Andrew Wood Ex-GF Not Happy with TOTD Reunion

pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
http://exclaim.ca/music/article/temple_of_the_dog_reunion_blasted_by_andrew_wood_girlfriend

Reunited Pearl Jam/Soundgarden offshoot Temple of the Dog just hit the road for their first-ever tour, and though plenty of grunge fanatics are happy to see the Seattle outfit on the road, the girlfriend of late Mother Love Bone vocalist Andrew Wood isn't as happy with the band's latest moves.

While Temple of the Dog were originally formed in tribute to Wood, who passed away at age 24 back in 1990, his former partner and muse Xana La Fuente isn't at all pleased with the current state of the reunion. On her personal website, she ripped Chris Cornell for both his recent Temple of the Dog performances and handling of the reunion, calling him a "chode" in alleging he never gave her songwriting credit and took a number of Wood's belongings following his death. Not to mention the fact that he's "suffering from Alzheimer's."

"Every day lately I get messages regarding this tour. People asking if I have extra tickets. Asking to interview me and 'talk about my feeling.' Well I am sick to death of all of it and just want it and The Mustache with his shitty lame rendition of a song about ME to GO AWAY," she wrote. "It's bad enough he never gave me credit for partial lyrics I wrote in the chorus to 'Times of Trouble.' I have literal proof of this in copyrighted poems I was sent and that were sent to me by a friend in prison."

She continued: "Let's think about why the Temple of the Dog songs were written. Were they not written to console me and others over the loss of Andy? Chris gave me a cassette of songs and told me 'these are for you about Andy.' Then Jeff and Stoney heard them...they asked Chris about the songs and went on to record them, with the (broken) promise that all the money would go to charity. That of course, never happened."

Mother Love Bone was formed by ex-Green River members Jeff Ament, Bruce Fairweather and Stone Gossard, along with frontman Andrew Wood and Greg Gilmore. Ament and Gossard would go on to play in both Temple of the Dog, formed by Cornell in reaction to Wood's overdose-related death in 1990.

La Fuente wrote, "It's bad enough he took all MY BELONGINGS...Andy's lyric books, and all his stuff were in an apt. that only I paid the rent and all the other bills on, he had not worked for years. I was the one working for years to make sure he could stay home and write. I was the one who didn't drink with him, didn't smoke pot with him and certainly did not shoot heroin with him and in fact tried to get all of these guys including Chris, Stone, Jeff, the 'management and his 'family' to LISTEN TO ME and they did not."

In response to Cornell's recent inclusion of "Stargazer" — whose lyrics La Fuente said he forgot — on the tour setlist, La Fuente wrote: "This rendition of a song written for me is not only a slap in the face to me, but it's a slap in the face to Andy. He wrote it for me, so hey Mustache, if your going to sing it-sing it right or don't sing it at all!"

You can watch the band's performance of "Stargazer" below.

In related news, Mother Love Bone were recently celebrated with On Earth as It Is, a new box set out on UMC/Stardog Records. You can learn more about that release here.

UPDATE (11/08, 4:45 p.m. EST): La Fuente has since issued an apology to Cornell and for her original, now-deleted post. You can read her full apology here.

Thanks to Alternative Nation for the tip.

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    alternative nation is a click bait hack news site.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    kramer73 said:

yeah they just acknowledged them for the apology follow up
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    pjalive21 said:

kramer73 said:

Heads up OP - mods already shut down this story last week. This won't last long.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    kramer73 said:

kramer73 said:

Yep,they've gone trash. Hardly any music news now. It's too bad, they used to be a pretty good resource
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I would imagine things were pretty kaotic back in those days with her, the music, the drugs, and the money.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Wasn't it Jeff & Stone who together pitched in $50,000 and purchased a new trailer for Andy's Mom? Did she contribute towards that cause?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    LOL..."The Mustache'"...Sounds like some character off of Grease...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

pjalive21 said:

kramer73 said:

Heads up OP - mods already shut down this story last week. This won't last long.
    oh no clue...my bad...i wondered why it wasn't already on here

i found her reaction to be extremely in poor taste
    100 Pacer said:

Wasn't it Jeff & Stone who together pitched in $50,000 and purchased a new trailer for Andy's Mom? Did she contribute towards that cause?

yeah they did a lot for the family if i recall
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    That was not an apology. That was a hugely long chatter that loops so far off track that you barely remember what the topic at hand was.

I wish her well.

But, I agree. IBTL. And OP, I know that you didn't know.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by StevieG on
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    cjzoly said:

LOL..."The Mustache'"...Sounds like some character off of Grease...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MXL1sXLtDU
    This weekend we rock Portland
This discussion has been closed.