Who is drumming on Vault 6?

KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
these facts in my head hard drive were overwritten a long time ago.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited October 2016
    Matt Cameron! My favorite tour for his drumming. Raw and spontaneous if that makes sense
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    We talk a lot about Ed's voice changing over the years, but I don't read a lot of thoughts on Matt's drumming over the year. He sounds nothing like he does now (to my untrained ear)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam Posts: 1,102
    KV4053 said:

We talk a lot about Ed's voice changing over the years, but I don't read a lot of thoughts on Matt's drumming over the year. He sounds nothing like he does now (to my untrained ear)

I think MC's drumming has changed because in 98 he was new to these songs and the style of drumming that was recorded in PJ's songs. Back then he sounded more stiff.

Now, he sounds a lot more loose since he's used to playing PJ's catalog.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Is it bad that i like his sound better when he was still figuring things out? It just brought a certain energy. Hes incredibly skilled regardless, but 98 always sounds more immediate and alive
  • Is it bad that i like his sound better when he was still figuring things out? It just brought a certain energy. Hes incredibly skilled regardless, but 98 always sounds more immediate and alive

Definitely, at the end of not for you he starts basically playing jazz beats. Pretty awesome.
    looking to hear of the earth