The Wrist Watch Thread

Since there is so much interest in the brand of watch Mr. Vedder wears, I thought I'd start a watch thread.

I have a modest collection of lower priced watches. My newest ones are a ToyWatch, and a Mondaine Classic Swiss Railways watch.

I was looking at a Rolex Oyster and a Tudor North Flag, but I couldn't get myself to open the wallet so deep.

Comments

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    edited November 2016
    All of my vintage watches (early Omega Seamaster Calendar, Rolex Submariner with long dead tritium, etc.) need some love.

My watch guy is in Bar Harbor, Maine, and I haven't had a chance to make it there in nearly 10 years (since my wedding!). I thought about having them worked on at a couple of places in NYC when I lived there, but the vibe just wasn't right when I scoped out the places.

With Alexander in Bar Harbor, you just know you're leaving your treasured timepiece in good, caring hands.

I remember one time my professor needed a watch to keep time for class and asked for mine. I gave it to him and asked him to be careful with it. When he saw that it was an old Submariner, he nearly dropped it out of nervousness.

I'll try to post some pics.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    casio.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Apple Series 2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    mca47 said:

Apple Series 2

I also have an old Swiss Army that no longer works. Wore that thing for probably 12 years
  • I didn't realize there was so much interest in wristwatches. I've stuck with Seikos over the years, nothing fancy.

If I was really into watches, i guess I'd ask for one of these for Christmas:

https://thewhoofficialmerch.com/collections/accessories/products/the-who-limited-edition-timepiece-watch
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i'd wear a watch if it didn't irritate the heck out of my wrist. i've tried & no go. in 1982 i opened a birthday gift & it was as shown below. that was great

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick said:

i'd wear a watch if it didn't irritate the heck out of my wrist. i've tried & no go. in 1982 i opened a birthday gift & it was as shown below. that was great

To go with your Dora the Explorer TV? :wink:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    I've been a dedicated wrist watch wearer for the past 35 years. I just like to be able to know the time and feel naked without one on. I have owned quite a few different watches that I thought were good timepieces. I always resisted getting a Rolex because they seemed to be so cliche. However, about six years ago my longtime favorite watch broke down on me and I decided to check out the Rolex line. Long story short, the one I purchased (stainless with datejust) is the most durable and well engineered time piece I've ever owned. I wear it every day and love it.
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    edited November 2016
    dankind said:

All of my vintage watches (early Omega Seamaster Calendar, Rolex Submariner with long dead tritium, etc.) need some love.

My watch guy is in Bar Harbor, Maine, and I haven't had a chance to make it there in nearly 10 years (since my wedding!). I thought about having them worked on at a couple of places in NYC when I lived there, but the vibe just wasn't right when I scoped out the places.

With Alexander in Bar Harbor, you just know you're leaving your treasured timepiece in good, caring hands.

I remember one time my professor needed a watch to keep time for class and asked for mine. I gave it to him and asked him to be careful with it. When he saw that it was an old Submariner, he nearly dropped it out of nervousness.

Pics of my two treasured timepieces.

They were my dad's.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

I became obsessed with that show over the summer on Crackle. Saw a few episodes when it premiered when I was in 4th grade but don't remember much.

Not as obsessed as Peter Griffin, though.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Nixon Unit 'Star Wars' Rebel Alliance themed watch. Fathers Day gift earlier this year.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    edited November 2016
    dankind said:

dankind said:

Pics of my two treasured timepieces.

They were my dad's.
    I have my dad's 1953 seamaster
    And it looks like I might be getting a Shinola for Hanukkah!
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Rado Jubile. Simple and beautiful. All black, no numbers.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf