*** TOTD Seattle, WA 1 & 2 Fanviews Here ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited November 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
Temple of the Dog
Paramount Theater
Seattle, WA
Nov. 20 - 21, 2016

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 181
    Setlist?
  • No surprises / awesome show and worth the trip from NY.

Say Hello 2 Heaven
    Wooden Jesus
    Call Me a Dog
    Your Saviour
    Stardog Champion (Mother Love Bone cover)
    Stargazer (Mother Love Bone cover)
    Seasons (Chris Cornell song)
    Jump Into the Fire (Harry Nilsson cover)
    Four Walled World
    I'm a Mover (Free cover)
    Pushin Forward Back
    Hunger Strike (Crowd Sings EV's Part)
    Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) (Jimi Hendrix cover)
    Heartshine (Mother Love Bone cover)
    River of Deceit (Mad Season cover)
    Holy Roller (Mother Love Bone cover)
    Reach Down

Encore:
    Man of Golden Words / Comfortably Numb (Mother Love Bone cover)
    Baby Lemonade (Syd Barrett cover)
    Times of Trouble
    Achilles Last Stand (Led Zeppelin cover)
    Holy Holy (David Bowie cover)
    Fascination Street (The Cure cover)
    War Pigs (Black Sabbath cover)

Encore 2:
    All Night Thing
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • Great show. Paramount a beautiful venue and sound is awesome. Mike fuckin shredded. One more to go :)
  • Eddie tomorrow? :O
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    edited November 2016
    I think Eddie knows that Him showing will be distracting to what this is all about. I mean if he didn't show at msg or night 1 Seattle he ain't coming. I don't see why everyone is so worried if he shows he sang back up on one song. Totd has a lot more to offer then hunger strike. I read some people left after that song that is just a shame.
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    The last show really is where Eddie should show, if he shows at all. Temple of the Dog plays an amazing set and anyone would be thrilled to experience that. By not having Eddie, it is much better to not hear the crowd chant for him and take away from the other musicians and the vibe. It's an Andrew Wood show in a sense. But this band always has a great surprise guest for big moments. Move Hungerstrike to the last song, and have Eddie come out and blow the f**king roof off the Parsmount.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Great show. Love the Paramount. Great sound. Of course I would have loved for Ed to be there, but Hunger Strike with the crowd singing kind of gave me chills. People really left after that song? Thats insane. Mike's solo during Reach Down is just ridiculous.

The only negative for me was I had a nightmare of a lady sitting behind me. I was in MF2 about 20 rows back. During Stargazer she kept screaming "F*ck Xana" and "Xana is a bitch" over and over and over. Even after the song was over and Chris was talking to the crowd. "F*ck Xana.......f*ck Xana". Screaming it at the top of her lungs. After about the 40th time I turned around and told her "Xana is a b*tch and so are you! STFU!!!!" She then pivoted to "You are a dick". Same cadence and volume. Over and over and over. "You are a dick.......You are a dick......FU". Rinse repeat for a good 20-30 mins.

At this point a lot of other people had told her to STFU. The people behind her left the show. She pivoted again to "That girls a b*tch" about someone else who told her to zip it. Repeat of above 20-30x for about 30 minutes. Then the security guard told her she couldn't stand in the aisle anymore. Then it was "I CANT SEE" over and over to close out the show.

Morale of the story. Just be a good person at the show like 99% of the people are. It really takes a special skill to ruin experiences for others like that.

• WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,249

Eddie tomorrow? :O

Why all this " is Eddie gonna show up". No he's not, and take it for what it is.....
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I'm feeling pretty happy, riding a high from last night. Highlights for me were Pushing Forward Back, River of Deceit, and War Pigs. Was on Stone's side. He seemed to having a great time. Fantastic night. Still digesting what we all were part of.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849

Great show. Love the Paramount. Great sound. Of course I would have loved for Ed to be there, but Hunger Strike with the crowd singing kind of gave me chills. People really left after that song? Thats insane. Mike's solo during Reach Down is just ridiculous.

