville, GA)
    6. Jason Isbell w/ Shovels and Rope (St. Augustine, FL)
    7. Southern South Assembly (JJ Grey, Luther Dickinson, Anders Osborne, Marc Broussard)
    8. Alabama Shakes
    9. Deftones w/ Refused (Baltimore, MD)
    10. Peter Frampton
    HM Sauce Boss
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I attended 27 shows this year, all were great but some shined more than others:
    1. Green Day at the Palladium-Huge Band, Small venue, took my neice as a 17th birthday gift, INCREDIBLE SHOW
    2. Pearl Jam -MSG 1-Closest I've ever been to the stage, made a few new friends, nabbed some picks and gave them out to people who weren't lucky enough to get one.
    3. Bad Religion at the Palladium-Any time I see these guys at the Palladium, it is ALWAYS amazing!
    4. Bad Religion at the Observatory in Santa Ana - Met what I can only describe as my Concert Soulmate at this show, awesome gal who (along with her son) have been to about 90% of the shows I've gone to for the past decade, it was crazy realizing we were at so many of the same shows over the years! Spent the night up against the rails keeping the moshers from crushing her and her son.
    5. KROQ Weenie Roast- Red Hot Chili Peppers canceled, which sucked BUT we got bonus band Blink 182, and this was the first time I heard Panic at the Disco's cover of Bohemian Rhapsody, which I could only describe as Surrealistically AMAZING! It started when I was in the bathroom and there was this harmonic dischord of voices, sober AND drunk, able to sing and not, singing along, as did I. I walked back to where we were sitting, singing the whole time, looking left and right as everyone sang in their own way, good and bad. I got back to my group as I sang along to that last "Anywhere the wind blows....". My friends said DUDE YOU MISSED THE WHOLE THING! I countered, dudes... I just walked through a freaking music video!!!!

Other shows I caught included Almost Acoustic Christmas, Rancid, Flogging Molly, Pennywise, The Interrupters, Mana and of course Temple of the Dog, but those were my top five!
    "If I knew where it was, I would take you there!"
    2006-LA2
    2009-Universal City 2
    2010-MSG 1
    2013-San Diego/LA 1&2/Oakland/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/Seattle
    2014-Denver/Bridge School Benefit 1
    2015-Mexico City
    2016-MSG 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, EV-Ohana Fest, TOTD LA
  • Options
    I think I will add Green Day to my 2017 list
    Verbasan said:

I attended 27 shows this year, all were great but some shined more than others:
    1. Green Day at the Palladium-Huge Band, Small venue, took my neice as a 17th birthday gift, INCREDIBLE SHOW
    2. Pearl Jam -MSG 1-Closest I've ever been to the stage, made a few new friends, nabbed some picks and gave them out to people who weren't lucky enough to get one.
    3. Bad Religion at the Palladium-Any time I see these guys at the Palladium, it is ALWAYS amazing!
    4. Bad Religion at the Observatory in Santa Ana - Met what I can only describe as my Concert Soulmate at this show, awesome gal who (along with her son) have been to about 90% of the shows I've gone to for the past decade, it was crazy realizing we were at so many of the same shows over the years! Spent the night up against the rails keeping the moshers from crushing her and her son.
    5. KROQ Weenie Roast- Red Hot Chili Peppers canceled, which sucked BUT we got bonus band Blink 182, and this was the first time I heard Panic at the Disco's cover of Bohemian Rhapsody, which I could only describe as Surrealistically AMAZING! It started when I was in the bathroom and there was this harmonic dischord of voices, sober AND drunk, able to sing and not, singing along, as did I. I walked back to where we were sitting, singing the whole time, looking left and right as everyone sang in their own way, good and bad. I got back to my group as I sang along to that last "Anywhere the wind blows....". My friends said DUDE YOU MISSED THE WHOLE THING! I countered, dudes... I just walked through a freaking music video!!!!

Other shows I caught included Almost Acoustic Christmas, Rancid, Flogging Molly, Pennywise, The Interrupters, Mana and of course Temple of the Dog, but those were my top five!

• Options

RS151862 said:

1. PJ - Philly 2
    2. PJ - Ottawa
    5. Deftones - Philly
    7. EODM - Pittsburgh

Mark Lanegan's Boston show in June was only around 70 minutes....... It was only $30.00, but still...... 70 minutes was some serious blue balls.
    my2hands said:

Nobody caught a TOOL show in January?

TOOL in St Louis would be on my list of top 10 shows this year.
    Of course PJ @ Wrigley x2....

