Dear Pearl Jam, we need you now more than ever (seriously).

cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 344
edited November 2016 in The Porch
May sound a little melodramatic, but that's where I (still) am this week. I'm a grown man and I'm frightened. I'll leave it there.
Post edited by cacarr1 on

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Dude the Browns will win a game. If not you've got the top pick in the draft. All will be okay.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381

Dude the Browns will win a game. If not you've got the top pick in the draft. All will be okay.

Bahahahahahaha!!!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Apparently you are not a grown man, and no, the Browns will not win a game.
  • Dude the Browns will win a game. If not you've got the top pick in the draft. All will be okay.

:rofl:
  • joseph33joseph33 Posts: 1,247
    I agree with this thread. All the great progress made in the last 8 years will be unraveled by a ginger fuck.
  • i aint had a ginger fuck for years, i must investigate. dont tell mrs chelsea48!
  • Just listen to Vs.
    It's a shame, but ain't nothing changed since then.
  • riley540riley540 Posts: 1,132
    I'm sure Trump is just going to take away gay rights, enslave blacks, and pull back women's rights.
  • riley540 said:

I'm sure Trump is just going to take away gay rights, enslave blacks, and pull back women's rights.

That's how you're interpreting people's upset? C'mon man.
    www.cluthelee.com

riley540 said:

That's how you're interpreting people's upset? C'mon man.
    Lol, i just think it was an election between two shitty choices. I don't doubt Hillary and Donald are good people, but I will never understand how they were the choices. I think the most bigoted thing through all of this is the violent riots. Smh. Gotta come together no matter who the president is
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803
    Wait, the protests to his victory were the most bigoted thing of the whole election cycle? lol

Wait, the protests to his victory were the most bigoted thing of the whole election cycle? lol

They are violent. The Clinton campaign ran on peace and unity. Bigotry at its finest

• link93link93 Posts: 410
    Conservatives thought Obama was going to be the end of the world. Obviously that wasn't the case. I doubt that even with Trumps flaws he will be the end of the world either. Bottom line is we had the choice between the 2 worst candidates in modern political history. I will give Trump benefit of the doubt until he does something to change that. I would rather put my energy into helping those around me and controlling the things I can control.
    link93 said:

Conservatives thought Obama was going to be the end of the world. Obviously that wasn't the case. I doubt that even with Trumps flaws he will be the end of the world either. Bottom line is we had the choice between the 2 worst candidates in modern political history. I will give Trump benefit of the doubt until he does something to change that. I would rather put my energy into helping those around me and controlling the things I can control.

• SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    We can mostly thank the east and south for this debacle. Hillary and Donald were well on there way to victory by the time the primary reached Illinois on march 15.

Personally i wish all primary's were on the same day. Much of the country has no say in who the candidates are. And that is the biggest problem with this election. 2 terrible choices given to us by the states with early primaries.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Sarava said:

We can mostly thank the east and south for this debacle. Hillary and Donald were well on there way to victory by the time the primary reached Illinois on march 15.

Personally i wish all primary's were on the same day. Much of the country has no say in who the candidates are. And that is the biggest problem with this election. 2 terrible choices given to us by the states with early primaries.

I'm not sure if all primaries were on the same day we would have got a different result. At a minimum though they should change up which states go first, or have at least 5 states vote on the first primary day. It is ridiculous that after three states vote (IA, NH, SC) the field is cut down to 1 or 2 candidates.
  • lbpeltzlbpeltz Posts: 110
    edited November 2016
    This is a music band. A great band at that, my favorite, ever. But this is putting an awful lot of pressure on a rock and roll band. This band and their music has helped me through some really tough times, but to ask this band to do something to help make change that benefits you and a massive group of people, is really a tough ask. Music can inspire, but their needs to be more personal accountability and action on top of that inspiration.

Can I ask seriously, what would they ideally do to help at this point?
    Post edited by lbpeltz on
  • lbpeltzlbpeltz Posts: 110
    link93 said:

Well that's rational of you.

• ski-bumski-bum Posts: 1,012
    So the Cleveland Indian fans are protesting to take away the Cubs World Series title. They knew the rules before the series but apparently they are not happy with the fair result. They could be seen holding signs saying, "Not my Champion" and "Scrub the Cubs".
    The fans are mad because the Indians scored more runs overall than the Cubs and do not feel the games won should mean more. A petition is being shared across social media to strip the title from the Cubs and award it to the Indians.
    In other news, they all received a participation trophy and were granted a day off to console their depressed friends and family.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center