Wrigley 2 setlist

stonesstones Posts: 276
The shows at Wrigley were my first US PJ shows and so I want to mark the occasion by doing something with the Klausen poster I picked up in Chicago. So I planned to print the Wrigley 2 setlist and get it framed along with the poster (plus tickets) much like I've seen others do in the framed poster thread. However I have a choice as to which setlist to use.

There's this one (credit to Steved and his impossibly fine collection of stage used setlists):

or this one from the 'Trapdoor in the Sun' setlist Tumblr pages:

I'll clean them up a bit before printing, but I do like the first one for it's clarity - clearer handwriting, and larger resolution so it'll print better, but the second one is the one published by the band and used for the setlist shirt. The handwriting looks different and so I don't think they are written by the same person, but I could be wrong? As it will be framed, and it's only ever going to be an inferior copy, not an original then I'd prefer Eds handwritten setlist to one possibly written by a member of the crew.

I am probably overthinking this, but interested in opinions.

Comments

• chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    The second one is Eds handwriting
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    The first might be stones?
  • driowadriowa Posts: 115
    I used the second one and it looks great!!
  • stevedsteved Posts: 657
    edited October 2016
    The first one is a setlist re-written by Kevin Shuss, that Ed was using that night. Kevin had re-written for many years all of the Setlists before the Lightning Bolt Tour, and then midway through 2013 Ed took over again starting writing them. For Wrigley it seems there were both setlists on the stage.

Even though the KS version was obtained by me from the stage that night and was the one Ed was using, there is nothing like an Ed handwritten setlist! I would speculate Ed asked Kevin to re-write it for him as his font is larger and more legible to Ed.
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• stonesstones Posts: 276
    steved said:

The first one is Ed's setlist ironically, in Kevin Shuss handwriting. Kevin had re-written for many years all of the Setlists before the Lightning Bolt Tour and then midway through 2013 Ed took over again starting writing them. For Wrigley it seems there were both setlists on the stage.

Even though the KS version was obtained by me from the stage that night and was the one Ed was using, there is nothing like an Ed handwritten setlist! I would speculate Ed asked Kevin to re-write it for him as his font is larger and more legible to Ed.

Thank you! That explains a lot, and adds a nice bit of a backstory. I have started cleaning both of them up, and will make a decision before I go to the framers. Although arguably that makes the choice more difficult.

Do I use a copy of the specific setlist used onstage by Ed during the show itself? Or do I use a copy of the original setlist created by Ed for the show? Decisions. Decisions...