The only negative for me was I had a nightmare of a lady sitting behind me. I was in MF2 about 20 rows back. During Stargazer she kept screaming "F*ck Xana" and "Xana is a bitch" over and over and over. Even after the song was over and Chris was talking to the crowd. "F*ck Xana.......f*ck Xana". Screaming it at the top of her lungs. After about the 40th time I turned around and told her "Xana is a b*tch and so are you! STFU!!!!" She then pivoted to "You are a dick". Same cadence and volume. Over and over and over. "You are a dick.......You are a dick......FU". Rinse repeat for a good 20-30 mins.

At this point a lot of other people had told her to STFU. The people behind her left the show. She pivoted again to "That girls a b*tch" about someone else who told her to zip it. Repeat of above 20-30x for about 30 minutes. Then the security guard told her she couldn't stand in the aisle anymore. Then it was "I CANT SEE" over and over to close out the show.

Morale of the story. Just be a good person at the show like 99% of the people are. It really takes a special skill to ruin experiences for others like that.

Terrible behaviour from a 'fan'. Just awful. Sorry you and those around you had to experience that.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • These shows aren't about Ed.......Its about Andy.

Why all this " is Eddie gonna show up". No he's not, and take it for what it is.....
    How do you know he won't show up tonight? The Seattle Times said a prior family commitment kept him from joining the group last night but it didn't say it would keep him from tonight as well. I'd say it's 50/50.
  • JA235038JA235038 Posts: 11
    edited November 2016
    Here's a thought...perhaps Eddie Vedder performing with Temple of the Dog on this current tour, including Seattle, will have a negative impact on future TOTD tour ticket sales. I can imagine some fans could feel slighted if Ed isn't scheduled to sing with the band in their respective town in the future, assuming there will be more shows. I loved the band's performance entirely, but I did sense the elephant in the theatre.
    Post edited by JA235038 on
    1995: 1/15
    1996: 9/24
    1998: 6/14, 8/29, 9/18
    2000: 8/3, 9/4
    2003: 7/1, 7/5 & 7/6
    2006: 5/27 & 5/28, 5/30
    2009: 10/28 & 10/31
    2010: 5/13
    2011: 9/3 & 9/4
    2012: 9/2, 9/30
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Eddie was at the Seahawks game yesterday with Bradley cooper. After last night it was clear Eddie didn't need to be there, if course it would be cool but when I bought my tickets I paid to see those five guys play 10 songs. They executed that incredibly and on top of that played another 15 tracks much of which I would never hear from artists that should hold that torch to play them (MLB and Mad Season). Hearing Hey Baby was also so special. I'm a youngin and wasn't even around when the album dropped but I've been listening to it daily for about 5 years now, and I am beyond lucky to have been able to see the show it was fantastic. McCready being one of my favourite guitar players was just a monster last night, I've had tickets for 3 Pearl Jam shows and missed all of them so to finally see him crush it was breathtaking. The whole band seemed to really be enjoying themselves the only thing that was I guess the only part that could've been better was Cornell seemed a little off for the first two and a half songs, I can't complain though.... Did anyone see Mike throw his guitar then kick it after Four Walled World. The solo was wicked he seemed so into it just full of rage, did something go wrong? Is that just how he plays it? Thanks, hope all enjoyed!
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408

Great show. Love the Paramount. Great sound. Of course I would have loved for Ed to be there, but Hunger Strike with the crowd singing kind of gave me chills. People really left after that song? Thats insane. Mike's solo during Reach Down is just ridiculous.

Who is Xana?
  • JOEJOEJOE said:

Who is Xana?
    Stargazer and Chloe Dancer was written about her. She was Andrew Wood's girlfriend. Before TOTD was a band, Chris made a few of the TOTD songs for her, after Andy died. Stone heard the songs when he visited Xana, and he then went on to ask Cornell if they could record them together.

