All The Way should be the next xmas single

Comments

• No, thanks...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404

give the cubs real credit when it's due. now is that time.
    this isn't all about ed. it's about history and back to the future being almost right

Who s not giving the Cubs credit?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,841
    I've seen him play it live 10+ times including the debut in '07. Got a jersey with it written on the back. Have two copies of it on CD (and the digital file). For a concert dvd, totally fine to include it because of the context/story around it.

There's no need to do it for the PJ fan club single, even if he played it at the Cubs rally tomorrow.
  • nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    I think it will probably be included in the planned wrigley set, 7 inch with a newly recorded version for the win as a b- side.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,823
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    edited November 2016
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,255
    Again, you know it's gonna be on the Wrigley show set they have planned (DVD? Vinyl?) so I definitely don't need another release of it.
  • nm219369 said:

I think it will probably be included in the planned wrigley set, 7 inch with a newly recorded version for the win as a b- side.

with "we finally went all the way" in place of "someday".
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• tschav said:

I've seen him play it live 10+ times including the debut in '07. Got a jersey with it written on the back. Have two copies of it on CD (and the digital file). For a concert dvd, totally fine to include it because of the context/story around it.

There's no need to do it for the PJ fan club single, even if he played it at the Cubs rally tomorrow.

he's played it live that many times???

www.headstonesband.com

• H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Posts: 1,597
    I think it'd be a fine xmas single. We've certainly gotten worse over the years. How can you not cheer for the Cubs in this situation?!? 108 years... As a fan of the game it's pretty exciting. Go Cubs!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • My guess is it will be All the Way and Nothingman with Chris Martin from Global Citizen Festival....

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Sounds like it would be a great EV fanclub release. Maybe he should start his own fanclub. We've had a few years of EV and his celeb friends on 10c holiday singles. Let's have a holiday single that features PJ on both sides.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr said:

Sounds like it would be a great EV fanclub release. Maybe he should start his own fanclub. We've had a few years of EV and his celeb friends on 10c holiday singles. Let's have a holiday single that features PJ on both sides.

DING DING DING. we have a winner! (and this is coming from a BIG EV solo fan!)

www.headstonesband.com

jeffbr said:

yes!!! Get in the studio as a band and record two songs. Maybe that will lead to more writing and then possibly a new album with a new tour.
  • mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

yes!!! Get in the studio as a band and record two songs. Maybe that will lead to more writing and then possibly a new album with a new tour.
    unfortunately I think we're well past the era of the band where they get together to record just for the xmas single. it really is too bad.

www.headstonesband.com

• ZodZod Posts: 10,535

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

unfortunately I think we're well past the era of the band where they get together to record just for the xmas single. it really is too bad.
    It is. My favourite Christmas singles are the ones with new(ish) Studio songs on them. Let Me Sleep, Sonic Reducer, Angel, Olympic Platinum, Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Happy When I'm Crying, Don't Believe in Christmas (sort of studio.. soundcheck recording), Love Reign O'er me... etc...

We have so much live stuff as the band has been putting out most of the shows live for 16 years now. Live xmas singles aren't quite as awesome as ones with new recordings on them (whether it be originals or covers). With All The Way there's already a live release of it, so it's not hard to find live. Getting stuff on the xmas single we sort of have already, isn't quite as exciting as something new.

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

I hate to agree with you but I do. This is unfortunately the way it is now.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

I feel like they barely have anything to do with one another when they aren't touring... but maybe I'm wrong.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

I feel like they barely have anything to do with one another when they aren't touring... but maybe I'm wrong.
    I think that's pretty standard for a band at this stage in their careers. even small time bands that I like (watchmen, headstones) don't hang out besides writing and touring. I think the watchmen don't even live in the same cities anymore.

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

I think that's pretty standard for a band at this stage in their careers. even small time bands that I like (watchmen, headstones) don't hang out besides writing and touring. I think the watchmen don't even live in the same cities anymore.
    I just naturally figure PJ would feel like they're friends with one another, i.e. hang out socially when they are living in the same city, you know, like normal people hang out with their friends, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

I just naturally figure PJ would feel like they're friends with one another, i.e. hang out socially when they are living in the same city, you know, like normal people hang out with their friends, lol.
    all relationships evolve. I barely hang out with anyone I used to hang out with 20 years ago. I was in a band with at least one guy for many years, many of those younger years we also hung out socially. later on, not at all. only at band practice. so to me it's not really a surprise. I think many fans still romanticize a band's relationship as this "gang of five", even when the band is in their 50's and 60's, and that's just not reality. And who still lives in Seattle? Is it just Mike, or do a few of them?

www.headstonesband.com

• jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    edited November 2016

I think it'd be a fine xmas single. We've certainly gotten worse over the years. How can you not cheer for the Cubs in this situation?!? 108 years... As a fan of the game it's pretty exciting. Go Cubs!!

I just can't get behind this. So if you are a Yankee fan, were you rooting for the Red Sox?
    jdopj said:

I just can't get behind this. So if you are a Yankee fan, were you rooting for the Red Sox?
    if you know anything about baseball you know the answer to this question.
  • Bad idea. I took great comfort in being there for the debut and having my team, and the Cubs big rival, be the reigning World Series champs at the time.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,841

tschav said:

he's played it live that many times???
    To the best of my recollection...
    Vic '07 - Lolla 10c show - Debut
    2x Chicago EV solo shows in '08 - where recording originates from
    2x Chicago EV solo shows in '11
    Wrigley '13
    Chicago EV Solo (Hot Stove) '15
    Chicago EV Solo (Hot Stove) '16
    2x Wrigley '16