Options

Songs / bands covered by PearlJam

BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,965
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Do you take more of an interest in bands? songs? covered by the band? I know since becoming a huge pearl jam fan ive closely followed and bought albums by The Who, The Ramones, Neil Young, The Boss and many fukn more. Would you agree? Theyre great fucking singers / bands all of them but i may not have given some of them another glance if it weren't for this great fucking band!

And while we're at it - what would your fave cover song by Pearl jam be?
Mine? Fuckn Up - Neil Young or Baba (The Who) Tough choice though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Melbourne #1 '98
Melbourne #2 '03
Melbourne #3 '03
Melbourne #1 '06
Melbourne #3 '06
Melbourne '09
Melbourne '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I can't say that Pearl Jam has led me to discover other bands based on them performing a cover. For the more famous/popular bands they've covered, I had already been introduced to their music. For the lesser known bands that they have covered, I haven't felt compelled to go out and buy their albums though. I do read up on why they cover a particular band's song because it's interesting to learn of PJ's influences and why PJ admires a band enough to cover their song.

My favorite cover is Sonic Reducer (Dead Boys)
  • Options
    TDMize15TDMize15 Posts: 166
    I'm actually kind of backwards in that I found Pearl Jam through The Who. I bought The Who's "Live at Royal Albert Hall", which Eddie is on... I loved his voice, so I got into Pearl Jam.
    All the rusted signs, we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead...

And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Favorite cover? That's hard.

Crown of Thorns or Crazy Mary.
    What the fuck is this world?