10/25/16 psst...

12346»

Comments

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    edited October 2016

Missed the drop by 10 minutes. Was on the app and had to get off for work. Ugh

With you man. I checked before I went into a meeting, which was 1 minute before they dropped and as soon as I was done, which was about 5 minutes after they were sold out. I've been on for every pssst in the last week. Bad timing. Oh well.
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,203
    hopefully there will be some reasonable trades for those who missed the Thomas yesterday. I'm assuming quite a few are going to be floating around here...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Dont even like the Thomas but i was thinking of getting one as trade bait for Lost Dogs lol. Oh well. Saved $40
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,688
    CH273892 said:

Hmmm. I'm new to participating around here, but since I've had a few drinks, and the Indians just smoked the Cubs ( :frowning: ), I'll bite.

Here's my experience.

I see the notice on FB.
    That's your 1st problem. According to some around here, these shouldn't be posted FB. No opinion from me.
    I click on it.
    Necessity.
    I realize I have to be logged in.
    You always have to be logged in to purchase items, especially posters.
    I log in.
    Necessity.
    I wait for the mobile flash screen to finish loading. What is this, 2001?
    "Loading 10 Club Experience" I'll give you this one.
    I have to click the back button because it doesn't take me to an obvious screen where I should be at, such as where I previously was or a main PearlJam.com screen or such.
    Never hit the back button after logging in. Bad things happen.
    I re-add the poster to my cart.
    Why? You've already added it and were told you have to log in. If in doubt, take the to .1 seconds to look in the top right corner.
    I somehow get TWO in there.
    Not somehow. You've already added it once. The system made you log in after adding.
    I remove one and keep clicking the submit button.
    Necessity
    I eventually get to put my credit card info in. (YES! So close!)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I can't go through with it...like a technical error.
    I suppose it really is a technical error.
    I back up to the main item screen.
    Never go all the way back. Keep hitting submit.
    OUT OF STOCK.
    I can understand the frustration and it sucks.

How I can actually have it in my cart, be able to put my CC info in and it doesn't work... If that's not FUBAR, I don't know what is.
    Many sites are like this. 10C gives an explicit warning that "[a]vailability of items in cart not guaranteed until purchase completed. If purchasing limited edition items we recommend continuing your transaction through checkout." Not really FUBAR, just trying to keep it fair so that people don't hog items in their cart.

MSG buyers and everyone who has ever gone through PJF5... I know your pain.
    Pretty sure 90% of PJ releases are F5. Can definitely be a pain in the butt. People have been monitoring The Porch for WEEKS trying to anticipate the Thomas drop and waiting for Santo to give the pssst.

My idea, next time they do a major thing like this? Each poster costs $35, right? Make them available only in a set of six for $210 plus shipping.
    There's some merit to this argument, which had definitely been advanced by others. However, it would be unfair to those who were shut out at the show, but able to pick up other posters they liked.

My other idea is this glorious thing:
    1) The band announces a tour.
    2) 10C members can pre-buy posters for whatever shows they want without limit. If you want 20 MSG posters, by all means, that's your money and those 20 will be honored.
    I'm with you, but there should be a limit. Flippers will always flip, which in this case would be to all the non-members, see below.
    3) The posters are sent out after the tour.
    4) When the member gets their poster, it has a stamp at the bottom with their name and membership number similar to the Raleigh "CANCELLED" stamp.

...and I doubt anyone would sell their poster that says "JAMES DUNCAN 2011109" on it in big huge letters, considering everyone and their brother gives their number as 123XXX when making posts. Even though the poster isn't *exactly* as the artists intend, it's essentially a 1/1 or 1/x, incredibly unique to that person AND it comes with all the other benefits of not having to wait in a merch line, etc.
    This is not feasible and would be nothing but harsh punishment for Santos, which no one around here would wish upon him. The posters a screen printed and creating hundreds of individual stamps to stamp the posters would be pure torture for the 10Club staff. Also, these prints are true works of art, regardless of popularity they are works of art, and this would ruin them. The Raleigh prints, however, are arguably more special with the stamp due to the reasons for its inclusion.

I mean, we have this discussion multiple times per year, the band HATES flipping/scalping and they don't seem to do anything about it, other than re-issuing their studio records.
    Looks like the Thomas release mostly went to the true fans. That's a plus.

Considering the artists make no money off the "show edition" posters, what's the harm in making another run of "10C edition" posters?
    From my understanding, PJ takes better care of the artists than most bands, but why force them to take even less money for the number of their prints that are out there. I would assume that numbers of show prints are negotiated and artists would be less than thrilled for numbers of show prints to go up with no increase on their end. Maybe an increased number of prints would drive the poster prices up and PJ wants to keep them where they are for the fans.

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,838
    edited October 2016
    CH273892 said:

Hmmm. I'm new to participating around here, but since I've had a few drinks, and the Indians just smoked the Cubs ( :frowning: ), I'll bite.

Here's my experience.

I see the notice on FB.
    That's your 1st problem. According to some around here, these shouldn't be posted FB. No opinion from me.
    I click on it.
    Necessity.
    I realize I have to be logged in.
    You always have to be logged in to purchase items, especially posters.
    I log in.
    Necessity.
    I wait for the mobile flash screen to finish loading. What is this, 2001?
    "Loading 10 Club Experience" I'll give you this one.
    I have to click the back button because it doesn't take me to an obvious screen where I should be at, such as where I previously was or a main PearlJam.com screen or such.
    Never hit the back button after logging in. Bad things happen.
    I re-add the poster to my cart.
    Why? You've already added it and were told you have to log in. If in doubt, take the to .1 seconds to look in the top right corner.
    I somehow get TWO in there.
    Not somehow. You've already added it once. The system made you log in after adding.
    I remove one and keep clicking the submit button.
    Necessity
    I eventually get to put my credit card info in. (YES! So close!)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I can't go through with it...like a technical error.
    I suppose it really is a technical error.
    I back up to the main item screen.
    Never go all the way back. Keep hitting submit.
    OUT OF STOCK.
    I can understand the frustration and it sucks.

How I can actually have it in my cart, be able to put my CC info in and it doesn't work... If that's not FUBAR, I don't know what is.
    Many sites are like this. 10C gives an explicit warning that "[a]vailability of items in cart not guaranteed until purchase completed. If purchasing limited edition items we recommend continuing your transaction through checkout." Not really FUBAR, just trying to keep it fair so that people don't hog items in their cart.

MSG buyers and everyone who has ever gone through PJF5... I know your pain.
    Pretty sure 90% of PJ releases are F5. Can definitely be a pain in the butt. People have been monitoring The Porch for WEEKS trying to anticipate the Thomas drop and waiting for Santo to give the pssst.

My idea, next time they do a major thing like this? Each poster costs $35, right? Make them available only in a set of six for $210 plus shipping.
    There's some merit to this argument, which had definitely been advanced by others. However, it would be unfair to those who were shut out at the show, but able to pick up other posters they liked.

My other idea is this glorious thing:
    1) The band announces a tour.
    2) 10C members can pre-buy posters for whatever shows they want without limit. If you want 20 MSG posters, by all means, that's your money and those 20 will be honored.
    I'm with you, but there should be a limit. Flippers will always flip, which in this case would be to all the non-members, see below.
    3) The posters are sent out after the tour.
    4) When the member gets their poster, it has a stamp at the bottom with their name and membership number similar to the Raleigh "CANCELLED" stamp.

...and I doubt anyone would sell their poster that says "JAMES DUNCAN 2011109" on it in big huge letters, considering everyone and their brother gives their number as 123XXX when making posts. Even though the poster isn't *exactly* as the artists intend, it's essentially a 1/1 or 1/x, incredibly unique to that person AND it comes with all the other benefits of not having to wait in a merch line, etc.
    This is not feasible and would be nothing but harsh punishment for Santos, which no one around here would wish upon him. The posters a screen printed and creating hundreds of individual stamps to stamp the posters would be pure torture for the 10Club staff. Also, these prints are true works of art, regardless of popularity they are works of art, and this would ruin them. The Raleigh prints, however, are arguably more special with the stamp due to the reasons for its inclusion.

I mean, we have this discussion multiple times per year, the band HATES flipping/scalping and they don't seem to do anything about it, other than re-issuing their studio records.
    Looks like the Thomas release mostly went to the true fans. That's a plus.

Considering the artists make no money off the "show edition" posters, what's the harm in making another run of "10C edition" posters?
    From my understanding, PJ takes better care of the artists than most bands, but why force them to take even less money for the number of their prints that are out there. I would assume that numbers of show prints are negotiated and artists would be less than thrilled for numbers of show prints to go up with no increase on their end. Maybe an increased number of prints would drive the poster prices up and PJ wants to keep them where they are for the fans.

That was my first true PJF5 experience. I experienced slowness during the RSD mystery sale, but since that was via computer, I basically knew what was going on and felt I had more control of the situation. To use a computer this time around was an impossibility.

PJF5 via Facebook app built-in browser? Lesson learned. For sure, I had a bit of a panic moment.

It's not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to complete the set.

You're right on the extra work, but just to have this same discussion time and time again with something that can be fixed? That's the infuriating part.

I suppose you're right on the complete set, especially since I have two of everything else (double-sided, ya know) plus an A/P Shuss and A/P Mark V. I'm sure we'd all find something to do with the extras...hang them in offices, gifts, etc.

I think my fatal mistakes were as follows.
    1) Seeing I had two in my cart and deleting the one. I assumed that if my order had two, they'd both be canceled. But maybe this is true.

2) Having a moment of panic after the login screen and clicking back to the item page.

This still doesn't fix the fact that splash pages belong in 2002 and the PJ site needs to keep us all logged in like it used to.

How many sites sell limited items all at once? Most sites will allow you to go through once the item is in the cart, even if it'll take time for order fulfillment. TM has the countdown until the tickets are released.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 729
    Anyone else get shipping confirmation yet, my order status still says review. However, I did get a shipping confirmation yesterday for the Fenway bootlegs that I received in the mail over 2 weeks ago.
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • I go
    PJINFLA said:

Anyone else get shipping confirmation yet, my order status still says review. However, I did get a shipping confirmation yesterday for the Fenway bootlegs that I received in the mail over 2 weeks ago.

I got the shipping conformation.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    PJINFLA said:

Yes, got a shipping e-mail the same day, and it's on the move in the UPS tracking system.
    PJINFLA said:

I also got my shipping confirmation.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    My poster arrived yesterday an hour away from my house but won't be delivered until Monday. Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

My poster arrived yesterday an hour away from my house but won't be delivered until Monday. Lol

Mine arrived at the PO 5 minutes from my house at 6:21 A.M. this morning, hopefully it shows up today. Don't 100% go by the delivery date on UPS, mine usually is delivered days before the stated delivery date. Mine says Tuesday as the delivery date.
  • Do they arrive via UPS or USPS?

Do they arrive via UPS or USPS?

USPS! Mine went from Seattle to Auburn, WA, then Orlando via UPS. Then it was handed over to USPS for the ride south.
    Thomas just arrived safe and sound. Nice to see it at your doorstep three days after ordering it. Thanks Santos and gang!!
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    mcgruff10 said:

Mine says the same thing, but it also says out for delivery. Hopefully you get luck today!
    mine just arrived. Thanks again, Santos.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited October 2016
    Received today!! Wow
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    EM194007 said:

Thomas just arrived safe and sound. Nice to see it at your doorstep three days after ordering it. Thanks Santos and gang!!

Wish your brothers up North here in Canada had that kind of speedy shipping. Last few poster tubes have arrived less then 2 weeks which isn't bad from 10club up here.

demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

Wish your brothers up North here in Canada had that kind of speedy shipping. Last few poster tubes have arrived less then 2 weeks which isn't bad from 10club up here.

I agree, wish you guys north of the boarder received them quicker. Seems like the Vault 6's are arriving quickly. Wonder why they're getting to Canada quicker then a poster? Are they using MI for the Vault, or something different, do you know?
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,927
    Just received my catch poster this morning. Love the silver sticker on back - say no to flippers!! Thanks again Santos.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    I just received my thomas poster in the mail....all I can say is wow! This is one awesome poster. Thanks for sending these so quick Santos!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    Got mine. Might have just jumped to my all time favorite. The colors are perfect.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • She's a beaut Clark. Shipped fast. Looks good in person.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    Arrived on the south shore of MA today.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Received in Iowa. Good looking poster I can see why this one will be a must have for the major collectors