Will this ever be released?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,184
edited September 2016 in The Porch
Maybe in NY's fourth archive box set spanning the 90s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGWjt6R9fbk
'The music had a consistency level that was staggering,' said Elliot Roberts, Young's manager. 'One of the greatest tours we ever had in our whole lives. Neil got off every fuckin' night.'

Dean Stockwell remembers the show in Dublin, which was filmed by Jim Sheridan but remains unreleased. 'I'll never forget, before they went out to do the encore – there was a ladder leading up to the stage area. Neil started up the ladder, turned back, and the members of Pearl Jam came up to him. They all reached out, met their hands together in the center, like a high school basketball team – rocked them up and down and said, 'Yeah, let's go!'' Stockwell laughed. 'I said, 'Wait a second, what the hell is this? This guy is fifty and he's got these kids goin' out there like a team.' It's not just musical respect for him, it's love.'"
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• it still freaks me out that some fans were pissed when the neil jam thing went down in toldeo for the vfc tour
    some people are so weird...
    what's not to love?
  • Every time a performance Series release is announced for a split second I'm hoping for a performance for this tour.

I know one will be at some point. I just hope its sooner than later.
  • But LOL at the 4th box set coming out.

• it still freaks me out that some fans were pissed when the neil jam thing went down in toldeo for the vfc tour
    some people are so weird...
    what's not to love?

I think you're confusing the show from '95 when Ed got sick in San Francisco and Neil finished the set for him with Toledo VFC.
    This place went bonkers (in a good way) during and after Toledo.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    If it ever came up as a boot on vinyl, I would buy it in an instant.
  • actually i remember more than a few fans here were not pleased that neil took over the PJ VFC toledo show
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    From the title I thought it was about London 2013.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • actually i remember more than a few fans here were not pleased that neil took over the PJ VFC toledo show

Hmmm. Interesting. George and John could come back to life, meet up with Paul and Ringo at a Pearl Jam show, play two songs and people here would still post, "I paid to see Pearl Jam, damnit!!"

Hmmm. Interesting. George and John could come back to life, meet up with Paul and Ringo at a Pearl Jam show, play two songs and people here would still post, "I paid to see Pearl Jam, damnit!!"
    :lol: It's funny cuz it's true.
  • But LOL at the 4th box set coming out.

Haha, trust me, I don't even think will get a second box set. Haha :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• Hmmm. Interesting. George and John could come back to life, meet up with Paul and Ringo at a Pearl Jam show, play two songs and people here would still post, "I paid to see Pearl Jam, damnit!!"

so fucking true.

• lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    edited September 2016

actually i remember more than a few fans here were not pleased that neil took over the PJ VFC toledo show

so True. remember people bitching about the TOTD reunion at PJ20..........
    now they are ready to do anything for a ticket.

and everytime I read that part in the Shakey biography I think about that version of "Rockin" from the PJ20 extra disc.
    so fucking good. Neil honestly doesn't give a shit about selling records anymore or he would put this out on vinyl and give a $15 discount to 10club members.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• lolobugg said:

actually i remember more than a few fans here were not pleased that neil took over the PJ VFC toledo show

and everytime I read that part in the Shakey biography I think about that version of "Rockin" from the PJ20 extra disc.
    so fucking good. Neil honestly doesn't give a shit about selling records anymore or he would put this out on vinyl and give a $15 discount to 10club members.
    What version of rocking? What have I missed or forgotten?
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192

lolobugg said:

off the top of my head... I think the disc is called "the Kids are Twenty". collects the full performances from the PJ20 documentary.
    The Rocking is from the 95 European tour.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

off the top of my head... I think the disc is called "the Kids are Twenty". collects the full performances from the PJ20 documentary.
    The Rocking is from the 95 European tour.
    Oh yes, now I remember. That's when I learned about a Pro shot show existing.
  • better question, why hasn't this been released? this is magic.
  • lolobugg said:

I find that to be hilarious. Some folks lost their shit over that at PJ20....now its ISO ISO ISO ISO ISO!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lolobugg said:

I find that to be hilarious. Some folks lost their shit over that at PJ20....now its ISO ISO ISO ISO ISO!!
    I get the irony. But at the time it's not really the same.
  • Keep in mind that this band records and documents almost EVERYTHING. I have no doubt that they will release classic shows, studio sessions, documentaries, etc...in years to come. I dread the sad day, but when they are through and done there is so much stuff to put out there