Options

What an effing disaster... I need a new PJ album and tour

Comments

• Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    Isn't it ironic that all the people worried about Trumps hate call those that voted for him stupid racist and ignorant. Maybe a look in the mirror would do some good. I have no dog in the fight. Didn't care for either candidate, but I will do my best to make the world a better place by treating others with respect and love not hate. We need to come together not further divided. Like most everything the truth lies in the middle not on either extreme.
  • Options
    link93 said:

Isn't it ironic that all the people worried about Trumps hate call those that voted for him stupid racist and ignorant. Maybe a look in the mirror would do some good. I have no dog in the fight. Didn't care for either candidate, but I will do my best to make the world a better place by treating others with respect and love not hate. We need to come together not further divided. Like most everything the truth lies in the middle not on either extreme.

Saying that climate change is a (chinese) hoax and having a VP that doesn't think that smoking kills is pretty ignorant, and people voting for candidates who say that will stop the fight against climate change are pretty ignorant and stupid too.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Considering the history of political content in their music and at their shows I think this thread is in a good place

I think the new album should be titled Clown Show and pressed on orange wax
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,649
    link93 said:

That's not really ironic. Many trump voters are blatantly racist, others fearful and ignorant, and trump was able to tap into that fear with his policies that had prejudice integrated into them. Blatant manipulation by our new sex offender president. We do need to come together. Trump needs to speak daily to people carrying out bigotry in his name since the election, and the more reasonable minded trump voters need to own their collusion with a bigot and explain how they come to terms with their vote when they hear of the racism occurring since he's elected and the fear instilled in minorities now.
  • Options
    "Many Trump voters are blatantly racist"

Generalizing people based on a vote that you arent completely sure what swayed them to vote that way is just ridiculous. Sure the man himself has a lot of screws loose, but you cant act like you know that "many" are just simply racist because of one election. And it works both ways with the generalizing and making assumptions, Dem and Rep
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    edited November 2016
    N/A
    Post edited by link93 on
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    shut it down
  • Options

Generalizing people based on a vote that you arent completely sure what swayed them to vote that way is just ridiculous. Sure the man himself has a lot of screws loose, but you cant act like you know that "many" are just simply racist because of one election. And it works both ways with the generalizing and making assumptions, Dem and Rep

Being racist at worst, having no problem supporting racism at best then.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I have a feeling Eddie has written at least 3 new songs since last Tuesday... Neil Young probably wrote 30 :)

Title: Clown Show
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    my2hands said:

I have a feeling Eddie has written at least 3 new songs since last Tuesday... Neil Young probably wrote 30 :)

Probably true, but clown show doesn't fit in their catalog. Maybe Circus Act instead? That'd be a nice companion to Riot Act.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Mirrorball part 2 with a "Living With War 2" as the second disc?
  • Options
    tbergs said:

my2hands said:

Probably true, but clown show doesn't fit in their catalog. Maybe Circus Act instead? That'd be a nice companion to Riot Act.
    bravo....

Circus Act is brilliant
  • Options

my2hands said:

been listening to Living With War a lot the past week....
  • Options
    TremormanTremorman Posts: 381
    edited November 2016
    AMT should be cooking
    Post edited by Tremorman on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

been listening to Living With War a lot the past week....
    Living with War was like... exactly ten years after Mirrorball and made in i a smiliar way – banging it out fast.

Neil should have called Pearl jam for that record. That would have been a perfect follow up to Mirroball.
  • Options
    I need an album that hits me so hard I fall over, then picks me up and dusts me off
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    my2hands said:

No shows in states where Trump won! Many venues in states where he did not!!!

Delaware!!!
    which would be all of about 6 -10 states....
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    dtr0624 said:

my2hands said:

No shows in states where Trump won! Many venues in states where he did not!!!

Delaware!!!
    which would be all of about 6 -10 states....
    Just the opposite, you hit those supporting states with heavy doses of protest songs. Bring it to their doorstep. If they boo, you're hitting closer to home.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    StixumStixum Chicago, IL Posts: 32
    edited January 2017
    link93 said:

Isn't it ironic that all the people worried about Trumps hate call those that voted for him stupid racist and ignorant. Maybe a look in the mirror would do some good. I have no dog in the fight. Didn't care for either candidate, but I will do my best to make the world a better place by treating others with respect and love not hate. We need to come together not further divided.

I don't disagree - while many, many, many of his comments are ignorant and hurtful (I'm labeling the words, not the man), the best way to combat ignorance, literally, is with intellect and facts. Yelling and name-calling solves little.

That being said, I'm heartbroken that we've elected a candidate with these ideas to lead our country. Climate change isn't a partisan issue; the EPA was founded by a Republican. Believing in human rights doesn't require party affiliation. I didn't initially vote for President Obama either, but I've come around; the metrics are compelling, and I respect the man and appreciate how he represented us.

Arguing about vein issues like crowd sizes and openly denying facts won't bring back jobs that have been lost to automation. Building a wall probably won't help anyone other than the contractors hired to build it, especially when the data show that the unauthorized population has been shrinking (read: more people are leaving than entering) since before President Obama took office. It does, however, serve as a physical manifestation of anger at structural unemployment (in addition to acting as a proxy for horribly racists ideas). Cutting humanitarian aid doesn't heal anyone. Putting scientific research under a gag order isn't going to further us as a people. Raising taxes on lower-wage single parents (by eliminating exemptions) doesn't help the common man that elected him.

Silver lining, though, I am looking forward to an awesome next album!
    Post edited by Stixum on
    2009 - Chicago
    2010 - NY 2
    2012 - Music Midtown
    2013 - Charlotte, LA 1, LA 2, Wrigley
    2014 - St Louis, ACL Fest 2
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Columbia, Ottawa, Toronto, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, San Fran 2 (TOTD), LA (TOTD)
    2017 - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018 - London 1, London 2, Padova, Seattle 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2021 - Ohana 1
    2022 - Las Vegas, Nashville, St. Louis
    2023 - St. Paul 1, St. Paul 2, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Noblesville
  • Options

I used 'many' because it's true but it leaves the actual number up to whomever reads it. You must think the number of racist trump voters is pretty small.
  • Options
    cc294283cc294283 chicago Posts: 13
    Trumpleager
    chicago stadium 3/94, regal theater 3/94, milwaukee 14 greenville 16 wrigley 1$2 16
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128

I used 'many' because it's true but it leaves the actual number up to whomever reads it. You must think the number of racist trump voters is pretty small.
    I voted for neither candidate, but this comment is based off of zero facts or information, and based more so on news head lines. Not one person I know who voted for trump is a racist.
  • Options
    riley540 said:

I voted for neither candidate, but this comment is based off of zero facts or information, and based more so on news head lines. Not one person I know who voted for trump is a racist.
    It's around 50% of trump voters hold racist views toward blacks. Others may say they don't have racist beliefs, but they may think something like 'This whole equality thing has gone a little too far', and maybe we should make America great again, you know, when blacks knew their place, etc...
    fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/USA-ELECTION-RACE/010020H7174/USA-ELECTION-RACE.jpg
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998

riley540 said:

It's around 50% of trump voters hold racist views toward blacks. Others may say they don't have racist beliefs, but they may think something like 'This whole equality thing has gone a little too far', and maybe we should make America great again, you know, when blacks knew their place, etc...
    fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/USA-ELECTION-RACE/010020H7174/USA-ELECTION-RACE.jpg
    You'd think after the presidential polls failed so badly, people would learn not to cite polls as if they are facts.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

riley540 said:

You'd think after the presidential polls failed so badly, people would learn not to cite polls as if they are facts.
    The polls were only off base in about four swing states states. The national polls were accurate. And an election survey, predicting future behavior is a different kind of poll than measuring a current, existing attitude. They think the errors in the election surveys was in how they determined whether someone was going to be a likely voter or not. So that's not an issue in this survey. Regardless, do you thing there's more racist trump voters than there are Clinton voters?
  • Options

Sarava said:

riley540 said:

The polls were only off base in about four swing states states. The national polls were accurate. And an election survey, predicting future behavior is a different kind of poll than measuring a current, existing attitude. They think the errors in the election surveys was in how they determined whether someone was going to be a likely voter or not. So that's not an issue in this survey. Regardless, do you thing there's more racist trump voters than there are Clinton voters?
    Polls are generally pretty wack, especially from a .com site. The one that I saw "blacks being more violent." Can sadly be proven by years of statistics. 93% of black homicides were cause by other blacks between 1980 and 2010. And 52% of violent crime in general was commuted by black people in that same time frame. It's sad, and statistics can be wrong, but most people go to polls and statistics for information.........

• Options
    riley540 said:

Sarava said:

riley540 said:

Polls are generally pretty wack, especially from a .com site. The one that I saw "blacks being more violent." Can sadly be proven by years of statistics. 93% of black homicides were cause by other blacks between 1980 and 2010. And 52% of violent crime in general was commuted by black people in that same time frame. It's sad, and statistics can be wrong, but most people go to polls and statistics for information.........

Maybe you missed the point of the graphic showing trump voters believing those things at a much higher rate than people who voted for Clinton.
  • Options

riley540 said:

Sarava said:

riley540 said:

Maybe you missed the point of the graphic showing trump voters believing those things at a much higher rate than people who voted for Clinton.
    People who voted for Clinton also thought they were voting for a good candidate. Baffles me how either of them got a single vote. Never the less, I believe shitty people and good people voted both democrat and republican.