Best of the Vault / Bootlegs... help me pick

Which of the 6 Vault downloads are the best? Can buy maybe 2-3 right now. Is the Vegas one there the same as the bonus CD that came with Avocado?

Also a bit behind on my bootleg collection... haven't acquired many since 2006. Whats the best of 2007-2016 available for download?

Lastly, Xmas singles are only available for download since 2011 (just downloaded the last few years for the first time... I know I know). I've been in the club since 2003 - any where I can get digital versions of those singles?

Thanks in advance for the help - need to freshen up my playlists!
DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22

Comments

• I really like the Vic show from Chicago in 07 for the Vaults, but the 1998 DC show is great too. Haven't heard Vault 6 yet - I like the other setlists better but I've heard good things.

Hartford 08, Columbus 10, Vancouver 13, Milwaukee 14, Toronto 16 night 1 are among my favorite bootlegs since 07.

Happy hunting! Truth be told, you pretty much can't go wrong. Find a setlist you like and let it rip.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803
    Chicago 07
    D.C. 98
    LA 98
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394

I really like the Vic show from Chicago in 07 for the Vaults, but the 1998 DC show is great too. Haven't heard Vault 6 yet - I like the other setlists better but I've heard good things.

Hartford 08, Columbus 10, Vancouver 13, Milwaukee 14, Toronto 16 night 1 are among my favorite bootlegs since 07.

Happy hunting! Truth be told, you pretty much can't go wrong. Find a setlist you like and let it rip.

Thanks so much! I thought Hartford 08 was the black sheep of that tour (raining, crowd wasn't feeling it) - or was that Hartford 10?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I really like the Vic show from Chicago in 07 for the Vaults, but the 1998 DC show is great too. Haven't heard Vault 6 yet - I like the other setlists better but I've heard good things.

Thanks so much! I thought Hartford 08 was the black sheep of that tour (raining, crowd wasn't feeling it) - or was that Hartford 10?
    That was Hartford 2006... you can't go wrong with Hartford 2008 - 2010 - 2013.
  • Hartford 2008
    Boston 2010
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Hartford '08 was 95 degrees and 100% humidity, but no rain. It felt like being in a bathtub watching the show.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403

Which of the 6 Vault downloads are the best? Can buy maybe 2-3 right now. Is the Vegas one there the same as the bonus CD that came with Avocado?

Also a bit behind on my bootleg collection... haven't acquired many since 2006. Whats the best of 2007-2016 available for download?

Lastly, Xmas singles are only available for download since 2011 (just downloaded the last few years for the first time... I know I know). I've been in the club since 2003 - any where I can get digital versions of those singles?

My personal ranking:
    vault 3: best sounding bootleg. killer present tense. awesome setlist, absolutely love the 98 tour.
    vault 1: classic 92 pj. every song is kick ass and in your face
    vault 5: great show from 93. again, every song is kick ass and in your face. I've never been a fan of the two covers to close the show.
    vault 2: decent show but way too many rarities. To me the set list does not flow well. However if you like unique setlists with tons of rarities then this boot is for you.
    vault 4: ok show. soooooo many better shows from 2000.
    vault 6: will be delivered this week. I was at the show and it was kick ass but as a bootleg I'm not sure where it will fall since I have not listened to it yet.

my top 5 bootlegs from 09-16:
    Detroit 14
    msg night 2 2010
    Charlottesville or phoenix 13
    Fenway night 2 2016
    toronto 1, 2011
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

My personal ranking:
    vault 3: best sounding bootleg. killer present tense. awesome setlist, absolutely love the 98 tour.
    vault 5: great show from 93. again, every song is kick ass and in your face. I've never been a fan of the two covers to close the show.
    vault 2: decent show but way too many rarities. To me the set list does not flow well. However if you like unique setlists with tons of rarities then this boot is for you.
    vault 6: will be delivered this week. I was at the show and it was kick ass but as a bootleg I'm not sure where it will fall since I have not listened to it yet.

Detroit 14
    msg night 2 2010
    Fenway night 2 2016
    toronto 1, 2011
    That's Green River reunited at the of Vegas 93' - pretty badass IMO. The rest of what Green River recorded isn't that great, so at least they played their 2 best tracks!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403

mcgruff10 said:

My personal ranking:

Detroit 14
    msg night 2 2010
    Fenway night 2 2016
    toronto 1, 2011
    That's Green River reunited at the of Vegas 93' - pretty badass IMO. The rest of what Green River recorded isn't that great, so at least they played their 2 best tracks!
    Yeah I remember the 95 Christmas single well.. Cool songs but not a way to end a pj show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......