Xana has in recent years had an argument with Cornell, and called him a chode recently. Then she apologized in a backhanded way on her blog.
  • NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761

Holy shit! what a bad break to be in front of her. Its always amazing how one person can ruin things.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • ND260106ND260106 Posts: 101
    I came all the way from Australia for this show and was worth every second. Absolutely loved it!
    Could list all the highlights but what i took out of it was how incredible the Mother love Bones songs sounded!!!
    At it again tonight. Cant wait!!
    PJ
    2006 - Melbourne - Nov. 16
    2009 - Melbourne - Nov. 20
    2013 - LA Nov. 24 / Oakland - Nov. 26 / Portland Nov. 29 / Vancouver Dec. 4
    2014 - Melbourne - Jan. 24
    2018 - Boston - Sep. 2 / Boston Sep. 4
    EV
    2011 - Melbourne - Mar. 24
    2014 - Melbourne - Feb. 16 / Melbourne - Feb. 18
    TOTD
    2016 - Seattle - Nov. 21 / Seattle Nov. 22

Not going to any of the shows. Don't need to take anything "for what it is".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • What time did Temple of the Dog take the stage last night? There was an opening act I assume?
  • VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 222
    ShaunPope said:

What time did Temple of the Dog take the stage last night? There was an opening act I assume?

9:15-ish Yes, Fantastic Negrito. They went on around 8pm.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,604
    Vikkivale said:

ShaunPope said:

What time did Temple of the Dog take the stage last night? There was an opening act I assume?

...and I enjoyed them very much. Great opener for Temple! People should check them out.

I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • PJammin' said:

Vikkivale said:

ShaunPope said:

...and I enjoyed them very much. Great opener for Temple! People should check them out.

Agree with PJammin' (not unusual)... Fantastic Negrito is definitely a worthy opener!
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Thank you Karen from 10c for the very unexpected upgrade. What a night and what a tour this has been. So unexpected and filled with a lot of love. Stone was pretty choked up at the end. Such a wonderful few weeks in the middle of a very complicated time in the world. :)
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    For tonight's show there was no guests either, I felt it was a much better show, I also had better seats so might be biased. The set was in a bit of a different order but was pretty much the same instead of Holy Holy though they played Quicksand and instead of Baby Lemonade they did Missing. Cornell didn't chat nearly as much tonight, I think he didn't want to repeat the same comments as last night for the fans who went to both. McCready also threw his guitar again after Four Walled World. The band seemed extremely tight tonight!
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • superj72superj72 Posts: 129

Terrible behaviour from a 'fan'. Just awful. Sorry you and those around you had to experience that.
    She was a disgusting little runt. Didn't actually have a ticket for that row - just bumped in with friends who were telling her to be quiet. My wife and I were directly behind her. During the Encore I told her to stfu up and she started complaining that she was 5'3". I told her that's lovely and that personally goes a long way. She told her friends the people behind her were a-holes and left.
    She's out there somewhere hating her life right now...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

PJammin' said:

Vikkivale said:

ShaunPope said:

Agree with PJammin' (not unusual)... Fantastic Negrito is definitely a worthy opener!
    Yeah he's really good...saw him open for Cornell on his solo tour
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • superj72 said:

She was a disgusting little runt. Didn't actually have a ticket for that row - just bumped in with friends who were telling her to be quiet. My wife and I were directly behind her. During the Encore I told her to stfu up and she started complaining that she was 5'3". I told her that's lovely and that personally goes a long way. She told her friends the people behind her were a-holes and left.
    She's out there somewhere hating her life right now...
    Runt is a very appropriate, and nicer, way to describe her. Thats the one! The kind of person that makes me lose faith in humanity. Wherever she is today I'm confident she is miserable and complaining in that high pitched whiney voice.

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Four Walled World was ridiculous last night! Mike was definitely on fire at the Seattle shows. Noticed him throwing the guitar after Four Walled World, then going back to retrieve it for his tech :giggle:

MVP definitely goes to Matt. The more I see Matt, the more I'm convinced that Pearl Jam songs are just child's play for him. Holy smokes, what he can do on the drum kit.

Feel so blessed to have been at the shows. They have felt like a joyous celebration. Nice to hear the boys play some different tunes that Chris's singing allowed for.
  • Was it just me or was Chris Cornell hitting notes during these shows that he hasn't been hitting for at least a decade? Cornell IMO was just at a different level during these Seattle shows. It sounded like early-mid 90's Cornell.