I love Tool but they play for 90 minutes and have no new material since 2006
    I mentioned prior in this thread, I saw them in Tempe in 2015...... It was my tenth time seeing them, and I figured it would be the last for these very same reasons you mentioned, but it was mind blowing....... again. (it helped that they opened w/ No Quarter)

I won't travel to see them like I will PJ, but I will try to see them when I get the chance, they've never disappointed me in the 10 shows I've seen them (& At least 3-4 of those shows have more or less been the same set - the visuals, and pleasure of seeing Danny Carey play live are always worth the ticket price for me) .
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    ^^^No Quarter into The Grudge was mindblowing! Danny's drum solo with the visuals was the best I've ever seen.....and I'm not a fan of drum solos.

Pretty sure they played about 2 hours, if I remember right.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options

^^^No Quarter into The Grudge was mindblowing! Danny's drum solo with the visuals was the best I've ever seen.....and I'm not a fan of drum solos.

Pretty sure they played about 2 hours, if I remember right.

Their set is typically 2 hours long w/ at least 15 minutes of 'intermission' type breaks worked in between a couple of songs, so I figure they play an actual 1:40 - 1:45 at most shows. (Just gong off memory here, I haven't researched)

NQ into the Grudge was awesome (despite the break in between & shitty vocals to start Grudge) - then they tore into Parabol/Parabola which I hadn't heard live in 10 years or so..... yeah, that was as good a show as I've ever seen.

I get why a lot of people are over them, or just not bothering until the new stuff comes out, but every time I see them live I'm reminded of why I keep coming back. They are one of the best IMO.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    1. Ween - Broomfield, CO
    2. Pearl Jam - Lexington, KY
    3. Pearl Jam - Fenway Park 2
    4. Pearl Jam - Columbia, SC
    5. My Morning Jacket - Austin, TX
    6. Dave Rawlings Machine - Austin, TX
    7. Jason Isbell - Austin, TX
    8. Joe Pug - Austin, TX
    9. Band of Horses - Austin, TX
    10. Milk Carton Kids - Driftwood, TX
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJ - Wrigley 1
    PJ - Rupp Arena, Lexington KY
    Band of Horses - Cleveland Masonic Auditorium, Cleveland OH
    Alice In Chains - Packard Music Hall, Warren OH
    Chris Cornell - Murat Theater, Indianapolis
    Car Seat Headrest - Rock Hall, Cleveland OH
    Korn/Rob Zombie - River Bend, Cincinnati OH
    Opeth - Goodyear Theater, Akron OH

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    1. Fenway 2
    2. MSG 1
    3. Fenway 1
    4. MSG 2
    5. Sigur Ros @ Kings Theater Brooklyn
    6. Bon Iver @ Pioneer Works Brooklyn night 3
    7. Bon Iver @ Kings Theater Brooklyn night 2
    8. Bruce Spingsteen Barclays Center night 2
    9. Garth Brooks Yankee Stadium night 2
    10. Andrew Bird Kings Theater
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 645
    edited December 2016
    Top 10 really (12)

1. Pearl Jam Fenway N2
    2. Pearl Jam Fenway N1
    3. TOTD Philly N2
    4. Guns n Roses Foxborough N1
    5. Prophets of Rage Mansfield
    6. Tie - Iggy Pop Boston & Dinosaur Jr.
    Pawtucket
    7. Eagles of Death Metal Providence
    8. The Buzzcocks Boston
    9. Descendents Boston
    10 . Tie - Chris Cornell Worcester & Glen
    Hansard Boston

Honorable Mentions:

RNDM Allston
    Esme Patterson Allston
    -X- Allston
    Cheap Trick Mansfield
    Joan Jett Mansfield
    Heart Mansfield
    AIC Boston
    BHIC Boston
    GZA Allston
    Eagles of Death Metal Boston
    Banks and Steelz Cambridge
    Kiefer Sutherland Band Allston
    Dinosaur Jr. and Buffalo Tom - Boston
    Kurt Vile and The Violators - Boston

Also saw but was unimpressed:

Dead and Company - Fenway N2
    EPMD Cambridge
    St. Paul and The Broken Bones Providence
    Post edited by DL136722 on
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    1. PJ (Ft. L, Miami, Columbia, MSG, Wrigley)
    2. BHIC (Ryman)
    3. Mumford and Sons
    4. Bastille
    5. Coldplay
    6. Jim James
    7. Moon Taxi
    8. Jason Isbell
    9. Civil Twilight
    10. Had tickets to Prophets of Rage and TOTD and couldn't make either
  • Options
    PunkerSXEPunkerSXE Detroit, MI Posts: 21
    edited December 2016
    PJ MSG #1
    PJ Fenway #2
    Caught both the Guns n Roses tour and the Axl/DC tour, both phenomenal
    ICP on Halloween, their best HW show in YEARS.
    Saw Babymetal for the first time, quite the experience.
    Small venue shows for Scott H Biram and the Goddamn Gallows.
    Gogol Bordello is always an experience, although the Gypsy Punk cd Anniversary tour wasn't as great as I imagined it would be.

1996: Toledo
    1998: Auburn Hills
    2000: Auburn Hills
    2014: Detroit
    2016: MSG 1; Fenway 2