Options

Any watch aficionados know what Eddie was wearing tonight?

Comments

• Options
    if you blow it up you can see the roman numerals and the blue hands, usually a tell tale sign of a cartier
    could be this bad boy:  https://www.cartier.com/en-us/collections/watches/mens-watches/ronde-de-cartier/ronde-solo-de-cartier/wsrn0022-ronde-solo-de-cartier-watch.html
    Agreed, definitely looks like that one
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited January 2020
    if you blow it up you can see the roman numerals and the blue hands, usually a tell tale sign of a cartier
    could be this bad boy:  https://www.cartier.com/en-us/collections/watches/mens-watches/ronde-de-cartier/ronde-solo-de-cartier/wsrn0022-ronde-solo-de-cartier-watch.html
    Good investigative work. I love Cartier, definitely does not get enough love. Still can't figure out what his big green watch is. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    edited January 2020
    I'd put good money on it being a.... Panerai Radiomir 1940's, with custom indices to make it resemble the Wrigley Scoreboard clock.  

Here's a relatively close-up pic I found of Tom Ricketts' watch, which looks to be VERY similar to the image posted.  The only reason I say it's a Radiomir (specifically the 1940's) is the flat-side crown, as opposed to the diamond/onion shape on the California or traditional Radiomir.

Here's a huge-res image of Eddie's peeking out of his shirt.  Looks like that's the ticket.

Wrigley Scoreboard clock, for reference!

Unmodified Panerai Radiomir 1940's, for reference / crown shape:

Post edited by Crew on
  • Options
    oh I never noticed that.  awesome!  I have seen separate photos of the two of them and they are definitely wearing the same watch, I just figured it was a custom job of some sort.  the scoreboard clock makes complete sense.  perhaps a gift given to a few select people.  nice work!
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Crew said:
    I'd put good money on it being a.... Panerai Radiomir 1940's, with custom indices to make it resemble the Wrigley Scoreboard clock.  

Here's a relatively close-up pic I found of Tom Ricketts' watch, which looks to be VERY similar to the image posted.  The only reason I say it's a Radiomir (specifically the 1940's) is the flat-side crown, as opposed to the diamond/onion shape on the California or traditional Radiomir.

Here's a huge-res image of Eddie's peeking out of his shirt.  Looks like that's the ticket.

Great work - that's definitely a sweet piece. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Crew said:

Well done!  
  • Options
    I immediately thought Radiomir 1940's as well, or possibly Spinnaker, with a custom dial to recall the Wrigley clock. 

Here's an interesting link to a watch community that I am part of that has discussed EV 's watch: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/tracking-celebrities-what-watches-they-wearing-lets-keep-going-300966-153.html
  • Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 117
    They can buy, but can't put on my watches - Sorry just had to  :) 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,396
    We should get a PJ watch collab. Stickman on the dial or something would be cool. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    If he's wearing a watch on his left hand does that mean he's left handed?
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 406
    I'm right handed and have always worn my watch on my left hand. Which doesn't really mean anything to anyone but me, I guess  B)
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    No, you usually wear on the opposite arm...so you can use the dominate hand for anything like watch winding...or using any other complications (Chrono), etc.  That is my take anyhow.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,899
    I did a autograph signing with Chris Chelios. And he complimented my Shinola watch. He added that he was gonna make sure Eddie got one too. Shinola does make a Green face watch that looks close.
    really like those watches too, just a little out of my price range.
    Look on eBay. I just got a $925 retail one for $345. Brand new in box
    Watch out (pun intended) for fakes on eBay man.
    Absolutely this. I would not trust that at a flea market and definitely not on Ebay.
    I wear a Timex and love it.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    PJ1973 said:
    I'm right handed and have always worn my watch on my left hand. Which doesn't really mean anything to anyone but me, I guess  B)

Same and it keeps me from banging the watch on walls, doors etc. since you walk on the right side!  Nothing fancy here, I have an 80s Tag, and my everyday watch is a Seiko Sea Urchin. Got it in Japan and there is a bit of a cult following. Best $200 watch you can buy! Looks a lot like a submariner, but it is not.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,449
    We should get a PJ watch collab. Stickman on the dial or something would be cool. 
    The Timex Stickman 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    The Timex Stickman 
    There is always room for another Timex! Wearing the weekender now in fact. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    edited October 2022
    I haven't worn a watch since the day my cellphone started keeping track.

How many methods of telling time do you people need on your body at any given time?

Flava don't need no watch

Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    What is this, Mickey Mouse?  C'mon.
  • Options
    Hey, if Snoopy can be a big deal in the watch world, so can the stick guy! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    No, you usually wear on the opposite arm...so you can use the dominate hand for anything like watch winding...or using any other complications (Chrono), etc.  That is my take anyhow.
    Ok so, I've recently started wearing a watch. I've changed arms and I think it's easier to tell the time now.  Thank you. 
  • Options
    I haven't worn a watch since the day my cellphone started keeping track.

How many methods of telling time do you people need on your body at any given time?

Plenty of times where I feel like disconnecting from tech and just relying on a watch for time. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    edited October 2022
    I had to read up on this.  i did not know that they added a 4th watch to the Omega/Apollo collection... A damn snoopy watch...  The only reason Snoopy is a thing is because of Omega and Apollo are in the same sentence...

Edit:  i wanted to add that I didn't know they made a 50th, lol.  I remember reading up on the 40th Aniv and wanting one back then.  I had bought a magazine on fine watches and was amazed at what people pay for them...  It is definitely something on your wrist that the average person has no idea what it is unless it's a Movado or Rolex as those stick out from anything else.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    I had to read up on this.  i did not know that they added a 4th watch to the Omega/Apollo collection... A damn snoopy watch...  The only reason Snoopy is a thing is because of Omega and Apollo are in the same sentence...

Edit:  i wanted to add that I didn't know they made a 50th, lol.  I remember reading up on the 40th Aniv and wanting one back then.  I had bought a magazine on fine watches and was amazed at what people pay for them...  It is definitely something on your wrist that the average person has no idea what it is unless it's a Movado or Rolex as those stick out from anything else.
    Timex has a pretty mean Snoopy collab too! But yes, the Omega snoopy is wild. The watch world is fun to watch from a distance and participate in at a small level. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352

I don’t know what makes the 50th Snoopy worth $25k in today’s market  but whatever. Speedmasters are too big for my wrist anyway. 
  • Options
    I have the cheapest casio watch. I wear it on my right  wrist.  Im right  handed.  I got a watch Because i dont want to keep getting  a phone out  to tell the time. Im a dinosaur
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,449
    I have the cheapest casio watch. I wear it on my right  wrist.  Im right  handed.  I got a watch Because i dont want to keep getting  a phone out  to tell the time. Im a dinosaur
    Me too.  I just have a $30 timex ironman watch.  They last 5 years or so before I need a new one. But I feel naked if I don’t have a watch on.  As much as I use my phone, it’s my watch I rely on when I need to know the time. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited October 2022
    Casio watches are cool and retro @lastexitlondon ...my watch tells me no. of steps, heart rate and GPS. Not sure what I make of it but happy for it to just tell the time.
  • Options
    here it is. The £10 bad boy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited October 2022
    Yeah definitely retro cool vibes. Apparently the heart rate monitor indicates I'm still alive which is something because I feel half dead right now.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    Yeah definitely retro cool vibes. Apparently the heart rate monitor indicates I'm still alive which is something because I feel half dead right now.
    Same my friend i currently have spent a week flat on my back with labyrintitus . Its awful.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07