Options

How do you respond to political campaign phone calls?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Bump
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Other (details, please).
    I no longer have a phone land line at home !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Other (details, please).
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

Oh come on people. Yes, it's all polluted, it's all effed up, and we're all gonna die anyway so let's stick out heads in the radioactive waste bin, rub some chemicals on our faces and go out Monday night as the walking dead.

Come on, do you guys really not give a shit about adding to the self-pollution shower? Forget that. I avoid toxic matter, poisonous chemicals, polluted food and micro waves as often as I can but live in the real (i.e. polluted all to fuck) world like every one else.

Maybe I'll mention all that to the next phone canvasser working for my state congressperson. Give them something to break up the monotony.

"Yes, Jane, Senator Smith sounds like a hell of a guy. Hey, by the way, we're all going to have our faces melt off for Halloween.You in?"

It's not all or none. It's not black and white.

Even with the naivete I've yet to fully shed, I know that. I embrace that, actually.

Leave it to me as I find a way to be (and, as I find a way to give my duly-given shits).

It's not anyone else's business but mine.

And how this went from political calls to so-called self-pollution, no idea.

*edit - I'm not a fatalist, I'm a realist. Idealism mixed in for sure, too much at times. But I also realize my time will come in some form no matter how I try to keep it at bay, so I'll live how I want to live till I no longer can.

:clap:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Other (details, please).
    Use a cell, so I don't get political calls, thankfully...

If I ever did I wouldn't answer honestly, polls are pure useless bullshit...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    I screen my calls and decide which ones are worth listening to.
    Hey, you won't believe this! I just got a call from Bernie Sanders. THE Bernie Sanders!

Oh wait, it was a pre-recorded message. Never mind.

The things I put up with to avoid microwaving my brain!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Use your earbuds with your phone, Brian. Voila - better sound quality, no fried brain cells ;).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    I screen my calls and decide which ones are worth listening to.

Use your earbuds with your phone, Brian. Voila - better sound quality, no fried brain cells ;).

Sorry, I smoked them all.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Other (details, please).
    I hang up within seconds
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......