F**k Baseball. HAPPY FIRST DAY OF HOCKEY SEASON!

2»

Comments

• That's why there are asterisks in the title, I'm all about protecting young impressionable minds.

Hockey rocks out with its ____ out.

See protecting those minds. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    Was yesterday a national holiday in Canada? I'm not a hockey guy but I've learned a sure fire way to strike up a conversation with just about any Canandian. "So, who's your favorite hockey team?"
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Capitals lost. Boo.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,673

This is supposed to be an all,ages forum.

Hockey is the worst. It's a tick above soccer on the list of pro sports. But I will say it is better than the NBA. Baseball, football, hockey, the rest

To say its the worst & only only a nudge better than soccer. Are you kidding me!!! Its fast paced, its a contact sport and way more exciting than soccer, baseball and football in my mind.
    This comment is going to open up a can of worms - I think the reason alot of americans don't like hockey is because it moves to fast for them to keep up. Football has a stoppage like every 20 seconds, basketball is much the same and I find baseball extremely boring.
    I guess to each his own
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Wobbie said:

KC138045 said:

Go Jackets!!!

geez, good luck with that. I grew up just north of columbus so I check them in the standings occasionally....usually, not good.

Yeah and last night was a prime example of how bad they are. They blow two goal leads like its an art form.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • BLACK35 said:

Hockey is the worst. It's a tick above soccer on the list of pro sports. But I will say it is better than the NBA. Baseball, football, hockey, the rest

To say its the worst & only only a nudge better than soccer. Are you kidding me!!! Its fast paced, its a contact sport and way more exciting than soccer, baseball and football in my mind.
    This comment is going to open up a can of worms - I think the reason alot of americans don't like hockey is because it moves to fast for them to keep up. Football has a stoppage like every 20 seconds, basketball is much the same and I find baseball extremely boring.
    I guess to each his own
    A lot of Americans dont like it because they were not exposed to it as kids and haven't found their way to a game to attend in person.
    Most hard core fans in America (most not all) come from cold weather places OR go frequently to the games.
    If you didn't play the game as a kid, or know people who did....if it wasn't a part of your culture growing up, that is why many Americans don't follow or appreciate the great game of hockey. (My opinion only, as always.)

Everyone grows up around football, baseball, and yes....even that drudgery known as basketball in the US. This is the big difference.

Once people see it live? Would be surprised if they don't like it 10x more than before that.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited October 2016
    BLACK35 said:

This comment is going to open up a can of worms - I think the reason a lot of americans don't like hockey is because it moves to fast for them to keep up. Football has a stoppage like every 20 seconds, basketball is much the same and I find baseball extremely boring.
    I guess to each his own
    :rofl:
    Couldn't have said it better myself. =)

My Habs won last night as well!

Happy Friday.

PS. I know there is many an American hockey fan in here, I was just having a laugh.
    Post edited by northerndragon on

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

This kid is my hockey spirit.

My wife would junk punch that kid.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • That's because your wife is a dirty Bruins fan and therefore a morally bankrupt douche.

KC138045 said:

Wobbie said:

KC138045 said:

Go Jackets!!!

geez, good luck with that. I grew up just north of columbus so I check them in the standings occasionally....usually, not good.

Yeah and last night was a prime example of how bad they are. They blow two goal leads like its an art form.
    You know you suck when you lose to the B's.

(My wife does not read this forum.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM

BLACK35 said:

I guess to each his own
    A lot of Americans dont like it because they were not exposed to it as kids and haven't found their way to a game to attend in person.
    Most hard core fans in America (most not all) come from cold weather places OR go frequently to the games.
    If you didn't play the game as a kid, or know people who did....if it wasn't a part of your culture growing up, that is why many Americans don't follow or appreciate the great game of hockey. (My opinion only, as always.)

Everyone grows up around football, baseball, and yes....even that drudgery known as basketball in the US. This is the big difference.

Once people see it live? Would be surprised if they don't like it 10x more than before that.
    Dumb. I grew up in Florida, and it's been my favorite sport since 1980.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited October 2016

That's because your wife is a dirty Bruins fan and therefore a morally bankrupt douche.

Did I tell you that she saw a photo of you and remarked that you looked "nice" and that I laughed and laughed and laughed?

I'm no B's fan, but there's a reason why the Habs are the most-hated franchise in the NHL. And it's not all their championships. Save your boastful breath.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:

That's because your wife is a dirty Bruins fan and therefore a morally bankrupt douche.

Did I tell you that she saw a photo of you and remarked that you looked "nice" and that I laughed and laughed and laughed?

I'm no B's fan, but there's a reason why the Habs are the most-hated franchise in the NHL. And it's not all their championships. Save your boastful breath.
    Hey you are the one boasting that your wife punches children, in the junk no less.

I am nice and other than the fact we can never discuss hockey I still think she will say that after I meet her. Which will drive you nuts, so win-win.

• dankind said:

BLACK35 said:

I guess to each his own

Did you see the words most?
    Also, did you read the part about going to games? I am pretty sure you have seen plenty of games.
    #I'mDumb
    ;)

dankind said:

BLACK35 said:

I guess to each his own

Also, did you read the part about going to games? I am pretty sure you have seen plenty of games.
    #I'mDumb
    ;)
    Kings suck!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455

BLACK35 said:

I guess to each his own

Speaking as an American who has been exposed to and understands all of these sports I can refute and confirm pretty much all of these points. You are right that most hard core fans come from cold weather states where they grew up watching (and/or playing) the sport. My wife grew up in Detroit and used to attend Redwings games with her father all the time. She remains a diehard fan to this day.

The point about hockey moving too fast for Americans to be able to follow is utter nonsense. The simple fact is Americans as a whole will never truly embrace hockey and soccer alike because there just isn't enough scoring. Football is king because there is a combination of scoring and violence while basketball rings up a scoreboard. Baseball is the exception to this rule but let's just chalk that up to the fact that it's the All American invention.
  • dankind said:

dankind said:

BLACK35 said:

I guess to each his own

#I'mDumb
    ;)
    Kings suck!
    NOW you hurt my feeling. :lol: