R.I.P. Leon Russell

sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
We lost another great musical talent yesterday - Leon Russell.
Thank God for recorded music.

Comments

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Man, that really sucks to hear. R.I.P Leon. Was thinking of going to see him at The Funky Biscuit on the 19th of November.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Been such sad times in many ways these days.

Loved loved Leon, solo and his collaborations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMH58VDxBUI
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    I was very fortunate to get to see Leon and Elton John perform together at the 2010 Bridge School Benefit concert. They played songs from their fantastic "The Union" album and they brought the house down!
  • Wow. I hadn't heard this until just reading it here.
    Brought to my attention as an 8 year old kid on Christmas morning 1971 as I opened up my Concert For Bangladesh 3 record set.
    I had never heard of the long haired wild man who kicked the concert up a notch with his amazing versions of
    Jumping Jack Flash and Youngblood.
    Rest In Peace, Mr Russell.
    My favorite Leon Russell album is "Stop All That Jazz" - check it out if you get the chance.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I got to see him live a few years ago. Good show! It's amazing the songs he played piano on. I also enjoy his album "carney." One of my fave piano pieces he did was on "day after day" by Badfinger. I also got lucky and he had his tour manager get stuff after the show for Leon to sign.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    Nice!
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    Such a drag. Leon was one of the greatest of all time.
  • The Letter Joe Cocker. Live. Very Early.____ R.I.P Leon Russell April 2, 1942 – November 13, 2016____
    With Leon Russell, Pamela Polland, Rita Coolidge. Mad Dogs And Englishmen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFHA15B8iNI&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs