Notre Dame Football

Just curious if there were any Irish fans on the boards...it has been a terrible season. I would like to know what any fans think of Brian Kelly? Is he the man for the job or is it time to move on? Thanks!
Bigfoot is blurry.
- Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• Be ready for the backlash, snide comen's and Irish hatred my fellow domer. I'm a huge ND fan though this season has been awful to watch.
    As for Kelly, I think he's a pompous arrogant prick. But he can recruit and typically recruit well. Regardless of what is going on this year, I believe that he will without a doubt, return next season. Again, he recruits well and he does have a pretty impressive winning percentage. Besides that, next month will mark the final annual payment of $2 million to Charlie Weiss. Keep in mind that this is Kellys 7th season at ND. He just got an extension and has approximately 5 seasons u derived contract left (I cannot recall how long his extension was for). He'll be back and I'll be watching.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Sorry, USC alum here, but good luck to Notre Dame. Hope Kelly is there for a long time. He is not as bad as Charlie Ate The Chocolate Factory, but he is not nearly as good as people like to make him out to be.
    College football is more fun with a good Notre Dame team to hate on, though. Like it when the traditional powers are powerful and we can enjoy classic match-ups.
    USC is going to destroy Dame this year. (All we have left to play for is Dame and fUCLA wins after losing three of our first 4 games like a bunch of clowns.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    not really a ND fan but my brother is a pretty big one and I do think college football if better when ND is good. I think Kelly is a good coach and has done a really good job at ND, not including this year. Remember when he took over there was a lot of talk that ND couldn't compete at the highest level anymore. That being said he does come across as a huge dick. and his throwing his players under the bus this past week wasn't good. Unless ND wants to shell out huge bucks for a new coach i don't see Kelly going anywhere until at least after next year.
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    That's one of my biggest issues with BK, is how he throws his players under the bus. You tried to pass 30 times in hurricane weather, at State and you blame your center, on national TV. I can honestly say that it would be tough, to send my son off to play for a coach like that!
    I think he is a very smart coach and I hope things turn around for us next season! I think we all agree that college football is better, when ND is in the mix! Still a fan...always will be! Go Irish!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    Huge Irish fan...

Kelly has lost his team completely and him throwing his players under the bus every weak is an embarrassment...i used to be a huge Kelly fan, but no more

he cant win a big game...only bowl game worth nothing that he won was against LSU

ND is considered overrated every year and then they have seasons like this and it give the haters fodder...you have a top 10 draft class almost every year and cant get them to produce that kind of leads to coaching
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    pjalive21 said:

Huge Irish fan...

Kelly has lost his team completely and him throwing his players under the bus every weak is an embarrassment...i used to be a huge Kelly fan, but no more

he cant win a big game...only bowl game worth nothing that he won was against LSU

ND is considered overrated every year and then they have seasons like this and it give the haters fodder...you have a top 10 draft class almost every year and cant get them to produce that kind of leads to coaching

Agreed!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg